Daily Current Affairs 10 March 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 10 March 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 10 March 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 10 March 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Chennai Central Railway Station as MGR
- Chennai Central Railway Station will be renamed after former Tamil Nadu Chief Minister MG Ramachandran, popularly known as MGR.
- Marudur Gopalan Ramachandran, popularly known as M. G. R., was an Indian actor, filmmaker and politician who served as the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu for ten years between 1977 and 1987. He is a cultural icon in the state and is regarded as one of the most influential actors of the Tamil film industry.
2. Ban on the import of solid plastic waste
- Indian Government has imposed a complete ban on the import of solid plastic waste.
- It was partly banned as agencies in Special Economic Zones and Export Oriented Units were allowed to import solid plastic waste.
- This will help in sustainable development and ensures minimal impact on the environment.
3. National Immunisation Day
- National Immunisation Day was observed on 9th March.
- President Kovind has launched Pulse Polio programme for 2019 on National Immunisation Day.
4. 500th Passport Seva Kendra
- Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) has opened Ministry of External Affairs at Pratapgarh in Rajasthan.
- MEA with the Department of Posts had taken the initiative to open Passport Kendras at the head post offices/post offices in the country, to be known as ‘Post Office Passport Seva Kendras’ (POPSK).
1. New Prime Minister of Estonia
- Kaja Kallas was appointed as first female Prime Minister of Estonia.
- Estonia Capital: Tallinn || Currency: Euro
2. University for Peace
- Vice President of India Venkaiah Naidu was conferred with an Honorary Doctorate by University for Peace founded by the United Nations Organisations.
- The University for Peace (UPEACE) is an intergovernmental organization with university status, established by treaty at the United Nations General Assembly in 1980 and having its main campus in Costa Rica.
3. Ramesh Chandra to be nominated for FAO
- India has nominated Ramesh Chandra to head Food and Agricultural Organisation (FAO).
- The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger. Serving both developed and developing countries, FAO acts as a neutral forum where all nations meet as equals to negotiate arguments and debate policy.
- The only Indian to head the FAO is Binay Ranjan Sen (1956 to 1967).
4. 2018 Airport Service Quality Award by Airports Council International
- Biju Patnaik International Airport, Bhubaneswar has won 2018 Airport Service Quality (ASQ) award as the leading airport in size and region.
- Bijayananda Patnaik, popularly known as Biju Patnaik, was an Indian politician, aviator and businessman. As politician, he twice served as the Chief Minister of the State of Odisha.
- The ACI gives out the Airport Service Quality Awards (ASQ), based on passenger satisfaction ratings in the ASQ Survey, which is a global survey based on interviews with passengers on the day of travel. Along with the World Airport Awards by Skytrax, it is considered one of the most prestigious accolades in the industry.
1. Korea Exim Bank with Vizag Metro
- Korea Exim Bank has sanctioned a Rs 4100 crore loan for Visakhapatnam Metro Rail project.
- The Export–Import Bank of Korea, also commonly known as the Korea Exim bank, is the official export credit agency of South Korea.
2. French Space Agency CNES with ISRO
- French Space Agency CNES has signed an agreement with ISRO to set up a maritime surveillance centre for India.
- The National Centre for Space Studies is the French government space agency. Its headquarters are located in central Paris and it is under the supervision of the French Ministries of Defence and Research.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation is the space agency of the Government of India headquartered in the city of Bengaluru. Its vision is to “harness space technology for national development while pursuing space science research and planetary exploration.”
3. Kerala’s Marayoor Jaggery
- The Marayoor Jaggery from Idukki, Kerala has received Geographical Indication (GI) tag from the Central Government.
- The Marayoor Jaggery is dark brown in colour, high in sweetness and iron, with less sodium content and insoluble impurities.
4. New Finance Secretary
- Govt. has appointed Subhash Chandra Garg as Finance Secretary replacing Ajay Narayan Jha.
- The Finance Secretary is the Permanent Secretary-level civil servant, who plays a leadership role in the bureaucracy of the Finance Ministry, Government of India.
1. 28th Sultan Azlan Shah Cup
- The 2019 Sultan Azlan Shah Cup will be the 28th edition of the Sultan Azlan Shah Cup. It will be held in Ipoh, Malaysia from 23 until 30 March.
- It is an annual international men’s field hockey tournament held in Malaysia. It began in 1983 as a biennial contest. The tournament became an annual event after 1998, following its growth and popularity. The tournament is named after the ninth Yang di-Pertuan Agong (King) of Malaysia, Sultan Azlan Shah, an avid fan of field hockey.
- Manpreet Singh was named Captain of the 18-member Indian hockey team.
2. All India Carrom Federation
- Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports has granted recognition to All India Carrom Federation (AICF) as National Sport Federation.
- The All India Carrom Federation is India’s national sport federation for the indigenous game of carrom, sanctioning six to seven national-level tournaments per year. It is India’s representative body in the International Carrom Federation.
3. UEFA Champions League
- The 2019 UEFA Champions League Final will be played at the Wanda Metropolitano in Madrid, Spain on 1 June 2019.
- The UEFA Champions League is an annual club football competition organised by the Union of European Football Associations and contested by top-division European clubs.
- Daily Current Affairs: March 1
- Daily Current Affairs: March 2
- Daily Current Affairs: March 3
- Daily Current Affairs: March 4
- Daily Current Affairs: March 5
- Daily Current Affairs: March 6
- Daily Current Affairs: March 7
- Daily Current Affairs: March 8
- Daily Current Affairs: March 9
- Daily Current Affairs: March 10
- Daily Current Affairs: March 11
- Daily Current Affairs: March 12
- Daily Current Affairs: March 13
- Daily Current Affairs: March 14
- Daily Current Affairs: March 15
- Daily Current Affairs: March 16
- Daily Current Affairs: March 17
- Daily Current Affairs: March 18
- Daily Current Affairs: March 19
- Daily Current Affairs: March 20
- Daily Current Affairs: March 21
- Daily Current Affairs: March 22
- Daily Current Affairs: March 23
- Daily Current Affairs: March 24
- Daily Current Affairs: March 25
- Daily Current Affairs: March 26
- Daily Current Affairs: March 27
- Daily Current Affairs: March 28
- Daily Current Affairs: March 29
- Daily Current Affairs: March 30
- Daily Current Affairs: March 31