Daily Current Affairs 10th June 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 10th June 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 10th June 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 10th June 2020 Current affairs test.
1. State Anthem of Odisha
- Odisha Government has given state anthem status to ‘Bande Utkala Janani’.
- ‘Bande Utklala Janani’ means Glory to mother Utkala.
- Odisha: Chief Minister: Naveen Patnaik || Governor: Ganeshi Lal.
- The anthem has been written by Kantakabi Laxmikanta Mohapatra in 1912.
2. Raj Kaushal Portal
- Rajasthan Government has launched ‘Raj Kaushal Portal’ and ‘Online Shramik Employment Exchange’.
- It has been developed by the department of Information and Technology and Rajasthan Skill & Livelihoods Development Corporation.
3. Plant Health Clinic
- Manipur Chief Minister N. Biren Singh has inaugurated ‘Plant Health Clinic’.
- Aim: To boost the economic growth of Manipur through agriculture and horticulture.
- Governor of Manipur: Najma Heptulla.
4. Turant Customs
- Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) has launched ‘Turant Customs Programme.
- The Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs is the nodal national agency responsible for administering Customs, GST, Central Excise, Service Tax & Narcotics in India.
- Aim: For faster Customs clearance of imported goods.
- Chairman of Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs: M. Ajit Kumar.
1. New Zealand is COVID-19 free
- New Zealand has declared itself free from ‘Coronavirus’.
- New Zealand: Prime Minister : Jacinda Ardern || Capital of New Zealand: Wellington.
1. Series of eight investments in Jio
- 1. Facebook
- 2. Private equity firm Silver Lake Partners
- 3. Vista Equity Partners
- 4. General Atlantic
- 5. KKR
- 6. Silver Lake Partners for the second time
- 7. Mubadala
- 8. Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA)
- Abu Dhabi Investment Authority will invest Rs 5683.50 crore for a 1.16 percent stake in Jio Platforms.
Science and Technology News
1. COVID BEEP App
- Union Minister Jitendra Singh has launched ‘COVID BEEP App.
- ‘COVID BEEP App’ is India’s first indigenous wireless physiological parameters monitoring system facilitated for COVID-19 patients.
- ‘COVID BEEP’ means ‘Continuous Oxygenation & Vital Information Detection Biomed ECIL ESIC Pod’.
- It has developed by ESIC medical college, Hyderabad with IIT Hyderabad and the Department of Atomic Energy.
1. Google Cloud India Senior Director
- Google Cloud India has appointed Anil Valluri as its senior director.
- Google Cloud Platform, offered by Google, is a suite of cloud computing services that runs on the same infrastructure that Google uses internally for its end-user products, such as Google Search, Gmail and YouTube.
- Google Cloud India Managing Director- Karan Bajwa
1. World Accreditation Day
- June 9th 2020 marks World Accreditation Day which is a global initiative established by ILAC and IAF to promote the value of accreditation.
- Accreditation is the act of granting credit or recognition, especially to an educational institution that maintains suitable standards. Accreditation is necessary to any person or institution in education that needs to prove that they meet a general standard of quality.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. Environmental Performance Index 2020
- India has been 168 rank in the 12th edition of the Environment Performance Index among 180 countries.
- Environmental Performance Index 2020 has been released by Yale University and Columbia University.
- Top Three:
- 1. Denmark
- 2. Luxembourg
- 3. Switzerland