Daily Current Affairs 11 April 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 11 April 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 11 April 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 11 April 2019 Current affairs test.
1. ‘CRPF Veer Parivar’ App
- President Kovind has launched ‘CRPF Veer Parivar’ App for families of CRPF personnel killed in the line of duty.
- The Central Reserve Police Force is India’s largest Central Armed Police Forces. It functions under the authority of the Ministry of Home Affairs of the Government of India. It is also known as a paramilitary force.
- CRPF :- Founder: Parliament of India || Founded: 27 July 1939 || Motto: Service and Loyalty || Annual budget: 20,268.03 crores INR (US$2.8 billion, 2018-19 est.) || Jurisdiction: India || Parent agency: Ministry of Home Affairs
2. New President of International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)–India
- Vikramjit Singh Sahney was elected as the President of International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)–India.
- Vikramjit Singh Sahney also known as Vikram Sahney, is an Indian entrepreneur, educationist, philanthropist and social activist. He is a passionate Sufi singer for social causes. Vikramjit Sahney is the founder and chairman of Sun International – a leading conglomerate with varied business interests across the globe.
- ICC:- Nickname : The world Business Organization || Headquarters: Paris || Motto : We make business work for everyone, everyday, everywhere. || Formation: 1919 || Founded at : Atlantic City
3. New CMD of National Buildings Construction Corporation (NBCC)
- Shiv Das Meena has been appointed as CMD of National Buildings Construction Corporation (NBCC).
- NBCC (India) Limited is a blue-chip Government of India Navratna enterprise and a Central Public Sector undertaking which trades publicly in the market. The Company’s present areas of operations are categorized into three main segments, i.e. Project Management Consultancy Real Estate Development EPC Contracting.
1. Emirates Islamic Business bank
- Emirates Islamic Business bank has become World’s first Islamic Bank to launch banking via WhatsApp.
- Formerly known as Emirates Islamic Bank, Emirates Islamic launched in 2004 as one of four Islamic banks in the country, is an Islamic Bank in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- The bank was established to deliver banking services in line with Shari’a principles.
- CEO: Salah Amin (18 Jun 2018–) || Chairperson: Mr. Hesham Abdulla Al Qassim || Founded: 1975 || Subsidiaries: Emirates Islamic Financial Brokerage LLC, El Funding Ltd. || Parent organization: Emirates NBD
2. Siblings Day
- Siblings Day (aka National Siblings Day) is a holiday recognized annually in United States on April 10, honouring the relationships of siblings.
- It is not federally recognized, though the Siblings Day Foundation is working to change this.
3. Anthos Platform by Google
- Google has inducted a new open platform named ‘Anthos’ to run and manage apps from anywhere.
- Anthos is built on open-source technologies pioneered by Google, including Kubernetes, Istio, and Knative, enabling consistency between cloud and on-premises environments.
- It is based on the Cloud Services Platform that Google announced in 2018.
4. Israeli Parliamentary Elections
- Benjamin Netanyahu has been re-elected as Prime Minister of Israel.
- The preliminary results from Israel’s election have Benjamin Netanyahu’s right-wing Likud party getting 35 seats out of a total 120 seats in the Knesset (Israel’s parliament).
- Israel :- Capital: Jerusalem || Currency: Israeli new shekel || Population: 87.1 lakhs (2017) World Bank || President: Reuven Rivlin
1. Interest Rate for General Provident Fund
- The Govt. has retained the interest rate for General Provident Fund (GPF) at 8% for the April-June quarter.
- GPF – (General Pension Fund) : General Provident Fund which is for the Government Employees . It largely depends on the type and rank of the job.
- EPF -(Employees Provident Fund): Employees Provident Fund for Private sector where 12% of Employees share and 12 % of Employer’s share of Basic Salary + DA is deducted and remitted to PF Authorities.
- PPF – (Public Provident Fund): Individuals can save to a maximum of Rs.60000/- in a year in the account. Account can be maintained in a Post Office.
2. Amazon Wings
- ‘Amazon Wings’ is a New Seller-Funding Programme and was launched by Amazon India.
- Amazon India has collaborated with Ketto Crowdfunding Company to help its sellers raise funding for business expansion, product development and medical assistance.
- Ketto is a crowdfunding platform based in India that allows people and NGOs to raise money for social, creative and personal causes.
- Ketto allows users to create their campaign page with which they raise money only for genuine cause. All raised funds are transferred to the beneficiary within the promised time, after the deduction of Ketto’s commission/fees. Majority of campaigns are run to raise money for medical bills or education fees.
3. Association of Mutual Funds in India (Amfi) Report
- HDFC Asset Management Co Ltd has topped the chart with an average Assets Under Management AUM of Rs3.42 trillion.
- Asset Management Companies (AMCs) in India own Assets Under Management (AUM) worth Rs24.46 trillion.
- An asset management company (AMC) is a firm that invests pooled funds from clients, putting the capital to work different investments including stocks, bonds, real estate, master limited partnerships, and more.
- Along with high-net-worth individual portfolios, AMCs manage hedge funds and pension plans, and—to better serve smaller investors—create pooled structures such as mutual funds, index funds, or exchange-traded funds, which they can manage in a single centralized portfolio.
4. New MD and CEO of Indian Overseas Bank
- Karnam Sekar will take over as MD and CEO of Indian Overseas Bank from July 1.
- Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) is a major public sector bank based in Chennai, India, with about 3400 domestic branches.
- In 1937, Thiru.M. Ct. M. Chidambaram Chettyar established the Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) to encourage overseas banking and foreign exchange operations.
1. Wisden’s Leading Cricketer
- Virat Kohli has been named as the Wisden Almanack’s ‘Leading Cricketer of the Year’ for the third straight year.
- Smriti Mandhana is awarded ‘Wisden Leading Woman Cricketer in the World’ Award by Wisden Almanack.
- Rashid Khan(Afghanistan leg-spinner) is named the Leading Twenty20 Cricketer for the second year in a row.
- Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack is a cricket reference book published annually in the United Kingdom.
- The Wisden Leading Cricketer in the World is an annual cricket award selected by Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack. It was established in 2004, to select the best cricketer based upon their performances anywhere in the world in the previous calendar year.
2. Dave Bautista retires
- David Bautista is an American actor, retired professional wrestler, and former mixed martial artist and bodybuilder. Bautista began his wrestling career in 1999, and signed with the World Wrestling Federation in 2000.
- World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) is an American integrated media and entertainment company that is primarily known for professional wrestling. WWE has also branched out into other fields, including movies, real estate, and various other business ventures.
3. 2019 World Aquatics Championships
- The 2019 World Aquatics Championships — 18th FINA World Aquatics Championships will be held in Gwangju, South Korea in the summer of 2019.
- It will host the swimming and diving competitions, and there will be two adjacent outdoor temporary venues for synchronised swimming and water polo.
- South Korea, an East Asian nation on the southern half of the Korean Peninsula, shares one of the world’s most heavily militarized borders with North Korea.
- President: Moon Jae-in || Capital: Seoul || Currency: South Korean won || Prime minister: Lee Nak-yeon
- Daily Current Affairs: April 1
- Daily Current Affairs: April 2
- Daily Current Affairs: April 3
- Daily Current Affairs: April 4
- Daily Current Affairs: April 5
- Daily Current Affairs: April 6
- Daily Current Affairs: April 7
- Daily Current Affairs: April 8
- Daily Current Affairs: April 9
- Daily Current Affairs: April 10
- Daily Current Affairs: April 11
- Daily Current Affairs: April 12
- Daily Current Affairs: April 13
- Daily Current Affairs: April 14
- Daily Current Affairs: April 15
- Daily Current Affairs: April 16
- Daily Current Affairs: April 17
- Daily Current Affairs: April 18
- Daily Current Affairs: April 19
- Daily Current Affairs: April 20
- Daily Current Affairs: April 21
- Daily Current Affairs: April 22
- Daily Current Affairs: April 23
- Daily Current Affairs: April 24
- Daily Current Affairs: April 25
- Daily Current Affairs: April 26
- Daily Current Affairs: April 27
- Daily Current Affairs: April 28
- Daily Current Affairs: April 29
- Daily Current Affairs: April 30