Daily Current Affairs 10th 11th July 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 10th 11th July 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 10th 11th July 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 10th 11th July 2020 Current affairs test.
1. India Global Week 2020
- India Global Week 2020 has been concluded, was organised by India Inc, a UK based media group.
- Theme: ‘Be the Revival: India and the Better New World’.
2. Rs 1 Lakh Crore Fund for Agriculture Infrastructure
- Government of India has approved Rs 1 Lakh Crore Fund for Agriculture Infrastructure for a medium to long term debt financing facility.
- It was announced by Union Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar.
1. India-EU summit
- The 15th summit between India and European Union will be held via video conference
- European Union will be represented by Charles Michel President of European Council and Ursula von der Leyen, President of the European Commission.
2. Asia’s largest Solar Energy Project
- PM Modi has inaugurated Asia’s largest Solar Energy Project in Rewa, Madhya Pradesh.
- Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Limited (RUMSL) is a Joint Venture of Solar Energy Corporation of India and Madhya Pradesh Urja Vikas Nigam Limited.
1. SBI to invest in Yes Bank
- State Bank of India will invest up to 1760 crore in Yes Bank.
- SBI: Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar || Headquarters: Mumbai
- Yes Bank: CEO: Prashant Kumar || Headquarters: Mumbai
1. BSE with LIC Mutual Funds
- BSE has now partnered with LIC Mutual Fund to power BSE eKYC services.
- BSE: HQ: Mumbai || Chairman: Vikramajit Sen || MD & CEO: Ashishkumar Chauhan
- LIC Mutual Fund: HQ: Mumbai || Chairman: VK Chopra
2.Indian Pandemic Risk Pool
- Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India has formed a working group to examine the feasibility of Pandemic Risk Pool headed by Suresh Mathur, Executive Director, Irdai.
- IRDAI: Headquarters: Hyderabad || Chairperson: Subhash Chandra Khuntia
1. Book ‘If It Bleeds’
- Book ‘If It Bleeds’ is authored by Stephen King to be out in July.
- Stephen Edwin King is an American author of horror, supernatural fiction, suspense, crime, science-fiction, and fantasy novels. His books have sold more than 350 million copies, and many have been adapted into films, television series, miniseries, and comic books.
Science and Technology News
1. IIT-Hyderabad with NVIDIA
- Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad in collaboration with NVIDIA to establish India’s first NVIDIA AI Technology Center (NVAITC).
- Nvidia Corporation, is an American multinational technology company incorporated in Delaware and based in Santa Clara, California. It designs graphics processing units for the gaming and professional markets, as well as system on a chip units for the mobile computing and automotive market.
- CEO: Jensen Huang || Headquarters: Santa Clara, California
1. Chairperson of National Company Law Appellate Tribunal
- Bansi Lal Bhat has been re-appointed as the chairperson of NCLAT.
- The National Company Law Appellate Tribunal is a tribunal which was formed by the Central Government of India under Section 410 of the Companies Act, 2013. The tribunal is responsible for hearing appeals from the orders of National Company Law Tribunal, starting on 1 June 2016.
2. Ambassador for Toronto International Film Festival
- Priyanka Chopra has been chosen as Ambassador for Toronto International Film Festival
- Toronto, the capital of the province of Ontario, is a major Canadian city along Lake Ontario’s northwestern shore.
1. World Population Day
- World Population Day is an annual event, observed on July 11 every year, which seeks to raise awareness of global population issues.
- The event was established by the Governing Council of the United Nations Development Programme in 1989.
1. Jagdeep passes away
- Bollywood actor-comedian Jagdeep has passed away.
- Syed Ishtiaq Ahmed Jaffrey, better known by his stage name Jagdeep, was an Indian film actor and comedian who appeared in more than 400 films.
Agreements and MoUs
1. CBDT with SEBI
- Central Board of Direct Taxes and Securities and Exchange Board of India have signed MoU for data exchange.
- CBDT: HeadQuarters: New Delhi || Chairman: Pramod Chandra Mody
- SEBI: Headquarters: Mumbai || Chairperson: Ajay Tyagi
1. BCCI CEO steps down
- Rahul Johri has stepped down as BCCI CEO.
- BCCI: President: Sourav Ganguly || Women’s coach: WV Raman || Men’s coach: Ravi Shastri || Secretary: Jay Shah || Headquarters: Mumbai