Daily Current Affairs 10 February 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 10 February 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 10 February 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 10 February 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Essential services can’t be denied on lack of Aadhaar : UIDAI
- Citing the Aadhaar Act 2016, the UIDAI said essential services including medical help, school admission and ration through Public Distribution System cannot be denied to beneficiaries who do not possess Aadhaar cards.
- The authority added that it has made a serious note of reported cases where essential services were denied over the lack of Aadhaar.
2. Technologies like AI pose security challenges : Home Min
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh said new technologies like Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain Technology, Cloud Computing and Robotics are posing new security challenges.
- He also revealed the govt’s plans to establish a cybercrime reporting portal and a cybercrime lab to stop crimes against women and children.
3. Land for Babri Masjid can’t be sold, gifted : Owaisi
- AIMIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi said the land dedicated for Babri Masjid cannot be sold, gift, or alienated.
- He further said that AIMPLB emphasises that land once dedicated “vests in Allah”.
1. Don’t want Maldives to be another issue with India : China
- Amid the ongoing crisis in Maldives, China has said that it did not want the island nation to become another flashpoint in its ties with India.
- This came after reports suggested that India may send troops to the Maldives.
2. 1 killed, 129 injured in twin Libya mosque blasts
- 129 were injured in twin blasts at a mosque in the Libyan city of Benghazi.
- The blasts flow twin car bombings outside a mosque in Benghazi last month that killed nearly 40 people.
3. PM Modi 1st Indian Prime Minister to visit Palestine
- The PM will also visit the UAE and Oman
- The Ministry of External Affairs said that the Prime Minister’s visit was aimed at strengthening India’s ties with the Gulf and West Asian region.
1. NSE, BSE to stop trading of their indices on foreign bourses
- Indian stock exchanges NSE, BSE and MSE said they’ll immediately stop trading of their indices on foreign bourses to prevent migration of liquidity to overseas markets.
- This comes at a time when Singapore Stock Exchange launched trading in single-stock futures in India’s top 50 companies.
2. Patanjali CEO supports legalisation of marijuana in India
- CEO Acharya Balkrishna said that the nation should consider the benefits and positive uses of marijuana.
- He added in a interview that Ayurveda has used marijuana due to its medicinal benefits since ancient ages.
3. SBI posts a quarterly loss for first time in 17 years
- SBI reportedly a loss of Rs.2,416.4 cr for the December quarter marking its first quarterly loss in at least 17 years.
- The bank’s net interest income during the quarter rose to Rs.18,688 cr.
1. SA defeat India in 4th ODI to stay alive in the series
- SA defeated India by 5 wickets in the rain-curtailed 4th ODI at Johannesburg to stay alive in the 6 match series by reducing India’s lead to 3-1.
- SA also ended India’ record of winning streak of nine ODI matched.
2. India could lose 2021 CT hosting rights over tax exemption
- India could lose the hosting rights of 2021 Champions Trophy if the govt doesn’t provide full tax exemption to the ICC.
- Notably, ICC lost a revenue of Rs.125 cr from the 2016 World T20 staged in India.
- Daily Current Affairs: February 1
- Daily Current Affairs: February 2
- Daily Current Affairs: February 3
- Daily Current Affairs: February 4
- Daily Current Affairs: February 5
- Daily Current Affairs: February 6
- Daily Current Affairs: February 7
- Daily Current Affairs: February 8
- Daily Current Affairs: February 9
- Daily Current Affairs: February 10
- Daily Current Affairs: February 11
- Daily Current Affairs: February 12