Daily Current Affairs 10 September 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 10 September 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 10 September 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 10 September 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Mobile Science Museums Buses
- Ministry of Culture and Tourism has flagged off first-ever Mobile Science Exhibition buses for Ladakh Region in Leh.
- Union Minister of State for Culture and Tourism (Independent Charge): Shri Prahlad Singh Patel.
2. Book ‘Glorious Diaspora – Pride of India’
- Vice President Venkaiah Naidu has launched a book titled ‘Glorious Diaspora – Pride of India’
- The book contains the brief profiles of recipients of Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Awards (PBSA) from 2003 to 2019.
3. President Kovind on a 3-Nation tour
- President Kovind has embark on a 3-Nation tour to Iceland, Switzerland and Slovenia.
- Slovenia: Capital: Ljubljana || Currency: Euro
- Switzerland: Currency: Swiss franc || Capital: Bern
- Iceland: Capital: Reykjavík || Currency: Icelandic króna
4. Wildlife Institute of India
- Minister of Environment, Forest and climate change Prakash Javdekar has inaugurated the new building of Wildlife Institute of India in Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
- The Wildlife Institute of India is an autonomous institution under the Ministry of Environment Forest and Climate change, Government of India. Established in May 1982 in Dehradun.
1. World Suicide Prevention Day
- World Suicide Prevention Day is an awareness day observed on 10 September every year, in order to provide worldwide commitment and action to prevent suicides, with various activities around the world since 2003.
- Theme: ‘Working Together to Prevent Suicide’.
2. Breakthrough Prize
- The Event Horizon Telescope Team were felicitated with breakthrough Prize in Fundamental Physics.
- The Event Horizon Telescope Team consists of 347 scientists who produced the world’s first image of a black hole.
- Breakthrough Prize is known as the “Oscars of science”, with prize money $3 million.
- The Breakthrough Prize is a set of international awards bestowed in three categories by Breakthrough Prize Board in recognition of scientific advance. The awards are part of several “Breakthrough” initiatives founded and funded by Yuri Milner, along with Breakthrough Initiatives and Breakthrough Junior Challenge.
3. Robert Mugabe passes away
- Former Zimbabwe President Robert Mugabe has passed away.
- Robert Gabriel Mugabe was a Zimbabwean revolutionary and politician who served as prime minister of Zimbabwe from 1980 to 1987 and then as president from 1987 to 2017.
4. WHO South-East Asia Region
- World Health Organisation South-East Asia Region have resolved to eliminate measles and rubella by 2023.
- The resolution was taken at the 72nd session of the WHO Regional Committee for South-East Asia in Delhi.
- Regional Director of WHO South-East Asia: Poonam Khetrapal Singh.
5. International Literacy Day
- 8 September was declared international literacy day by UNESCO on 26 October 1966 at 14th session of UNESCO’s General conference.
- It was celebrated for the first time in 1967. Its aim is to highlight the importance of literacy to individuals, communities and societies. Celebrations take place in several countries.
- Theme: ‘ Literacy and Multilingualism’.
1. Microsoft with CBSE
- Microsoft India and Central Board of Secondary Education have partnered to build AI learning for schools.
- CBSE: Founded: 2011 || Headquarters location: New Delhi || Parent organisation: Ministry of Human Resource Development
- Chairperson of CBSE: Anita Karwal.
2. Multi Commodity Exchange of India with Zhengzhou Commodity Exchange
- Multi Commodity Exchange of India (MCX) and Zhengzhou Commodity Exchange (ZCE) have signed an MoU for co-operation and exchange of information.
- Multi Commodity Exchange of India Ltd is an independent commodity exchange based in India. It was established in 2003 and is based in Mumbai.
- MCX: CEO: Mr. P.S. Reddy || Chairperson: Mr. Saurabh Chandra || Headquarters: Mumbai
- Zhengzhou Commodity Exchange, established in 1990, is a futures exchange in Zhengzhou, one of the four futures exchanges in China. The ZCE is under the vertical management of China Securities Regulatory Commission.
3. India Pavilion at TIFF
- High Commissioner of India to Canada Vikas Swarup has inaugurated India Pavilion at the 44th Toronto International Film Festival 2019.
- Canada: Capital: Ottawa || Currency: Canadian dollar || Prime Minister: Justin Trudeau
4. Equitas Small Finance Bank
- RBI has barred Equitas Small Finance Bank from opening new branches after it missed the deadline to get its shares listed.
- Equitas Small Finance Bank is a small finance bank founded in 2007 by Equitas as a microfinance lender, with headquarters in Chennai, India.
- Headquarters location: Chennai || Vasudevan PN (MD & CEO)
1. Abdul Qadir passes away
- Pakistan’s leg-spinner Abdul Qadir has passed away.
- Abdul Qadir Khan was an international cricketer who bowled leg spin for Pakistan.
2. Samuel Eto’o retires
- Former Barcelona and Cameroon striker Samuel Eto’o has announced retirement from all forms of football.
- Futbol Club Barcelona is a Spanish professional football club based in Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain.