Daily Current Affairs 10 May 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 10 May 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 10 May 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 10 May 2018 Current affairs test.
1. President Kovind visits Siachen base camp
- He is the 2nd President to visit the Siachen base camp in Jammu & Kashmir.
- Earlier, President APJ Abdul Kalam visited in 2004.
2. Justice Chalameshwar doesn’t want to attend his farewell
- He has turned down SC Bar Association’s invite for his farewell.
- May 18 is his last working day after serving as SC judge since 2011.
3. Kerala to give incentives to surrendered Maoists
- The govt will provide a home and Rs.5 lakh to Maoists who surrender.
- The package will be monitored to avoid exploitation.
1. Pakistan grants rights to transgenders
- The Parliament has passed the bill granting fundamental rights to transgenders.
- The bill is pending approval by President Mamnoon Hussain.
2. Germany to allow refugees along with families
- The rule allows 1,000 close relatives of the refugees to come to Germany on humanitarian grounds.
- The refugees holding ‘subsidiary’ status are not granted indefinite stay.
3. Israel launches airstrikes against Iran
- This comes after Iranian forces stationed in Syria fired missiles targeted at Israel occupied territory.
- It is Israel’s most significant military action since the civil war started in 2011.
4. Ebola outbreak in Congo
- The Democratic Republic of Congo declared the outbreak in the northwestern part of the country.
- This is 9th outbreak of Ebola in Congo since 1976.
1. Flipkart employees to become millionaires
- This comes after Walmart acquired 77% stake in Flipkart.
- The deal boosted Flipkart’s Employee Stock Option Plan to $2bn.
2. Jet Airways-Jet Lite merger denied
- The Ministry of Civil Aviation has not given approval for the merger of its subsidiary Jet Lite with itself.
- Jet Lite was acquired from Sahara Group in 2007.
3. Glassdoor acquired for $1.2 bn
- It is acquired by Japanese company Recruit Holdings.
- Glassdoor has data on over 7.7 lakh companies in more than 190 countries.
1. MI defeat KKR
- Mumbai Indians registered 102-run victory over Kolkata Knight Riders.
- MI moved to the 4th position on the IPL table.
2. Real Madrid lose to Sevilla
- Real Madrid lost 2-3 to Sevilla in La Liga.
- Barcelona are just 2 games away from completing La Liga campaign.
- Daily Current Affairs: May 1
- Daily Current Affairs: May 2
- Daily Current Affairs: May 3
- Daily Current Affairs: May 4
- Daily Current Affairs: May 5
- Daily Current Affairs: May 6
- Daily Current Affairs: May 7
- Daily Current Affairs: May 8
- Daily Current Affairs: May 9
- Daily Current Affairs: May 10
- Daily Current Affairs: May 11
- Daily Current Affairs: May 12
- Daily Current Affairs: May 13
- Daily Current Affairs: May 14
- Daily Current Affairs: May 15