Daily Current Affairs 10 August 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 10 August 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 10 August 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 10 August 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Bharat Ratna 2019 Award
- 1. Former President Pranab Mukherjee
- 2. Assamese singer-composer Bhupen Hazarika
- 3. Social Activist Nanaji Deshmukh
- Chandikadas Amritrao Deshmukh also known as Nanaji Deshmukh was a social activist from India. He worked in the fields of education, health, and rural self-reliance. He was honoured with the Padma Vibhushan in 1999.
- Bhupen Hazarika was an Indian playback singer, lyricist, musician, singer, poet and film-maker from Assam, widely known as Sudhakantha.
2. National Film Awards
- Best Feature Film: Hellaro (Gujarati Film)
- Best Director: Adhitya Dhar for Uri : The Surgical Strike
- Best Actor: Ayushmann Khuranna for Andhadhun and Vicky Kaushal for Uri : The Surgical Strike
- Best Actress: Keerthy Suresh for Mahanati
- Best Popular Film: BadhaaiHo
- Best film on Social Issues: Padman
- Best Female playback Singer: Bindu for Mayavi Manave (Kannada)
- Best Male Playback Singer: Arijit Singh for Bhinte Dhil
3. FAME scheme
- Department of Heavy Industry has sanctioned 5595 electric buses under second phase of ‘Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Electric Vehicles’ (FAME) scheme.
- The FAME India (Faster Adoption and Manufacture of (Hybrid and) Electric Vehicles) Scheme is an incentive scheme for the promotion of electric and hybrid vehicles in the country.
- Ultimate objective of the scheme is to promote electric mobility and the scheme gives financial incentives for enhancing electric vehicle production and creation of electric transportation infrastructure.
- Phase I: started in 2015 and was completed on March 31st, 2019.
- Phase II: started from April 1st, 2019, will be completed by March 31st, 2022.
4. Samagra Shiksha-Jal Suraksha Campaign
- HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ will launch ‘Samagra Shiksha-Jal Suraksha’ to create awareness about Water Conservation in all school of India.
- Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ is an Indian politician and the Union Cabinet Minister of Human Resource Development in the Second Modi Ministry. He represents the Haridwar Parliamentary constituency of Uttarakhand in the 17 Lok Sabha. He was the Chief Minister of Uttarakhand from 2009 to 2011.
1. International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples
- The International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples is observed on 9 August each year to frontup and protect the rights of the world’s indigenous population.
- This event also recognizes the achievements and contributions that indigenous people make to improve world issues such as environmental protection.
2. Ganga Water Sharing Treaty 1996
- India and Bangladesh will set up a Joint Technical committee for optimum use of Ganges water.
- The sharing of Ganga water comes under the Ganga Water Sharing Treaty 1996.
- Bangladesh: Capital: Dhaka || Currency: Taka || PM: Sheikh Hasina.
3. World Biofuel Day
- World Biofuel Day is observed every year on 10th of August to create awareness about the importance of non-fossil fuels as an alternative to conventional fossil fuels.
- Theme: ‘Production of Biodiesel from Used Cooking Oil’.
4. Rohingya Refugee Identity Card
- Over 5 lakh Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh have been issued identity documents by United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).
- These cards will help in establishing and safeguarding the right of Rohingya refugees to return to their homes in Myanmar.
- The Rohingya people are a stateless Indo-Aryan ethnic group who reside in Rakhine State, Myanmar. There were an estimated 1 million Rohingya living in Myanmar before the 2016–17 crisis. By December 2017, an estimated 625,000 refugees from Rakhine, Myanmar, had crossed the border into Bangladesh since August 2017.
- UNHCR Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland || UNHCR Head: Filippo Grandi.
1. Women Transforming India Awards
- NITI Aayog will launch 4th Edition of Women Transforming India Awards.
- It is in collaboration with United Nations to recognize women entrepreneurs across India.
- Theme: ‘Women and Entrepreneurship’.
- WhatsApp has collaborated with NITI Aayog for WTI Awards 2019.
- USD 100000 will be awarded to the award winners.
- CEO NITI Aayog: Amitabh Kant || Vice Chairman: Rajiv Kumar.
2. Asian Development Bank with Government of Maharashtra
- Asian Development Bank has approved a USD 200 million loan for Maharashtra Government to improve road infrastructure in 34 districts.
- The Asian Development Bank is a regional development bank established on 19 December 1966, which is headquartered in the Ortigas Center located in the city of Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines.
- Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines || President: Takehiko Nakao || Founded: 19 December 1966 || Membership: 68 countries
3. National Entrepreneurship Awards 2019
- The 4th edition of the National Entrepreneurship Awards is instituted by Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
- It is with an aim to recognize and encourage Indian Entrepreneurs and catalyse a cultural shift in youth for entrepreneurship.
- Minister for Skill Development & Entrepreneurship: Dr Mahendra Nath Pandey.
1. Summer Paralympics
- 2016 – Rio De Janerio , Brazil
- 2020 – Tokyo , Japan
- 2024 – Paris , France
- 2028 – Los Angles, USA
2. Winter Paralympics
- 2018 – Pyeong Chang , South Korea
- 2022 – Beijing , China
- 2026 – Milan & Cortina, Italy
3. Archery Association of India
- The World Archery has suspended Archery Association of India for Guidelines Voilations.
- The World Archery Federation is the governing body of the sport of archery. It is based in Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland || President: Uğur Erdener
- Daily Current Affairs: August 1
- Daily Current Affairs: August 2
- Daily Current Affairs: August 3
- Daily Current Affairs: August 4
- Daily Current Affairs: August 5
- Daily Current Affairs: August 6
- Daily Current Affairs: August 7
- Daily Current Affairs: August 8
- Daily Current Affairs: August 9
- Daily Current Affairs: August 10
- Daily Current Affairs: August 11
- Daily Current Affairs: August 12
- Daily Current Affairs: August 13
- Daily Current Affairs: August 14
- Daily Current Affairs: August 15
- Daily Current Affairs: August 16
- Daily Current Affairs: August 17
- Daily Current Affairs: August 18
- Daily Current Affairs: August 19
- Daily Current Affairs: August 20
- Daily Current Affairs: August 21
- Daily Current Affairs: August 22
- Daily Current Affairs: August 23
- Daily Current Affairs: August 24
- Daily Current Affairs: August 25
- Daily Current Affairs: August 26
- Daily Current Affairs: August 27
- Daily Current Affairs: August 28
- Daily Current Affairs: August 29
- Daily Current Affairs: August 30
- Daily Current Affairs: August 31