Daily Current Affairs 10 December 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 10 December 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 10 December 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 10 December 2017 Current affairs test.
1.UN Women, Facebook inaugurates ‘We The Women’ event in Mumbai.
- UN Women in collaboration with Facebook inaugurated a two day event in Mumbai titled ‘We The Women’ to empower and recognize the magnificent contribution of women in our society.
2.PM Modi taking India toward low carbon emission: World Bank.
- World Bank President Jim Yong Kim said, Prime Minister Narendra Modi is committed to moving India towards a lower carbon intensity.
- India is leading in terms of solar projects and one such ultra mega solar project will be discussed at France summit to mark the two year anniversary of signing of the Paris Agreement on December 12, Kim added.
3.New Delhi to host Asean-India connectivity summit.
- New Delhi will host the two-day long Asean-India Connectivity Summit(AICS) on the theme “Powering Digital and Physical Linkages for Asia in the 21st Century”.
1.Human Rights Day- 10 December.
- Human Rights Day is observed every year on 10th December.
- The day United Nations General Assembly adopted in 1948 the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
2.Sri Lanka formally hands over Hambantota Port to China.
- Sri Lanka formally handed over the southern Hambantota Port to China on a 99-year lease and received $292mn out of the $1.12bn deal.
- The Port will play key role in China’s One Belt One Road initiative by linking ports and roads between China and Europe.
3.Palestinian President cancels meet with US VP over Jerusalem move.
- Following US President Donald Trump’s decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital, Palestinian President Mohamoud Abbas cancelled a meeting with US Vice President Mike Pence.
- They were scheduled to meet on December 19 in Cairo.
1.Mahesh Sharma inaugurates ‘Bodhi Parva: BIMSTEC Festival of Budhist Heritage’.
- Minister of State for Culture Dr. Mahesh Sharma has inaugurated the three days ‘Bodhi Parva: BIMSTEC Festivalof Buddhist Heritage’ in New Delhi.
- BIMSTEC is the Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Techinal and Economic Cooperation consisting India, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Myanmar, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Thailand.
2.JV between SAIL, ArcelorMittal soon: Minister.
- Union Steel Minister Chaudhary Birendra Singh said that the joint venture(JV) between Steel Authority of India(SAIL) and ArcelorMittal will be signed soon.
- He further said the proposed Rs.15,000crore automotive steel plant will come up in Adnhra Pradesh.
3.India’s GDP growth to raise to 7.5% in 2018: Morgan Stanley.
- According to a report by global brokerage firm Morgan Stanley, India’s GDP growth is likely to accelerate from 6.4% this year to 7.5% in 2018, and to 7.7% in 2019.
- The report further said the government’s plan to recapitalize state-owned banks would remove the potential trail risk of the banking system posing a drag on growth.
1.FIFA lifts Kuwait football ban.
- The international football federation, FIFA has lifted a two-year suspension against Kuwait’s football association that has prevented the country from participating in international tournaments.
- FIFA president Gianno Infantino confirmed the move in a video posted on the Instagram account of Kuwait’s minister.
- Daily Current Affairs: December 1
- Daily Current Affairs: December 2
- Daily Current Affairs: December 3
- Daily Current Affairs: December 4
- Daily Current Affairs: December 5
- Daily Current Affairs: December 6
- Daily Current Affairs: December 7
- Daily Current Affairs: December 8
- Daily Current Affairs: December 9
- Daily Current Affairs: December 10