Daily Current Affairs 10 June 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This article, Daily Current Affairs 10 June 2017, includes all Major National, International, Business, and Sports events. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through this article, that is, Daily Current Affairs 10 June 2017, we would recommend to you to try 10 June 2017 Current affairs test.
1. Mandatory for Bengaluru malls, restaurants to provide drinking water free.
- Bengaluru’s civic body, Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike has issued a circular to all multiplexes, making it mandatory for them to ensure that customers have access to free drinking water on their premises.
- All eateries in Bengaluru including Malls, hotels and restaurants will have to provide free clean drinking water to all their customers.
- Civic body has also asked to display boards at strategic points, saying drinking water is available.
- Chief Minister of Karnataka – Siddaramaiah
2. ‘Selfie with Daughter’ Mobile App Launched.
- President Pranab Mukherjee launched ‘Selfie with Daughter’, a mobile application aimed at raising awareness about female foeticide and sex selection.
- The campaign was started by former sarpanch Sunil Jaglan in June 2015 at Bibipur village in Haryana’s Jind district.
- The aim of the campaign is to motivate society to feel proud to be parents of a girl child, which will result in improving child sex ratio.
- President Mukherjee asked people to take photographs with their daughters and upload them on the app to make the campaign a success.
3. SATH program launched by NITI Aayog.
- NITI Aayog has launched SATH, a program providing Sustainable Action for Transforming Human capital with State Government.
- It aims to identify and build three future ‘role model’ states for health systems.
- The program will be implemented by NITI along with McKinsey & Company and IPE Global consortium.
- The vision of the program is to initiate transformation in the education and health sectors.
- CEO of NITI Aayog – Amitabh Kant
4. First HR Round Table conference.
- Minister of Railways Suresh Prabhu inaugurated Indian Railways first HR Round Table Conference.
- It was carried out to review Human Resource policy of the railways as most often wrong people have been assigned with the wrong jobs.
- Indian Railways is the biggest civilian employer in the country spanning the length and breadth of the sub-continent within strength of over 13 lakh employees.
1. EU imposes new anti-dumping duties on China.
- European Union has imposed new anti-dumping duties on steel products from China, as it broadens its campaign to protect struggling steel manufacturers in Europe.
- EU has imposed duties of up to 35.9 per cent on Chinese hot-rolled flat steel used in shipbuilding, gas containers and energy pipelines.
- Duties have been imposed on China for allegedly flooding global markets in violation of international trade agreements.
- Headquarters of European Union – Brussels, Belgium
2. Oldest fossil mushroom discovered.
- The world’s oldest fossil mushroom dating back to about 115 million years has been discovered in Brazil.
- The mushroom has been named Gondwanagaricites magnificus and belongs to the Agaricales order.
- It is about five centimetres tall and has gills under its cap, rather than pores or teeth.
- In time, the mushroom was mineralised, its tissues replaced by mineral pyrite, which later transformed into the mineral goethite.
- Capital of Brazil – Brasília
1. Wipro declares Trump as potential threat to business.
- Indian IT major Wipro in its annual filing with the US Securities and Exchange Commission has mentioned US President Donald Trump as one of the potential threat to business.
- This is the first time an Indian IT company has openly pointed out a US President as being detrimental to their business.
- Wipro has 29 offices in North America, of which 22 are in the US.
- CEO of Wipro – Abidali Neemuchwala
2. Canara Bank inks pact with New India assurance.
- Canara Bank has inked pact with the New India Assurance to sell policies through its branches.
- The tie-up will offer personal products such as motor insurance, home insurance, health insurance besides commercial policy coverages like fire insurance, marine insurance.
- The partnership aims to provide best-in-class general insurance products to Canara Bank customers at highly competitive rates.
- CEO of Canara Bank – Rakesh Sharma
1. New events for Tokyo Olympics.
- International Olympic Committee has approved new events for the 2020 Tokyo Games, including a number of mixed-gender competitions.
- The decision will lead to a net increase of 15 events and the highest representation of female athletes in Olympic history.
- Mixed-gender events in athletics, swimming, table tennis and triathlon have also been approved.
- Tokyo will have five more sports than Rio, taking the total to 33.
- Introduction of freestyle BMX and the madison to the cycling programme make that sport the third largest at the Olympics in terms of medals.
- Headquarter of IOC – Lausanne, Switzerland
- Daily Current Affairs: June 1
- Daily Current Affairs: June 2
- Daily Current Affairs: June 3
- Daily Current Affairs: June 4
- Daily Current Affairs: June 5
- Daily Current Affairs: June 6
- Daily Current Affairs: June 7
- Daily Current Affairs: June 8
- Daily Current Affairs: June 9
- Daily Current Affairs: June 10
- Daily Current Affairs: June 11
- Daily Current Affairs: June 12
- Daily Current Affairs: June 13
- Daily Current Affairs: June 14
- Daily Current Affairs: June 15
- Daily Current Affairs: June 16
- Daily Current Affairs: June 17
- Daily Current Affairs: June 18
- Daily Current Affairs: June 19
- Daily Current Affairs: June 20
- Daily Current Affairs: June 21
- Daily Current Affairs: June 22
- Daily Current Affairs: June 23
- Daily Current Affairs: June 24
- Daily Current Affairs: June 25
- Daily Current Affairs: June 26
- Daily Current Affairs: June 27
- Daily Current Affairs: June 28
- Daily Current Affairs: June 29
- Daily Current Affairs: June 30