Daily Current Affairs 10 June 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 10 June 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 10 June 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 10 June 2018 Current affairs test.
1. National disaster risk index
- Delhi most vulnerable UT in India’s first disaster risk index.
- Maharashtra has topped the high risk states list.
2. Cabinet may decide on FAME II scheme in a month
- Union Cabinet may decide on the launch of the FAME India scheme’s phase II within a month.
- The full form of FAME India is Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Hybrid and Electric vehicles in India.
3. Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurates 2 CNG stations in Cuttack
- Union Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated two Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) stations in Cuttack district of Odisha.
- He also attended the 9th City Gas Distribution (CGD) bidding round programme.
1. China awards Putin its first ever “best friend” award
- Chinese President Xi Jinping gave visiting Russian President Vladimir Putin China’s first friendship medal, on a large gold coloured chain, calling him his best friend.
- The two the signed several agreements including a joint $1 billion industrial investment fund.
2. First joint military drills of Indian and Pakistan
- After conclusion of 18th SCO summit in Qingdao, India and Pakistan will take part in a joint military exercise for the first time.
- It will be conducted in Ural region of Russia and may act as a confidence-building measure or CBM between India and Pakistan.
3. USA has world’s most powerful supercomputer: “summit”
- The Department of Energy USA again has world’s most powerful supercomputer – Summit operating at max capacity, it can run at 200 petaflops — that’s 200 quadrillion calculations per second.
- Breaking the previous record holder’s record, which is China’s Sunway TaihuLight (which has a 93 petaflop capacity).
1. CSIR lab to give technology for India’s first indigenous Lithium Ion Battery project
- Central Electro Chemical Research Institute (CECRI),Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu under Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) and RAASI Solar Power Pvt Ltd has signed a Memorandum of Agreement for transfer of technology for India’s first Lithium Ion (Li-ion) Battery project in Bengaluru.
- An indigenous technology of Lithium-ion cells has been built by CSIR-CECRI headed by Dr Gopu Kumar.
2. Karur Vysya Bank ties up with Aditya Birla Health
- Private sector bank Karur Vysya Bank announced its tie up with Aditya Birla Health.
- Aditya Birla Health will be able to access millions of customers of KVB, especially in the Tier I, II and III centres.
3. UIDAI excludes Airtel Payments Bank from using full e-KYC via Aadhaar
- Airtel Payments Bank has been denied permission to use the UIDAI’s e-KYC facility due to wrong doing from the bank’s part.
- This would hamper bank’s competition and in achieving new customers and to provide facilities to its existing 10 million customers.
4. Industry expects close to 8% GDP growth over next two years: CII
- A report by Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) a growth close to 8% GDP in next 2 years is expected.
- Fiscal prudence, able macroeconomic management, and strong reforms would be the reasons for the growth.
1. Women’s Asia T20 Cup 2018 (cricket)
- Bangladesh defeated India by three wickets in the final and won their first Asia Cup title.
- Bangladesh has become the only other team to win the title apart from India.
2. Rafael Nadal defeats Dominic Thiem in French Open finals
- Rafael Nadal defeated Dominic Thiem 6-4, 6-3, 6-2 in the final and won his 11th French Open title.
- This victory has confirmed his world No 1 ranking for Rafael Nadal.
3. Simona Halep beats Sloane Stephens in final in French Open
- Simona Halep defeated Sloane Stephens 3-6, 6-4, 6-1 in the final and won the French Open 2018 title.
- Simona Halep has won her first Grand Slam title
4. Intercontinental Cup 2018 final India beat Kenya 2-0
- Sunil Chhetri’s brace helped India beat India Kenya 2-0 at the Mumbai Football Arena and lift the 2018 Intercontinental Cup.
- Sunil Chhetri draws level with Lionel Messi, joint second on highest active international goal scorers’ list.