Daily Current Affairs 10 February 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 10 February 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 10 February 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 10 February 2020 Current affairs test.
1. National Deworming Day
- National Deworming Day is being observed on 10 February across India.
- The day aims at eradicating intestinal worms also known as Soil-Transmitted Helminths (STH), among children in the age group of 1-19 years.
2. HunarHaat in Indore
- Madhya Pradesh Governor Lalji Tandon has inaugurated HunarHaat in Indore.
- Indore is a city in west-central India. It’s known for the 7-story Rajwada Palace and the Lal Baag Palace, which date back to Indore’s 19th-century Holkar dynasty. The Holkar rulers are honored by a cluster of tombs and cenotaphs at ChhatriBaag. The night market Sarafa Bazar sells street food. East is the Indo-Gothic Gandhi Hall and clock tower. The Jain temple KanchMandir has a mirrored mosaic interior.
3. Second largest metro network in India
- Hyderabad Metro Rail has become second largest metro network after Delhi in India covering 69.2 km.
- Chief Minister of Telangana: K. Chandrashekar Rao || Governor of Telangana: Dr Tamilisai Soundararajan.
1. World Pulses Day
- World Pulses Day has been proclaimed on February 10 of each year since 2019 by the General Assembly of the United Nations on December 20, 2018.
- World Pulses Day is a designated United Nations global event to recognize the importance of pulses (chickpeas, dry beans, lentils, dry peas and lupins among others) as a global food.
2. Oscars Award 2020 winners
- The 92nd Academy Awards ceremony, presented by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS), honoured the best films of 2019 and took place at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, Los Angeles, California.
- The South Korean film Parasite led the ceremony with four awards, including Best Picture, becoming the first film not in the English language to do so.
- The war film 1917 won three awards; Ford v Ferrari, Joker, and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood each won two awards.
- Best Picture: Parasite, Kwak Sin Ae (Producer) and Bong JoonHo (Director)
- Best Actor: Joaquin Phoenix – Joker as Arthur Fleck / Joker
- Best Actress: Renée Zellweger – Judy as Judy Garland
- Best Director: Bong Joon-ho – Parasite
- Best Supporting Actor: Brad Pitt – Once Upon a Time in Hollywood as Cliff Booth
- Best Supporting Actress: Laura Dern – Marriage Story as Nora Fanshaw
- Best Animated Feature Film: Toy Story 4
- Best Documentary Feature: American Factory
- Best Documentary Short Subject: Learning to Skateboard in a Warzone (If You’re a Girl)
- Best Original Score: Joker – Hildur Guðnadóttir
- Best Original Song: “(I’m Gonna) Love Me Again” from Rocketman – music by Elton John; lyrics by Bernie Taupin
- Best sound mixing- 1917
- Best sound editing- Ford v Ferrari
- Best Cinematography- 1917, Roger Deakins
- Best Writing (Original Screenplay)- Parasite
- Visual Effects- 1917
3. India-Central Asia Business Council
- Indian Government and Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry have launched India-Central Asia Business Council.
- Aim: Initiative to boost business amid an economic slowdown
- The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry is an association of business organisations in India. Established in 1927, on the advice of Mahatma Gandhi by GD Birla and Purushottam Das Thakurdas, it is the largest, oldest and the apex business organization in India.
- Headquarters location: New Delhi || Founded: 1927
1. AIIB with Andhra Pradesh Government
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank has offered to extend a $3 billion loan to Andhra Pradesh for development projects.
- The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank is a multilateral development bank that aims to support the building of infrastructure in the Asia-Pacific region. The bank currently has 76 members as well as 26 prospective members from around the world.
- AIIB: Headquarters: Beijing ,China || President : Jinliqun
2. LinkedIn CEO to step down
- LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner is stepping down as CEO after 11 years of service.
- Ryan Roslansky, senior Vice President of Linkedin will become the CEO of the company as of June 1.
- Jeffrey “Jeff” Weiner is an American businessman. He is the chief executive officer of LinkedIn, a business-related social networking website. He started with LinkedIn on December 15, 2008, as Interim President. Weiner played an instrumental role in LinkedIn’s acquisition by Microsoft for $26 billion in June 2016.
- LinkedIn: Founded- 2002 || Headquarters- California, US
3. MOOCLab’s Business School Rankings 2020
- These rankings are for provision, design and delivery of Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs).
- Top Three:
- 1. HEC Paris (France)
- 2. Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania (USA)
- 3. Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
1. ICC U-19 Cricket World Cup 2020
- Bangladesh has won the ICC U-19 Cricket World Cup 2020 defeating India.
- The ICC U-19 Cricket World Cup 2020 was held in South Africa.
2. India’s Davis Cup captain
- Rohit Rajpal will continue as India’s non-playing Davis Cup captain.
- The Davis Cup is the premier international team event in men’s tennis. It is run by the International Tennis Federation and Kosmos Holding and is contested annually between teams from competing countries in a knock-out format.