Daily Current Affairs 10 March 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 10 March 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 10 March 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 10 March 2018 Current affairs test.
1.Suresh Prabhu gets additional charge of civil aviation
- Commerce and Industry Minister Suresh Prabhu has been given an additional charge of Civil Aviation Ministry.
- This comes after President Ram Nath Kovind accepted TDP’s Ashok Gajapathi Raju’s resignation from the post.
2. SC dismisses plea to make two-child policy mandatory
- The SC dismissed a plea seeking its direction to the Centre to ensure strict population control measures by making two-child policy mandatory across the country.
- The court denied it claiming that the Parliament has to decide the issue and not the court.
3. BJP and its allies now control 21 states
- The BJP and its allies form the ruling govts in 21 after forming at Tripura, Meghalaya and Nagaland.
- Congress’ power is now reduced is now reduced three states.
4. PM inaugurates the National Legislators Conference
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the National Legislators Conference digitally in the central hall of parliament house in New Delhi.Lok Sabha Speaker
Sumitra Mahajan has initiated this 2-day conference.
- The conference aims to provide a platform to lawmakers and legislators from across the country to share their experiences, to learn from each other’s success stories.
1. Will exempt our ally Australia from tariff : Trump
- Donald Trump said that the country was working on devising a security agreement to exempt its ally Australia from the tariffs imposed on steel and aluminium imports.
- The US had imposed a 25% and 10% tariff on steel and aluminium imports respectively.
2. India, Bangladesh declare part of border crime free for 1st time
- This comes after they worked on a joint initiative to crack down on human trafficking, drugs and firearms smuggling and terrorist activities in the area.
- The countries installed border surveillance devices to make the 8.3km long area crime free.
3. French president Emmanuel Macron arrives in India
- French Prez Emmanuel Macron said the two great democracies have a historic relationship.
- Macron and his wife Brigette were received by PM Modi, Prez Kovind and his wife.
4.Prince Charles Appoints Indian-Origin Steel Tycoon As UK Skills Ambassador
- Indian-origin steel tycoon Sanjeev Gupta has been appointed by Britain’s Prince Charles as an official ambassador for the Industrial Cadets programme designed to nurture manufacturing skills.
- Mr Gupta was appointed to the flagship programme to give children and young people direct structured experience of the industry while still at school or college.
1. Air India stake sale process on track : Jayant Sinha
- He refused to reveal details such as the likely percentage of stake sale.
- The airline has a debt of over Rs.50,000 cr.
2. Passport details made mandatory for loans above Rs.50 cr
3. RBI slaps fine on Airtel Payments Bank over KYC norms
4. Uber ropes in Virat Kohli as brand ambassador in India
- Uber India’s association with Virat Kohli will lay the foundation for a host of brand-led interventions in 2018.
- This is the first time the company has announced a brand ambassador in the Asia Pacific region.
1. Archer from Jharkhand wins gold at Asia Cup
- Gora Ho, a teenager from the tribal belt of Jharkhand, won the team recurve event gold at Asia Cup Archery Stage 1.
- He has won over 100 medals in the age-group state and national level tournaments.
2. England thrash NZ to claim ODI series
- England thrashed New Zealand by 7 wickets in the fifth ODI to claim the series 3-2.
- England will now take part in a two-match Test series against New Zealand.
3. Winter Paralympics in Pyeongchang officially begin
- The largest ever Winter Paralympics were officially opened in freezing conditions at the Olympic Stadium in Pyeongchang, South Korea.
- Forty-eight different nations, plus a neutral Paralympic athletes team consisting of Russian competitors, entered the stadium in -5C temperatures.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,10 March
- Daily Current Affairs: March 1
- Daily Current Affairs: March 2
- Daily Current Affairs: March 3
- Daily Current Affairs: March 4
- Daily Current Affairs: March 5
- Daily Current Affairs: March 6
- Daily Current Affairs: March 7
- Daily Current Affairs: March 8
- Daily Current Affairs: March 9
- Daily Current Affairs: March 10
- Daily Current Affairs: March 11