Daily Current Affairs 10 February 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 10 February 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 10 February 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 10 February 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Himalayan Cloud Observatory
- A Himalayan Cloud Observatory has been set up in Tehri district of Uttarakhand.
- Uttarakhand, a state in northern India crossed by the Himalayas, is known for its Hindu pilgrimage sites. Rishikesh, a major centre for yoga study, was made famous by the Beatles’ 1968 visit. The city hosts the evening Ganga Aarti, a spiritual gathering on the sacred Ganges River. The state’s forested Jim Corbett National Park shelters Bengal tigers and other native wildlife.
2. Zero Fatality Corridor
- ‘Zero Fatality Corridor’ (ZFC) means to assess the cause for crashes on the outer ring road stretch between Burari and Bhalaswa Chowk.
- Delhi :- Lt. Governor: Anil Baijal
3. Mobile App ‘DigiCop’
- Chennai Police has launched Mobile App ‘Digicop’.
- Mobile App ‘DigiCop’ can help people to track the status of stolen two-wheelers and cell phones.
4. DD ‘Arun Prabha’ Channel
- PM Modi has launched the DD ‘Arun Prabha’ Channel in Itanagar.
- It is a 24×7 satellite television channel and is second channel from Doordarshan for the north-eastern region, after DD North East.
1. Asia’s oldest elephant in captivity
- Elephant ‘Gaja Muthassi’ Dakshayani is the oldest elephant in captivity in Asia.
- It has recently passed away in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
2. India Heritage Walk Festival
- Sahapedia with UNESCO has organised the 2nd edition of India Heritage Walk Festival (IHWF) 2019.The inaugural day had parallel heritage walks in other cities, including Mumbai, Delhi, Varanasi, Guwahati, Pune, Udaipur, Kolkata, Puducherry and Chennai.
- Sahapedia is an open online multimedia knowledge resource on the arts, cultures and histories of India based on both curated and crowd-sourced content. ‘Saha’ is Sanskrit for ‘together with’. On the Sahapedia portal, users can read articles, watch videos, listen to interviews, and browse image galleries.
- The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations based in Paris.
3. Lifetime Achievement Award by Canadian Academy
- Deepa Mehta will be honoured with Lifetime Achievement Award by the Academy of Canadian Cinema and Television.
- Deepa Mehta is an Indo-Canadian film director and screenwriter, best known for her Elements Trilogy, Fire, Earth, and Water
4. World Pulses Day
- World Pulses Day is observed on 10th February.
- It is the 1st of its kind, designated United Nations global event to celebrate pulses worldwide.
1. New CEO of Fortis Healthcare
- Ashutosh Raghuvanshi has been appointed as the CEO of Fortis Healthcare.
- Fortis Healthcare Limited is a chain of hospitals, headquartered in India. Malaysia’s IHH Healthcare Bhd has become the controlling shareholder of Fortis Healthcare Ltd by acquiring a 31.1% stake in the company.
2. Rs 1 crore fine on SBI
- RBI has slapped Rs 1 crore penalty on SBI.
- RBI under Section 47 A of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 has levied the penalty on DBI for not monitoring the end use of funds in respect of one of its borrowers.
3. Anti-tank missile “Helina”
- India has test-fired Helina, a helicopter-launched version of the Nag anti-tank guided missile at Balasore District of Odisha.
- It is developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
1. Hero Gold Cup (Football)
- Hero Gold Cup is a Football tournament by All India Football Federation.
- a four-nation competition (India, Iran, Myanmar and Nepal) has started in Kalinga Stadium, Bhubaneswar.
2. Ban on Russian Para Athletes lifted
- International Paralympics Committee has lifted the ban on Russian Para athletes.
- The ban was active since August 2016.
3. Australian Cricket team’s assistant coach
- ‘Cricket Australia’ (CA) has appointed Ricky Ponting as assistant coach for Australia’s cricket team for WC-2019.
- Head coach for Australian Cricket team :- Justin Langer
- Daily Current Affairs: February 1
- Daily Current Affairs: February 2
- Daily Current Affairs: February 3
- Daily Current Affairs: February 4
- Daily Current Affairs: February 5
- Daily Current Affairs: February 6
- Daily Current Affairs: February 7
- Daily Current Affairs: February 8
- Daily Current Affairs: February 9
- Daily Current Affairs: February 10