Daily Current Affairs 11 August 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 11 August 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 11 August 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 11 August 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Chairperson of National Commission for Women
- Rekha Sharma has been appointed as the chairperson of the National Commission for Women.
- National Commission for Women is a statutory body of the GOI, it was established in January, 1992 and is based in New Delhi.
2. Global Innovation Index, GII- 2018
- This Index was launched in 2018 and the event was organised by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII),World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP).
- India is ranked at 57 in GII-2018.
3. ‘Bebak Baat’ Book
- VP Venkaiah Naidu has released a Book titled ‘Bebak Baat’.
- The author of book is Vijay Goel (Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs and Statistics & Programme Implementation)
4. New Book release
- ‘Jewellery’ by journalist Gulab Kothari(Rajasthan Patrika).
- ‘Ghats of Banaras’ by Pratapanand Jha(IGNCA Cultural Informatics Director) and Sachidanand Joshi.
- ‘Untold Story of Broadcasting’ by historian Gautam Chatterjee on Quit India Movement Archives.
1. UN human rights chief
- Michelle Bachelet is selected as new Head of United Nations of Human Rights.
- She has served as President of Chile twice from 2006 to 2010 and from 2014 to 2018.
2. 1st Indian tribal language on Wikipedia
- Santali has got own script Wikipedia edition and has become the 1st Indian tribal language for the same.
- It is a language in the Munda subfamily of Austroasiatic languages, related to Ho and Mundari, spoken mainly in the Indian states of Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Odisha, West Bengal.
3. ‘touch the Sun’ spacecraft
- NASA will launch a small car-size probe to “touch the Sun” from its Florida base station.
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration, is a civilian agency of the government of the United States of America, responsible for the civilian space program, as well as aeronautics and aerospace research
1. HSBC’s ‘My Deal’ Platform
- It is a digital platform to ease the capital raising process through capital markets by acquiring information such as investors’ feedback, profiles, client orders and deal pricing etc. in real time.
- HSBC : Established on 3 March, 1865, Headquarters – HSBC Tower, London, United Kingdom , Tagline – “World’s Local Bank”.
2. Google’s Q&A app
- Google launched a Q&A app cameos on the play store.
- The celebrities and other public figures can answer questions about themselves.
3. PayPal with HDFC Bank
- PayPal partnered with HDFC Bank to provide a secure, fast and convenient payment experience.
- Anupam Puja MD of PayPal, India and Aditya Puri is the CEO of HDFC Bank.
4. Iris authentication for Aadhaar-based transactions
- Axis Bank has become first to introduce this.
- Headquarters: Mumbai , Subsidiaries: FreeCharge, A.Treds Limited, MORE , Shikha Sharma (CEO, Managing director).
1. National Sports University Bill, 2018
- Rajya Sabha approved National Sports University Bill 2018.
- The aim is to set up a National Sports University in Manipur to promote sports.
2. Barcelona’s captain for 2018-19
- Lionel Messi will replace Andrés Iniesta as Barcelona’s captain for upcoming season.
- Andrés Iniesta is a former Spanish professional footballer who plays as a central midfielder for Japanese club Vissel Kobe now and has spent most of his career at Barcelona.
3. Highest international run-scorer of 2018
- Virat Kohli has become Highest international run-scorer of 2018.
- Kohli has scored 1,404 runs in 25 innings this year.
- Daily Current Affairs: August 1
- Daily Current Affairs: August 2
- Daily Current Affairs: August 3
- Daily Current Affairs: August 4
- Daily Current Affairs: August 5
- Daily Current Affairs: August 6
- Daily Current Affairs: August 7
- Daily Current Affairs: August 8
- Daily Current Affairs: August 9
- Daily Current Affairs: August 10
- Daily Current Affairs: August 11