Daily Current Affairs 10 October 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 10 October 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 10 October 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 10 October 2019 Current affairs test.
1. India Carpet Expo
- The Carpet Export Promotion Council (CEPC) is organizing the 38th India Carpet Expo in Varanasi.
- It is with an aim to promote the cultural heritage and weaving skills of Indian hand-made carpets and other floor coverings for the visiting overseas carpet buyers.
2. Busan International Film Festival
- Actress Bhumi Pednekar has won the Face of Asia award at Busan International Film Festival (BIFF) in South Korea.
- Bhumi Pednekar is an Indian film actress. After working as an assistant casting director at Yash Raj Films for six years, Pednekar made her film debut as an overweight bride in the company’s romantic comedy Dum LagaKeHaisha, which earned her the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut.
3. National e-Assessment Scheme
- Revenue Secretary and CEO of UIDAI Ajay Bhushan Pandey has inaugurated National e-Assessment Scheme (NeAS) in New Delhi.
- It will help in imparting efficiency, transparency, accountability in the assessment process and would have no physical interface between taxpayers and tax officers.
4. ‘Hawk-Eye’ App
- Telangana police has become the first in country to integrate police patrol systems with passenger cabs.
- ‘Hawk-Eye’ App of Telangana police which is connected to every taxi aggregator apps that provides a cab service facility.
- Telangana: Capital: Hyderabad || Chief minister: K. Chandrashekar Rao || Governor: Tamilisai Soundararajan
1. World Mental Health Day
- World Mental Health Dayon 10th October, is a day for global mental health education, awareness and advocacy against social stigma.
- It was first celebrated in 1992 at the initiative of the World Federation for Mental Health, a global mental health organization with members and contacts in more than 150 countries.
2. RCEP Intersessional Ministerial Meeting
- Minister of Commerce & Industry and Railways, Piyush Goyal will attend 9th Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) Intersessional Ministerial meeting to be held on 11-12 October 2019 at Bangkok in Thailand.
- The Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership is a proposed free trade agreement between the ten member states of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations and its six FTA partners.
- RCEP negotiations were formally launched in November 2012 at the ASEAN Summit in Cambodia.
3. Exercise Nomadic Elephant 2019
- The 14th edition of Indo–Mongolian joint Military Exercise Nomadic Elephant-XIV has started at Bakloh, Himachal Pradesh.
- Mongolia Capital: Ulaanbaatar || Currency: Mongolian togrog.
4. Book ‘Becoming: A Guided Journal for Discovering Your Voice’
- Book ‘Becoming: A Guided Journal for Discovering Your Voice’ is authored by Michelle Obama.
- Michelle Obama is an American lawyer, university administrator and writer, who was the first lady of the United States from 2009 to 2017. She is married to the 44th president of the United States, Barack Obama, and was the first African-American first lady.
1. AEOI (Automatic Exchange of Information) framework with Swis Bank
- India has received details about financial accounts of its residents from Swiss banks under the AEOI (Automatic Exchange of Information) framework.
- AEOI framework provides for exchange of information on financial accounts that currently active as well as those accounts that were closed during 2018.
2. Nippon India Mutual Fund
- Reliance Mutual Fund has been renamed as ‘Nippon India Mutual Fund’.
- The 75% stake in Reliance Nippon Life Asset Management has been purchased by Nippon Life Insurance.
- Nippon India Mutual Fund has become the largest foreign-owned Asset Management Company in India.
- CEO: Sundeep Sikka
3. Bhaskar Bhat retires
- Titan Company has announced the retirement of its MD Bhaskar Bhat after about 33 years of service.
- C.K. Venkataraman, who was the CEO of the jewellery business since 2005, has taken over the role of MD with effect from October 1.
- Titan Company Limited is an Indian consumer goods company. It is a joint venture between the Tata Group and the Tamil Nadu Industrial Development Corporation. It commenced operations in 1984 under the name Titan Watches Limited.
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
4. Infosys with Volvo
- Infosys has tied-up with Volvo to deliver Volvo Cars’ digital transformation services.
- The Volvo Group is a Swedish multinational manufacturing company headquartered in Gothenburg. While its core activity is the production, distribution and sale of trucks, buses and construction equipment, Volvo also supplies marine and industrial drive systems and financial services.
- Headquarters: Gothenburg, Sweden || CEO: Martin Lundstedt || Founded: 14 April 1927, Hisingen, Gothenburg, Sweden
1. Football Goalkeeper Petr Cech
- Former Chelsea and Arsenal goalkeeper Petr Cech has signed for ice hockey team Guildford Phoenix.
- Petr Čech is a Czech former professional footballer who played as a goalkeeper and is currently netminder for the ice hockey side Guildford Phoenix.
- He last played for Premier League club Arsenal. He has been described by numerous players, pundits and managers as one of the greatest goalkeepers in the history of the Premier League. He is currently the Technical And Performance Advisor at his former club Chelsea.
2. World Powerlifting Championships
- Surender Singh of India has bagged Gold medals in 110 kg category, Classic Raw and the Best Lifter Award in Classic Raw and Single Ply at World Powerlifting Championships.
- World Powerlifting Championships is being in Berlin, Germany.
3. Tokyo Olympic Games 3×3 basketball qualifying tournament
- India will host the Tokyo Olympic Games 3×3 basketball qualifying tournament in March 2020.
- The competition will be organized under the Basketball Federation of India (BFI) and the International Basketball Federation (FIBA).
- FIBA: Formation: 18 June 1932 || Headquarters: Mies, Switzerland || President : Hamane Niang
- 2020 Tokyo Olympics: Host city: Tokyo, Japan || Schedule: 24 July, 2020 – 9 August, 2020
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15
- Daily Current Affairs: October 16
- Daily Current Affairs: October 17
- Daily Current Affairs: October 18
- Daily Current Affairs: October 19
- Daily Current Affairs: October 20
- Daily Current Affairs: October 21
- Daily Current Affairs: October 22
- Daily Current Affairs: October 23
- Daily Current Affairs: October 24
- Daily Current Affairs: October 25
- Daily Current Affairs: October 26
- Daily Current Affairs: October 27
- Daily Current Affairs: October 28
- Daily Current Affairs: October 29
- Daily Current Affairs: October 30
- Daily Current Affairs: October 31