Daily Current Affairs 10 August 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 10 August 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 10 August 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 10 August 2018 Current affairs test.
1. ‘One District one Product’ Summit
- President Kovind, inaugurated the ‘One District One Product’ Summit in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
- This scheme will enhance skills of local people as well as increase the reach to products. And it will result in economic progress of artisans.
2. Project ‘SWAYAM’
- Study Webs of Active Learning for Young Aspiring Minds(SWAYAM)-an initiative which is launched by HRD Ministry.
- This a portal for online courses of almost intermidiate subjects and skill fields.
3. New Biosphere Reserve in WNBR list
- Khangchenzonga Biosphere Reserve has included in World Network of Biosphere Reserve List.
- It has become the 11th Biosphere Reserve from India.
- PARIVESH is a Single-Window Integrated Environmental Management System.
- The full form of PARIVESH is Pro-Active and Responsive facilitation by Interactive, Virtuous and Environmental Single-window Hub.
1. Next president of Colombia
- Colombia has chosen Iván Duque, to be its next president after a long and divisive campaign that often centred on a controversial peace process with leftist rebels the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia.
- Duque, who opposes the peace deal, won in a second round runoff election on Sunday with 53.9% of the vote.
- Colombian capital: Bogota, currency: Colombian peso.
2. International Geography Junior World Championship
- Avi Goyal is the winner of International Geography B. Junior Varsity Division World Championship.
- He is an Indian-American High School student from San Jose, California.
3. IKEA’s First store in India
- IKEA has opened the first store in Hyderabad, India with a 4,00,000 square feet outlet.
- IKEA is a Swedish-founded multinational group, that designs and sells ready-to-assemble furniture, kitchen appliances and home accessories. It has been the world’s largest furniture retailer since at least 2008.
4. World Biofuel Day 2018
- World Biofuel Day is observed every year on 10th August to create awareness about the importance of non-fossil fuels as an alternative to conventional fossil fuels and to highlight the various efforts made by the Government in the biofuel sector.
- PM Modi launched a Booklet on “National Policy on Biofuels 2018”, and launched PARIVESH System.
1. POCO- A new sub brand of Xiaomi
- It will come out with new mobile phone in India.
- Xiaomi Corporation is a Chinese electronics company headquartered in Beijing.CEO: Lei Jun
2. ‘Export Friend’ App
- Commerce Minister Suresh Prabhu has launched this application developed by Federation of Indian Export Organizations (FIEO).
- Ganesh Kumar Gupta is the current President of FIEO which is headquartered in New Delhi.
3. India’s GDP to grow at 7.5 %
- International Monetary Fund forecasted India’s GDP growth at 7.5 % for 2019-2020 fiscal.
- International Monetary Fund (IMF):- CEO – Christine Lagarde, Headquarters – Washington DC.
4. Investors’ Conference for the Holistic Development of Islands
- The Conference was inaugurated by Amitabh Kant, CEO NITI Aayog.
- NITI Aayog with the Ministry of Home Affairs and the UT Administrations of Andaman-Nicobar and Lakshadweep jointly hosted the conference.
1. Nicholas Bett passes away
- Nicholas Bett(Kenya) died in a car accident.
- He was former 400m hurdles world champion.
2. Jarrod Lyle Passed away
- Golfer Jarrod Lyle(Australia) passed away after battling with cancer.
- He played over 121 US PGA Tour tournaments in his career.
3. India’s flag-bearer at Asian Games
- Neeraj Chopra will be India’s flag-bearer at opening ceremony.
- Jakarta Palembang 2018, is a pan-Asian multi-sport event scheduled to be held from 18 August to 2 September 2018 in the Indonesian cities of Jakarta and Palembang.
- Daily Current Affairs: August 1
- Daily Current Affairs: August 2
- Daily Current Affairs: August 3
- Daily Current Affairs: August 4
- Daily Current Affairs: August 5
- Daily Current Affairs: August 6
- Daily Current Affairs: August 7
- Daily Current Affairs: August 8
- Daily Current Affairs: August 9
- Daily Current Affairs: August 10