Daily Current Affairs 10 January 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 10 January 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 10 January 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 10 January 2019 Current affairs test.
1. The 33rd district of Tamil Nadu
- Kallakurichi will be the 33rd district of Tamil Nadu.
- This new district will be carved out by bifurcating Viluppuram.
2. Indian Army and Punjab National Bank
- Indian Army and Punjab National Bank have signed an MOU on the Defence Salary Package.
- General Bipin Rawat is the present Chief of Staff of Indian Army.
- Sunil Mehta is the MD and CEO of PNB.
3. New Book by Sanjay Khan
- Sanjay Khan has announced his second book titled, ‘Assalamalaikum Watan’.
- His autobiography ‘The Best Mistakes of My Life’ (First Book).
- Sanjay Khan is an Indian film actor, producer, director known for his works in Hindi cinema and television. Sanjay Khan made his debut in Chetan Anand’s 1964 film Haqeeqat, followed by the Rajshri film Dosti which won the National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Hindi for that year.
1. Bank Pasargad to open a branch in India
- Bank Pasargad of Iran will open a branch in Mumbai.
- UCO Bank from India will open a branch in Iran.
- This will expect to facilitate transactions related to India’s oil purchases from Iran in Rupee amidst US sanctions.
- Bank Pasargad, also known as BPI, is a major Iranian private bank offering retail, commercial and investment banking services. The company was established in 2005 as a part of the government’s privatization of the banking system.
2. Iconic Chrysler Building is on sale
- The owners of Chrysler Building have hired CBRE Group to sell the 77-story skyscraper.
- The Chrysler Building is an Art Deco–style skyscraper located on the East Side of Midtown Manhattan in New York City, at the intersection of 42nd Street and Lexington Avenue in the Turtle Bay neighborhood of Manhattan.
3. World’s Largest Plane-maker
- Boeing Co. has retained the crown as world’s largest plane-maker as both manufacturers and supplier.
- Boeing Co. delivered a record 806 commercial aircraft in 2018, edging out Airbus SE
- The Boeing Company is an American multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, and sells airplanes, rotorcraft, rockets, satellites, and missiles worldwide. The company also provides leasing and product support services.
- Airbus SE, from 2000 to 2014 known as the European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company, is a European aerospace corporation, registered in the Netherlands and trading shares in France, Germany and Spain.
4. Eastern Economic Forum
- Vladimir Putin has invited PM Modi as a main guest to the Eastern Economic Forum in September 2019.
- Eastern Economic Forum is an international forum held each year in Vladivostok, Russia, for the purpose of encouraging foreign investment in the Russian Far East.
- Location: Far Eastern Federal University || Headquarters: Vladivostok, Russia
1. Committee to boost Digital Payments
- RBI has constituted a FIve member High-Level Committee to boost Digital Payments and to enhance financial inclusion.
- It will be headed by former Chairman of UIDAI Nandan Nilekani.
- Nandan Nilekani is an Indian entrepreneur, bureaucrat and politician. He co-founded Infosys and is the non executive chairman of Infosys replacing R Seshasayee and Ravi Venkatesan, who were the co-chairs of the board, on 24 August 2017.
2. NABVENTURES Ltd
- NABVENTURES Ltd has been incorporated by NABARD as its venture capital entity under the Companies Act.
- It will provide early-stage capital to agriculture and rural enterprises
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development is an apex development financial institution in India, headquartered at Mumbai with regional offices all over India.
3. India’s GDP Growth by World Bank
- Acc. to World Bank, India’s GDP is expected to grow at 7.3% in the FY 2018-19, and 7.5% for the next two years.
- The World Bank is an international financial institution that provides loans to countries of the world for capital projects. It comprises two institutions: the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development, and the International Development Association. The World Bank is a component of the World Bank Group.
4. Facebook India’s Vice President and Managing Director
- Ajit Mohan has officially been appointed as Facebook India’s Vice President and Managing Director.
- Ajit Mohan is the former chief executive officer of Star India.
1. 2019 African Cup of Nations
- Egypt won the hosting rights for the African Cup of Nations 2019.
- The CAF Africa Cup of Nations, officially CAN, also referred to as AFCON, or Total Africa Cup of Nations, is the main international association football competition in Africa. It is sanctioned by the Confederation of African Football and was first held in 1957.
2. African Footballer Of The Year
- Mohamed Salah has been named as the 2018 Confederation of African Football Player of the Year.
- Houston Dash and Thembi Kgatlana (South Africa forward) has been named Women’s Player of the Year.
3. Mary’ Kom to become World No.1
- Acc. to International Boxing Association’s (AIBA) latest world rankings, M C Mary Kom’s unprecedented sixth world title triumph has celebrated the number one position.
- Mary Kom is an Indian Olympic boxer from Manipur. She is the only woman to become World Amateur Boxing champion for a record six times, and the only woman boxer to have won a medal in each one of the seven world championships.
- Daily Current Affairs: January 1
- Daily Current Affairs: January 2
- Daily Current Affairs: January 3
- Daily Current Affairs: January 4
- Daily Current Affairs: January 5
- Daily Current Affairs: January 6
- Daily Current Affairs: January 7
- Daily Current Affairs: January 8
- Daily Current Affairs: January 9
- Daily Current Affairs: January 10