Daily Current Affairs 11 April 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 11 April 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 11 April 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 11 April 2018 Current affairs test.
1. BJP richest party in demonetisation year
- BJP had an income of Rs.1,034 cr in FY 2016-17.
- Congress reported 2nd with Rs.225 cr while CPI reported lowest with Rs.2.08 cr.
2. Bengaluru couple makes eco-friendly alternative to plastic bags
- The bags are made of newspaper and all-purpose flour.
- The duo has also started a social enterprise called ‘greenBUG’ and reached out to underprivileged women through an NGO.
3. DefExpo India begins in Tamil Nadu
- The 10th edition of the defence expo was formally inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Over 700 exhibitors from over 50 countries are participating in the Defence Expo.
4. Tribal students from Maharashtra to scale Mt.Everest
- The 10 students will leave for the 60-day mission on Thursday.
- The aim of the project is to tap the potential and promote talent in various fields among tribal youth.
1. China files trade complaint against US at WTO
- China has filed the complaint over tariffs imposed on imports of steel and aluminium products.
- It stated that the US failed to administer its regulations in a uniform and impartial manner.
2. India signs MoU with World EXPO 2020 Dubai
- India’s pavilion in the prestigious World Expo held once in 5 years has been confirmed.
- It will be set up in the ‘Opportunity’ segment.
3. Singapore and China signed MoU along Belt and Road initiative
- This is to promote greater collaboration between Singapore and Chinese companies in third-party markets along the Belt and Road.
- MTI, NDRC and Enterprise Singapore will form a working group to identify sectors and markets of mutual interest, and organise business matching activities.
4. Over 100 people killed as military plane crashes in Algeria
- The crash occurred in Boufarik, 30 km from the capital Algiers.
- Boufarik Airport is the home base for the Air Transport fleet of the Algerian Air Force.
1. Manipal Hospitals raises bid for Fortis hospital business
- The revised offer pegs Fortis hospitals’ equity valuation about 21% higher at Rs.6,061 cr.
- This would be India’s largest hospital chain by revenue.
2. Kochhars had links with Videocon group since at least 2001
- Chanda Kochhar and 6 family members held 2% in Credential Finance in 2001, along with Videocon group that held 17.74%.
- Kochhar, who took over as CEO in 2009, had sold or transferred her shares before 2010.
3. Global debt rose to record $237 tn last year
- This is more than three times the size of the global economy.
- The United Nations calculates the world population at 7.6 bn, suggesting that the world’s per capita debt is nearly $31,200.
4. Axis Bank adds Rs.7,200 cr in market cap after CEO’s tenure cut
- The bank’s shares surged over 5.4% and it now has a valuation of about Rs.1.41 tn.
- The bank’s non-performing assets had surged by over 300% in past three years under Sharma’s leadership.
1. All 5 Indian shuttlers reach singles last 16 at CWG
- Saina Nehwal defeated Elsie De Villiers while PV Sindhu won against Andra Whiteside.
- HS Prannoy and Kidambi Srikanth also registered wins in their respective men’s single matches.
2.Mary Kom assured of Silver medal on Commonwealth Games debut
- Kom defeated Anusha Dilrukshi in the semis.
- She will face Northern Ireland’s Kristina O’Hara in the final.
3. Happy homecoming for Chennai Super Kings
- Chennai Super Kings recorded a thrilling five-wicket win over Kolkata Knight Riders in their first home game in the Indian Premier League since 2015
- Chennai have now won 96 matches in T20 cricket, the 2nd most by any team.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,11 April
- Daily Current Affairs: April 1
- Daily Current Affairs: April 2
- Daily Current Affairs: April 3
- Daily Current Affairs: April 4
- Daily Current Affairs: April 5
- Daily Current Affairs: April 6
- Daily Current Affairs: April 7
- Daily Current Affairs: April 8
- Daily Current Affairs: April 9
- Daily Current Affairs: April 10
- Daily Current Affairs: April 11
- Daily Current Affairs: April 12
- Daily Current Affairs: April 13