Daily Current Affairs 10 July 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 10 July 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 10 July 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 10 July 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express
- Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express is set become first train to be operated by Private Companies.
- Indian Railways is India’s national railway system operated by the Ministry of Railways. It manages the fourth largest railway network in the world by size, with a route length of 67,368-kilometre and total track length of 121,407-kilometre as of March 2017.
- Indian Railways is the world’s eighth-largest employer by number of employees (1.4 million).
2. NHAI with NIIF
- National Highways Authority of India and National Investment and Infrastructure Fund have signed an MoU for funding highway projects.
- National Investment and Infrastructure Fund is India’s first sovereign wealth fund that was set up by the Government of India in February 2015.
- The National Highways Authority of India is an autonomous agency of the Government of India, set up in 1988.
3. Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
- Deposits in bank accounts under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana have crossed Rs 1 lakh crore mark.
- Jan Dhan accounts: Over 36.06 crore
- Balance in the accounts over Rs 1,00,495.94 crore
4. Bonalu festival
- The annual Bonalu festival has started at Jagadamba temple in Golconda Fort, Hyderabad Telangana.
- Bonalu or Goddess Mahankalibonalu is a Hindu Festival, Goddess Mahakali is worshiped.
- It is celebrated in the month of Ashada Masam, in July/August.
- Bonalu is an annual festival of Telangana celebrated in Twin Cities Hyderabad, Secunderabad and other parts of Telangana.
- Telangana: Chief Minister: K Chandrashekhar Rao || Governor: ESL Narasimhan.
1. UNESCO’s Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission
- Egypt was elected as the member of UNESCO’s Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission.
- The Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission of UNESCO was established by resolution 2.31 adopted by the General Conference of UNESCO.
- It first met in Paris at UNESCO’s Headquarters from 19 to 27 October 1961. Initially, 40 States became members of the Commission.
2. Sharjah’s first Golden Card visa
- First Golden Card Visa of Sharjah was issued to an Indian expat businessman Lalu Samuel.
- The Golden Card Visa is a 10-year long-term visa eligible for investors and entrepreneurs
- Sharjah is a United Arab Emirates city on the Arabian Gulf.
3. NASA’s PUNCH mission
- PUNCH means ‘Polari meter to Unify the Corona and Heliosphere’ image of Sun.
- Objective: Understanding the transition of particles from outer corona of Sun to solar wind that fills interplanetary space.
- Physicist Dipankar Banerjee was selected by NASA for its PUNCH mission.
- Dipankar Banerjee is a solar physicist from Indian Institute of Astrophysics Bengaluru, Karnataka.
1. Sportswear Brand Vector X’s New Brand Ambassador
- Sportswear Brand Vector X has appointed Footballer Dalima Chhibber as its Brand Ambassador.
- Dalima Chhibber is an Indian footballer who plays for the India women’s national football team. She currently plays for Gokulam Kerala FC in Indian Women’s League.
2. ISRO with Russia’s Glavkosmos
- ISRO has signed a pact with Glavkosmos of Russia for space training of Indian astronauts.
- It also includes selection support and medical examination for the same.
- Glavcosmos is a Russian launch service provider and subsidiary of the state corporation Roscosmos.
- The Roscosmos State Corporation for Space Activities, commonly known as Roscosmos, is a state corporation responsible for the wide range and types of space flights and cosmonautics programs for the Russian Federation.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation is the space agency of the Government of India headquartered in the city of Bengaluru.
3. 2019 Technology Pioneer Award by World Economic Forum
- World Economic Forum has awarded QuantelaInc with a 2019 Technology Pioneer Award.
- Quantela is a digital technology solutions company focused on Iot. It provides a comprehensive, customizable, scalable platform.
- ‘Atlantis’ is the product of Quantela which helps cities to proactively predict and solve social, economic and environmental problems.
- The World Economic Forum, based in Cologny-Geneva, Switzerland, was founded in 1971 as a not-for-profit organization.
4. WEF’s Global Lighthouse Network
- Tata Steel Kalinganagar has been included in Global Lighthouse Network of World Economic Forum.
- Global Lighthouse Network is a community of manufacturers showing leadership in Industrial Revolution technologies.
- Tata Steel Kalinganagar is the first and the only Indian manufacturing plant in Global Lighthouse Network of WEF.
- Tata Steel Kalinganagar is located in Jajpur district of Odisha.
1. Head of Cricket at National Cricket Academy
- BCCI appoints Rahul Dravid as Head of Cricket at National Cricket Academy.
- The National Cricket Academy located in Chinnaswamy Stadium Bengaluru, Karnataka in India. The NCA was the brainchild of cricket administrator and former BCCI President Raj Singh Dungarpur.
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India is the national governing body for cricket in India. The board was formed in December 1928 as a society, registered under the Tamil Nadu Societies Registration Act.
2. Commonwealth Chess Championship 2019
- Abhijeet Gupta has eon Men’s Commonwealth Chess Championship 2019.
- Taniya Sachdev has won Women’s Commonwealth Chess Championship 2019.
3. Croatia Grand Chess Tour Title
- Winner: Magnus Carlsen of Norway
- Viswanathan Anand of India finishes at 11th in Croatia Grand Chess Tour.