Daily Current Affairs 11th 12th April 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 11th 12th April 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 11th 12th April 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 11th 12th April 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Operation SHIELD
- Delhi Government has launched the ‘Operation SHIELD’ to curb the spread of COVID-19.
- Lieutenant Governor of Delhi: Anil Baijal.
2. Bharat Padhe Online
- Human Resource Development Ministry has launched ‘Bharat Padhe Online’ campaign.
- The aim is the Crowd Sourcing of Ideas in order to improve the online education ecosystem of India.
- Minister for Human Resource Development: Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’.
1. ADB assures support package to India
- Asian Development Bank has assured $2.2 billion support package to India in its fight against the Covid-19.
- Asian Development Bank: Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines || President: MasatsuguAsakawa || Founded: 19 December 1966
1. ‘DigiGen’ digital banking platform
- Jana Small Finance Bank has launched ‘DigiGen’ digital banking platform.
- MD and CEO of Jana Small Finance Bank: Ajay Kanwal.
2. People’s Bank of China with HDFC Bank
- China’s central bank People’s Bank of China has raised its stake in Housing Development Finance Corp (HDFC) to over 1%.
- The People’s Bank of China is the central bank of the People’s Republic of China responsible for carrying out monetary policy and regulation of financial institutions in mainland China, as determined by People’s Bank Law and Commercial Bank Law.
1. ICICI Lombard with Flipkart
- Flipkart in partnership with ICICI Lombard to offer health plan for Covid-19.
- Flipkart Private Limited, d/b/a Flipkart is an Indian e-commerce company based in Bengaluru, India. It was founded by Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal in 2007.
- Founded: October 2007 || CEO: Kalyan Krishnamurthy || Founders: Sachin Bansal, Binny Bansal
2. DBS revises India’s GDP estimate
- DBS has revised India’s GDP estimate to 1.5% for FY21.
- DBS bank: CEO: Piyush Gupta || Headquarters: Singapore
1. Book ‘The Art of Her Deal: The Untold Story of Melania Trump’
- Pulitzer prize winner Mary Jordan has written a Book titled ‘The Art of Her Deal: The Untold Story of Melania Trump’ on Melania Trump.
- Pulitzer prize winner Mary Jordan is an American reporter for The Washington Post.
- The Pulitzer Prize is an award for achievements in newspaper, magazine and online journalism, literature, and musical composition in the United States.
2. Book ‘The Wizenard Series: Season One’
- American basketball player Kobe Bryant’s latest book, The Wizenard Series: Season One, was given a posthumous release.
- Bryant collaborated with author Wesley King.
Science and Technology News
1. New virtual Braille Keyboard
- Google has launched a virtual Braille keyboard for Android users.
- Google CEO: SundarPichai || Headquarters: California, USA.
1. New MD and CEO of IFFCO Tokio General Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio General Insurance has appointed Anamika Roy Rashtrawar as its MD & CEO.
- IFFCO Tokio General Insurance is a joint venture between Indian Farmers Fertilizer Co-operative (IFFCO) and Tokio Marine Group.
- Headquarters: Gurugram
1. National Safe Motherhood day
- The National Safe Motherhood day is observed on April 11 every year.
- National Safe Motherhood Day is an initiative of the White Ribbon Alliance India (WRAI).
2. International Day of Human Space Flight
- The International Day of Human Space Flight is the annual celebration, held on April 12, of the anniversary of the first human space flight by Yuri Gagarin.
- It was proclaimed at the 65th session of the United Nations General Assembly on April 7, 2011, a few days before the 50th anniversary of the flight.
3. National Pet Day
- National Pet Day is observed on April 11.
- National Pet Day was founded by Colleen Paige – an Animal Welfare Advocate and Pet Lifestyle Expert – in 2006.
1. John Prine passes away
- American folk singer John Prine has passed away.
- John Prine was an American country folk singer-songwriter. He was active as a composer, recording artist, and live performer from the early 1970s until his death and was known for an often humorous style of original music that has elements of protest and social commentary.
1. FIFA’s Ranking
- 1. Belgium
- 2. France
- 3. Brazil
- Team India has retained its 108th spot in the latest FIFA rankings.