Daily Current Affairs 10 November 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 10 November 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 10 November 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 10 November 2018 Current affairs test.
1. First woman Secretary General of the Lok Sabha
- Snehlata Shrivastava is a 1982 batch retired IAS officer of the Madhya Pradesh cadre. On 1 December 2017, she is appointed as the first woman Secretary General of the Lok Sabha.
- Her tenure has been extended for one year.
2. Ban on Exit Poll
- Election Commission of India has banned on Exit Poll in General election to the Legislative Assemblies of Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Mizoram and Telangana, 2018.
- The enforcement comes under the powers under sub-section(1) of Section 126A of the Representation of the People Act, 1951 notified the period between 7.00 A.M. on 12.11.2018 and 5.30 P.M. on 07.12.2018.
3. National Legal Services Day
- National Legal Services Day was observed on November 9.
- Minister of Law and Justice – Ravi Shankar Prasad
4. Central Tribal University
- Govt. will setup The Central Tribal University in Andhra Pradesh.
- It will be set up in Relli village of Vizianagaram District of Andhra Pradesh after a necessary amendment in the Central Universities Act, 2009.
1. India with Morocco
- Cabinet has approved MOU between India and Morocco on Mutual Legal Assistance in Civil and Commercial Matters.
- King: Mohammed VI of Morocco || Capital: Rabat || Currency: Moroccan dirham
2. World Science Day for Peace and Development 2018
- World Science Day for Peace and Development 2018 was observed on Nov 10.
- Theme:- Science, a Human Right
3. Global Cooling Innovation Summit
- Global Cooling Innovation Summit will be inaugurated by Science and Technology Minister, Dr. Harsh Vardhan in New Delhi on 12th November 2018.
- The aim is to address the climate threat that comes from the growing demand from room air conditioners.
4. Exercise SIMBEX 18
- The 25th edition of SIMBEX Exercise is scheduled from 10th to 21st November 2018 between Singapore and India Navies.
- SIMBEX is an acronym for ‘Singapore-India Maritime Bilateral Exercise’.
1. World Food Programme with Alibaba Group
- United Nations World Food Programme and Alibaba Group (China) have signed an MOU to eliminate Global hunger by 2030.
- Alibaba Group Holding Limited is a Chinese multinational conglomerate specializing in e-commerce, retail, Internet, AI and technology.
2. Ola in New Zealand
- Ola has officially launched its operations in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch.
- Earlier it’s operations in Australia and the UK in January and August respectively.
- Ola Cabs, is an Indian origin online transportation network company developed by ANI Technologies Pvt. Ltd. As of April 2017, Ola was valued at $3 billion. Ola Cabs was founded on 3 December 2010 as an online cab aggregator in Mumbai, and is now based in Bangalore.
3. Dredging Corporation of India Limited (DCIL)
- Govt. has approved disinvestment of 100% Government of India’s shares in Dredging Corporation of India Limited (DCIL)
- This was done to consortium of four ports consists of Vishakhapatnam Port Trust (Andhra Pradesh), Paradeep Port Trust (Odisha), Jawahar Lal Nehru Port Trust (Maharashtra) and Kandla Port Trust (Gujarat).
4. Natvarya Prabhakar Panshikar Lifetime Achievement award
- Marathi actor Jayant Sawarkar will be awarded Natvarya Prabhakar Panshikar Lifetime Achievement award by Maharashtra government in the field of theatre.
- Sangeet Acharya Annasaheb Kirloskar Lifetime Achievement Award :- Tabla artist Vinayak Thorat.
1. Arunima Sinha to get honorary doctorate in UK
- Arunima Sinha (Mountain Climber) is the first Female amputee to climb Mount Everest.
- She was a national level volleyball player who was pushed from a running train by some robbers in 2011 while she was resisting them. As a result, one of her legs had to be amputated below the knee.
2. 34th National Junior Athletics Championships 2018
- 34th National Junior Athletics Championships 2018 was held at the Birsa Munda Athletics Stadium in Ranchi, Jharkhand.
- It was organised by Jharkhand Athletics Association under the guidance of Athletics Federation of India (AFI).
3. Men’s Hockey World Cup
- Hockey India has named the 18-member squad for the Odisha Hockey Men’s World Cup Bhubaneswar 2018 to begin on 28 November at the Kalinga Stadium.
- The team will be led by Manpreet Singh while the Vice-Captain is Chinglensana Singh Kangujam.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,10 November
- Daily Current Affairs: November 1
- Daily Current Affairs: November 2
- Daily Current Affairs: November 3
- Daily Current Affairs: November 4
- Daily Current Affairs: November 5
- Daily Current Affairs: November 6
- Daily Current Affairs: November 7
- Daily Current Affairs: November 8
- Daily Current Affairs: November 9
- Daily Current Affairs: November 10