Daily Current Affairs 11 March 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 11 March 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 11 March 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 11 March 2019 Current affairs test.
1. 17th Lok Sabha elections
- The Indian General Elections, 2019 is scheduled to be held in 7 phases from 11 April 2019 to 19 May 2019 to constitute the 17th Lok Sabha.
- The 543 elected MPs will be elected from single-member constituencies using first-past-the-post voting. The President of India nominates an additional two members from the Anglo-Indian community.
- Chief Election Commissioner : Sunil Arora
2. Yuvashree Arpan Scheme
- West Bengal Govt. has launched Yuvashree Arpan scheme for financially assisting young entrepreneurs.
- 50000 youths will receive financial assistance of Rs 1 lakh for setting up an their own business.
3. Padma Awards
- Padma Vibhushan
- Teejan Bai (Art-Vocals-Folk)
- Ismail Omar Guelleh (Public Affairs) Djibouti Country
- Anilkumar Manibhai Naik (Trade & Industry-Infrastructur
- Balwant Moreshwar Purandare (Art-Acting-Theatre)
- Padma Bhushan (Some Imp Ones)
- The Centre announced 14 recipients for the Padma Bhushan, including former Indian Space Research Organisation scientist Nambi Narayanan, former Lok Sabha Deputy Speaker Kariya Munda, actor Mohanlal, mountaineer Bachendri Pal and Lok Sabha MP Hukmdev Narayan Yadav.
- Kuldip Nayar (Posthumous) for Literature & Education (Journalism)
- Mohanlal Viswanathan Nair (Art-Acting-Film)
- Budhaditya Mukherjee (Art-Music-Sitar)
- Pravin Gordhan (Foreigner) for Public Affairs
- Bachendri Pal (Sports-Mountaineering)
- Padma Shri
- The Padma Shri will be given to 94 people, including actor Manoj Bajpayee, footballer Sunil Chhetri, choreographer and director Prabhu Deva, cricketer Gautam Gambhir, singer Shankar Mahadevan and freestyle wrestler Bajrang Punia. Actor Kader Khan will be awarded the Padma Shri posthumously.
4. Chameli Devi Jain Award
- BBC Journalist Priyanka Dubey won the Chameli Devi Jain Award 2018 as outstanding women journalist.
- Chameli Devi Jain (a freedom fighter) Award has been awarded to women journalist for upholding standards of excellence. It is India’s longest running media award for women.
1. Chief Scientist at WHO
- Soumya Swaminathan has been appointed as the Chief Scientist of the World Health Organisation.
- She is currently a Deputy Director-General of the World Health Organisation (WHO)
- The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations that is concerned with international public health. It was established on 7 April 1948, and is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland. The WHO is a member of the United Nations Development Group.
2. World’s Oldest Living Person
- Kane Tanaka of Japan was honoured as the world’s oldest living person by Guinness World Records.
- She is a 116-year-old Japanese woman born on January 2, 1903.
3. Indo-Pacific Regional Dialogue – 2019
- The 2nd edition of Indo-Pacific Regional Dialogue (IPRD) – 2019 was held in Manekshaw Centre, New Delhi.
- The aim is on involving the global strategic community in reviewing India’s opportunities and challenges in the Indo-Pacific region.
4. India’s Ambassador to Mexico
- Manpreet Vohra has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Mexico.
- Mexico :- Capital – Mexico City || Currency – Mexican peso || President – Andrés Manuel López Obrador
1. Golden Peacock Innovative Product Award – 2019
- ACKO General Insurance was awarded Golden Peacock Innovative Product Award – 2019 for its contextual micro insurance product –’Ola Ride Insurance’.
- Golden Peacock Awards, instituted by Institute of Directors in 1991, are now regarded as Holy Grail of Corporate Excellence Worldwide.
- Acko General Insurance is a private sector general insurance company in India. Founded in November 2016, the company received its license from the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India in September 2017.
2. Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India with National Health Authority
- IRDAI and NHA have formed a joint working group for more effective implementation of Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY).
- The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India is an autonomous, statutory body tasked with regulating and promoting the insurance and re-insurance industries in India.
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana or Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY) or National Health Protection Scheme is a centrally sponsored scheme launched in 2018, under the Ayushman Bharat Mission of MoHFW in India. The scheme aims at making interventions in primary, secondary and tertiary care systems, covering both preventive and promoted health, to address healthcare holistically.
- It is an umbrella of two major health initiatives namely, Health and Wellness centres and National Health Protection Scheme (NHPS).
- Indu Bhushan is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Dr Dinesh Arora as the Deputy CEO of Ayushman Bharat Yojana.
3. Income Tax Exemption limit for Gratuity
- Labour Ministry has decided to double the income tax exemption to Rs 20 lakh from Rs 10 lakh for gratuity.
- Gratuity is a benefit received by an employee for services rendered to an organisation. For companies covered under the Gratuity Act, this benefit is paid when an employee completes five or more years of service with the employer. An employee gets gratuity when he/she resigns, retires or is laid off.
4. Infosys with Rolls-Royce
- Carmaker Rolls-Royce has selected Infosys as a strategic long-term partner for engineering and digital services.
- Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Limited is a British luxury automobile maker. A wholly owned subsidiary of German group BMW, it was established in 1998 after BMW was licensed the rights to the Rolls-Royce brand name and logo.
1. 2019 Southeast Asian Games
- The 2019 Southeast Asian Games, officially known as the 30th Southeast Asian Games or 2019 SEA Games and commonly known as Philippines 2019 will be the 30th edition of the Southeast Asian Games.
- It is a biennial regional multi-sport event which will be hosted by the Philippines from 30 November to 11 December 2019.
2. 2019 South Asian Games
- The 2019 South Asian Games (SAG), officially the XIII South Asian Games, is a major multi-sport event will be held in September 2019.
- The governing body of these games is South Asia Olympic Council (SAOC), formed in 1983. At present, SAG are joined by eight members namely Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, the Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka.
3. 2019 FIBA Basketball World Cup
- The 2019 FIBA Basketball World Cup will be the 18th tournament of the FIBA Basketball World Cup for men’s national basketball teams.
- The tournament will be hosted in China and it will mark a new era for the competition as described.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,11 March
- Daily Current Affairs: March 1
- Daily Current Affairs: March 2
- Daily Current Affairs: March 3
- Daily Current Affairs: March 4
- Daily Current Affairs: March 5
- Daily Current Affairs: March 6
- Daily Current Affairs: March 7
- Daily Current Affairs: March 8
- Daily Current Affairs: March 9
- Daily Current Affairs: March 10
- Daily Current Affairs: March 11
- Daily Current Affairs: March 12
- Daily Current Affairs: March 13
- Daily Current Affairs: March 14
- Daily Current Affairs: March 15
- Daily Current Affairs: March 16
- Daily Current Affairs: March 17
- Daily Current Affairs: March 18
- Daily Current Affairs: March 19
- Daily Current Affairs: March 20
- Daily Current Affairs: March 21
- Daily Current Affairs: March 22
- Daily Current Affairs: March 23
- Daily Current Affairs: March 24
- Daily Current Affairs: March 25
- Daily Current Affairs: March 26
- Daily Current Affairs: March 27
- Daily Current Affairs: March 28
- Daily Current Affairs: March 29
- Daily Current Affairs: March 30
- Daily Current Affairs: March 31