Daily Current Affairs 10th April 2023: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 10th April 2023. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 10th April 2023. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 10th April 2023 Current affairs test.
Honours & Awards
1. C R Rao to Receive 2023 International Prize in Statistics
- Calyampudi Radhakrishna Rao, a distinguished Indian-American mathematician and statistician aged 102, is set to be honored with the 2023 International Prize in Statistics in July 2023.
- Rao is being recognized for his groundbreaking work from 75 years ago, which fundamentally transformed the field of statistics.
- He currently holds the position of professor emeritus at Pennsylvania State University and Research Professor at the University at Buffalo.
- The prize comes with an award of $80,000 and is presented every two years to an individual or a team.
2. India’s Tiger Population Surpasses 3,000
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has unveiled the latest data on India’s tiger population, indicating an increase to 3,167 from 2,967 in 2018, marking a rise of 200 tigers in four years.
- The report highlights a notable decline in tiger numbers in the Western Ghats, dropping from 981 in 2018 to 824 in 2022.
- Additionally, the Sundarbans region is facing threats from climate change and rising sea levels.
- India is home to approximately 75% of the global tiger population residing in its forests.
Appointment and Resignation
3. Subby Subramaniam Appointed as Warrant Officer in UK’s Royal Air Force (RAF)
- Indian-origin individual Subby Subramaniam has been designated as a Warrant Officer in the Royal Air Force of the United Kingdom.
- He takes over from Warrant Officer Jake Alpert and will assume the role of advising the Chief of the Air Staff on matters related to RAF airmen and airwomen.
- Subramaniam previously served as the inaugural Command Warrant Officer of the United Kingdom Space Command in 2021, showcasing his experience and capabilities in his new position.
- Indian American Richard Verma appointed as Deputy Secretary of State, Management and Resources in the USA.
- Dr. Sheenu Jhawar becomes the first Woman President of Indus Entrepreneurs (TiE) Rajasthan.
- Amit Kshatriya appointed as the first Head of NASA’s ‘Moon To Mars’ Programme.
- Manmeet Colon, an Indian-origin Sikh woman, becomes the first Assistant Police Chief in Connecticut, USA.
- Colonel Geeta Rana becomes the first woman officer to command Electronics and Mechanical Engineers (EME).
4. Joint Military Exercise ‘Ex KAVACH’ Concludes in Andaman and Nicobar Command
- The Andaman and Nicobar Command (ANC) recently conducted a comprehensive joint military exercise called ‘Ex Kavach,’ involving the participation of the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Coast Guard.
- This extensive joint exercise included units such as the ‘Shatrujeet Brigade’ of the Army, Armed Forces Special Operations Division (AFSOD), Special Forces of the Navy, and Amphibious troops from the Andaman and Nicobar Command.
- ‘Ex Kavach’ was designed to enhance the joint warfare capabilities and standard operating procedures (SOPs) of the Armed Forces, promoting interoperability and operational synergy among them.
- Cope India Exercise held between India and the USA at Kalaikunda Airbase, West Bengal.
- Konkan Exercise conducted between India and the UK in the Arabian Sea.
- AFINDEX 2023 Exercise took place between African and Indian forces in Pune.
- 3rd Sea Dragon Exercise was carried out between India and the USA in Guam, USA.
- The 13th Bold Kurukshetra Exercise was conducted between India and Singapore at Jodhpur Military Station.
5. David Warner Achieves IPL Milestone
- During a match against Rajasthan Royals at the Barsapara Stadium in Guwahati, Delhi Capitals’ captain David Warner became the fastest batsman to reach 6000 runs in the Indian Premier League (IPL).
- He joins the ranks of Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan as only the third player to surpass the 6000-run mark in the IPL.
- Warner reached this milestone with a boundary.
6. World Homeopathy Day Observed on April 10
- Every year on April 10th, World Homeopathy Day is celebrated to honor the birth anniversary of Dr. Samuel Hahnemann, the founder of homeopathy.
- The objective is to raise awareness about the efficacy of homeopathy in treating various health conditions and promote its use as a safe and natural alternative to conventional medicine.
- The theme for 2023 is ‘One Health, One Family.’
- Dr. Samuel Hahnemann, born on April 10, 1755, in Paris, is renowned as the founder of homeopathy, which operates on the principle of “like cures like.”
- This year marks the 268th birth anniversary of Dr. Samuel Hahnemann.