Daily Current Affairs 10th 11th May 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 10th 11th May 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 10th 11th May 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 10th 11th May 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Jharkhand bans Pan Masala
- Jharkhand Government has banned Pan Masala for one year in the state.
- Jharkhand: Chief Minister: Hemant Soren || Governor: Droupadi Murmu.
1. Mission Sagar
- India has launched Mission Sagar to assist island nations in Eastern Indian Ocean.
- Indian Naval Ship Kesari has departed for Maldives, Mauritius, Seychelles, Madagascar and Comoros to provide relief packages.
1. Investment in Jio
- Vista Equity Partners will invest Rs 11367 crore in Jio Platforms for a 2.32% stake.
- Silver Lake had invested $5.7 billion for a 9.99% stake.
- Facebook had invested $747 million for a 1.15% stake.
1. Prince Harry-Meghan Markle’s Biography
- Prince Harry-Meghan Markle’s biography ‘Finding Freedom’ will be published in August.
- The wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle was held on 19 May 2018 in St George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle in the United Kingdom. The groom, Prince Harry, is a member of the British royal family; the bride, Meghan Markle, is American and previously worked as an actress.
1. World Migratory Bird Day
- World Migratory Bird Day observed on May 9 every year is celebrated to raise awareness about conservation and ecological importance of Migratory birds in the global ecosystem.
- Theme: ‘Birds Connect Our World’.
2. National Technology Day
- National Technology Day observed on May 11.
- National Technology Day is a significant milestone in the history of India’s technological innovations as India successfully tested nuclear bombs in Pokhran on May 11, 1998 and is commemorated every year by honouring the architects of such innovations.
Agreements and MoUs
1. India Post with ICMR
- ICMR has partnered with India Post for delivery of COVID-19 testing kits.
- Director-General of ICMR: Balram Bhargava || Headquarters of ICMR: New Delhi.
2. Art Of Living with Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India
- Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED) and Art Of Living has signed an MoU to collaborate for promoting Tribal Enterprises.
- Minister of Tribal Affairs: Arjun Munda.
3. Ministry of Defence with TATA Power
- Ministry of Defence has drafted a pact with TATA Power to modernize 37 airfields of Indian Air Force.
- TATA Power president: Natarajan Chandrasekaran || HQ: Mumbai.
4. Coal India with Russian Government
- Coal India has signed a MoUs with Russia for coking coal.
- Headquarters of Coal India: Kolkata || CEO of Coal India: Anil Kumar Jha.
1. President of Marylebone Cricket Club
- Former Sri Lanka Captain Kumar Sangakkara is set to serve his second term as the President of Marylebone Cricket Club.
- Marylebone Cricket Club is a cricket club founded in 1787 and based since 1814 at Lord’s Cricket Ground, which it owns, in St John’s Wood, London. The club was formerly the governing body of cricket in England, Scotland and Wales, and still holds considerable global influence.
2. President of the International Hockey Federation
- Narinder Batra retains as President of the International Hockey Federation (FIH) until May 2021.
- FIH : Headquarters- Lausanne, Switzerland