Daily Current Affairs 10 July 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 10 July 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 10 July 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 10 July 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Gujarat Government has granted religious minority status to Jews living in the state.
- Gujarat is third state in India to grant religious minority status to Jews after West Bengal and Maharashtra.
- Six religious communities, viz. Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Zoroastrians (Parsis) and Jains have been notified in Gazette of India as minority communities by Union Government all over India.
2. Institutions of Eminence
- Government declares 6 educational ‘Institutions of Eminence’; 3 Institutions from Public Sector and 3 from Private Sector shortlisted.
- Public Sector: (i) Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, Karnataka; (ii) Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, Maharashtra; and (iii) Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi.
- Private Sector: (i) Jio Institute (Reliance Foundation) Pune; (ii) Birla Institute of Technology & Sciences, Pilani, Rajasthan; and (iii) Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal, Karnataka.
3. Global Housing Construction Technology Challenge
- The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs is set to launch the Global Housing Construction Technology Challenge as part of the technology sub-mission of PMAY-U.
- The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) Programme launched by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation , in Mission mode envisions provision of Housing for All by 2022.
4. India Tourism Mart
- First ever ‘India Tourism Mart’ will be hosted in New Delhi from 16th to 18th September by the Ministry of Tourism in partnership with the Federation of Associations in Indian Tourism and Hospitality (FAITH).
- ITM will be the best platform for the States to showcase their products to international buyers.
1. Pak Spy Satellites Launched By China
- China successfully launched two remote sensing satellites of Pakistan on board of Long March-2C rocket from Jiuquan Satellite Launch facility.
- The name of the two remote sensing satellites PRSS-1 and PakTes-1A
2. Indian warship INS Trikand reaches Sri Lanka
- In a Goodwill visit, India’s latest frontline warship INS Trikand has reached Sri Lanka.
- INS Trikand is a warship equipped with a range of weapons and sensors capable of addressing threats in all three dimensions.
3. Brexit Secretary David Davis Resigned
- Brexit Secretary David Davis has resigned from the post of Secretary of Brexit.
- British Prime Minister Theresa May appointed Dominic Raab as the new Brexit Secretary after his predecessor David Davis.
1. Asian Development Bank approves USD 503 mn worth lining project of Son canal in Bihar
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved USD 503-million lining project of the Son canal of Bihar.
- This will bring immense benefits to the agriculture sector of the region.
2. RBI cancels the licence Of Alwar Urban Co-Operative Bank
- The licence of Alwar Urban Co-operative Bank in Alwar, Rajasthan has been cancelled as it was unable to pay its depositors in full.
- Urjit Patel- 24th Governor of RBI, Headquarters- Mumbai, Established on- 1st April 1935, in Kolkata.
3. The Department of Telecommunications has approved merger of Vodafone India and Idea Cellular
- The Department of Telecommunications (DoT) approved the merger of Vodafone India and Idea Cellular which will create the country’s largest mobile services operator.
- The combined operations of Idea and Vodafone will create the country’s largest telecom operator worth more than over Rs. 1.5 lakh crore, with a 35% market share and a subscriber base of about 430 million.
4. Data for New India
- The two-day International Round Table Conference on “Data for New India” was started in New Delhi.
- This conference is being organized by the Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation (MoSPI).
1. Sreejesh will Lead Indian Hockey Team at Asian Games 2018
- Indian goalkeeper PR Sreejesh will lead the 18-member Indian men’s hockey squad for Asian Games 2018.
- Chinglensana Singh Kangujam will serve as Vice Captain.
2. Luis Enrique as coach for Spanish International Football Team
- The Spanish national side has hired ex-Barcelona manager Luis Enrique .
- This came after the national side’s former manager Julen Lopetegui joined Real Madrid. Spain had sacked Lopetegui two days before their opening game of the tournament.
3. Dipika Pallikal to be in Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF) Athletes Advisory Commission
- Dipika Pallikal has been appointed as Asia’s representative in the prestigious Athletes Advisory Commission of the Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF).
- The CGF Athletes Advisory Commission is the body that represents and speaks on behalf of all Commonwealth athletes.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,10 July