Daily Current Affairs 10 August 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 10 August 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 10 August 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you
to try 10 August 2017 Current affairs test.
1. Make common question paper for NEET in all languages: SC
- The SC pulled up the CBSE for setting different question paper for students who took NEET 2017 in regional languages.
- The SC observed that the sole purpose of NEET was to have common examination which meant that there must be uniformity.
2. Indian Army asks people near Doklam to vacate the village
- Over 100 residents have been asked to vacate their houses on immediate basis.
- Notably, heavy troop movement has been witnessed in the area.
3.Gujarat teen vows to unfurl Indian flag in Srinagar on 15th
- 15-year old Tanzeem Merani vowed to unfurl Indian flag at La Chowk in J&K’s Srinagar on Independence Day.
- Last year, she was stopped at the airport and she unfurled the flag there.
4.Chattisgarh police provide free education to local students
- The Katghora Police Station’s ground floor is used for police administration while the first floor is being utilised for teaching purpose.
- Over 100 students are receiving education under the initiative with free books and stationery made available to them.
1.Delhi to see fastest growth in Asia in 5 yrs
- A study by Oxford Economics claimed that Delhi will have fastest growth by 2021.
- Delhi’s economy will become almost 50% larger in 2021 that it was at the end of 2016.
2.Unexploded WWII bomb found at Fukushima
- The bomb was found on the premises of Japan’s Fukushima nuclear plant.
- The 85-long object believed to have been dropped by US during WWII was discovered by workers.
- The 2011 Fukushima nuclear disaster is considered as the world’s second worst which claimed around 8000 lives.
3.N Korea no imminent threat : US
- US State Secretary Rex Tillerson said he doesn’t believe there’s any threat from North Korea.
- This comes after N Korea said it is carefully examining plans for attack on the US territory of Guam.
1 . Citybank sues Mobikwik
- The bank sued digital wallet startup Mobikwik over non-payment of Rs.80 lakh earned in a joint programme.
- The programme was regarding reward points won by Citybank’s customers on using their credit cards for recharging Mobikwik wallet.
2. Aadhar may become mandatory to buy shares, mutual funds
- The government and market regulator SEBI are planning to link Aadhar to financial transactions.
- Recently, the govt made it mandatory to quote Aadhar for filing tax returns.
3. Reliance Comm. plans to issues shares to lenders
- Anil Ambani led Reliance Communications plans to issue shares for the debt it has raised from the lenders.
- Reliance communications has a debt of about Rs.45,000 crore.
1.Man on mission falls short of 36 kms
- An Indian ultra marathon runner who took up a challenge of running 10,000 km in 100 days fell short of 36 kms after he fell sick .
- He is now preparing for 40,000 kms run.
2. Prannoy jumps to 15th spot at BWF rankings
- The Badminton World Federation released the latest rankings.
- Kidambi Srikanth remains at 8th .
- PV Sindhu continued to be at 5th spot
- Daily Current Affairs: August 1
- Daily Current Affairs: August 2
- Daily Current Affairs: August 3
- Daily Current Affairs: August 4
- Daily Current Affairs: August 5
- Daily Current Affairs: August 6
- Daily Current Affairs: August 7
- Daily Current Affairs: August 8
- Daily Current Affairs: August 9