Daily Current Affairs 11 August 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 11 August 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 11 August 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 11 August 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Odisha Small Savings Incentive Scheme
- Odisha Government has launched ‘Odisha Small Savings Incentive Scheme’ for calendar year 2019.
- Eligible person who deposits a minimum amount of Rs 2000 in any Small Savings Schemes during the calendar year 2019 in any Post office or bank situated within Odisha can obtain a free web-based coupon.
- A state-level lucky draw of the scheme will be held on April 26, 2020.
2. National Medical Commission Act 2019
- President Kovind has given his nod to National Medical Commission (NMC) Act 2019.
- The National Medical Commission Bill, 2019 was introduced by the Minister of Health and Family Welfare, Dr. Harsh Vardhan in Lok Sabha on July 22, 2019.
- The Bill sets up the National Medical Commission (NMC).
3. India’s first underwater train
- India’s first underwater train will be launched in Kolkata under the Hooghly river in Kolkata Metro project.
- PiyushGoyal is an Indian politician and the current minister of Ministry of Railways |Railways and Commerce in the Government of India.
4. High-Tech Gaushalas in Madhya Pradesh
- Kumar Mangalam Birla will build 100 High-Tech Gaushalas in Madhya Pradesh under Aditya Birla Group’s Corporate Social Responsibility initiative.
- Corporate social responsibility (CSR) is a broad term used to describe a company’s efforts to improve society in some way. These efforts can range from donating money to nonprofits to implementing environmentally-friendly policies in the workplace. CSR is important for companies, non-profits, and employees alike.
- Kumar Mangalam Birla is an Indian billionaire industrialist, and the chairman of the Aditya Birla Group, one of the largest conglomerates in India.
1. SpaceX with Israel
- SpaceX has launched Falcon 9 which is loaded with AMOS-17 Communication Satellite of Israel.
- Space Exploration Technologies Corp., doing business as SpaceX, is a private US aerospace manufacturer and space transportation services company headquartered in Hawthorne, California.
- It was founded in 2002 by Elon Musk with the goal of reducing space transportation costs to enable the colonization of Mars.
- CEO: Elon Musk || Founder: Elon Musk || Founded: 6 May 2002 || Headquarters: Hawthorne, California, United States
2. Indian Film Festival of Melbourne
- Indian Film Festival of Melbourne-2019 was held at Palais Theatre, Melbourne, Australia.
- Best Film : Gully Boy
- Best Actor : Vijay Sethupathi [Super Deluxe Movie]
- Best Actress : Tabu [Andha Dhun Movie]
- Best Director : Sriram Raghavan [Andha Dhun Movie]
- People’s Choice Award : Simmba
3. Singapore Convention on Mediation
- India and 45 other UN members including USA and China have signed Singapore Convention on Mediation.
- The Singapore Mediation Convention, which was signed on August 7, 2019, is an international agreement making it easier for businesses and countries to enforce mediated settlements.
- The Singapore Mediation Convention provides a process for the direct enforcement of cross-border settlement agreement between parties resulting from mediation. The Convention provides that a settlement agreement may be enforced directly by the courts of a State.
1. Arbitration and Conciliation (Amendment) Act 2019
- President Kovind gave his assent to Arbitration and Conciliation (Amendment) Act 2019
- It is aimed to make India hub of domestic and global arbitration for settling commercial disputes.
2. New Brand Ambassador of Malabar Gold & Diamonds
- Jewellery retailer Malabar Gold & Diamonds has appointed Bollywood actor Anil Kapoor as its Brand ambassador.
- He joined as a Brand Ambassador along with Kareena Kapoor Khan, Tamannaah Bhatia and Manushi Chillar.
3. Most Film-Friendly State
- Uttarakhand has been declared as the Most Film-Friendly State at 66th National Film Awards.
- For the first time, This category has been added in National Awards.
1. FA Community Shield
- Winner: Manchester City
- Runner-up: Liverpool
- The Football Association Community Shield is English football’s annual match contested between the champions of the previous Premier League season and the holders of the FA Cup at Wembley Stadium.
- If the Premier League champions also won the FA Cup then the league runners-up provide the opposition.
2. Asian Games
- 2014 – Incheon, South Korea
- 2018 – Jakarta and Plembang, Indonesia
- 2022 – Hangzhou, China
- 2026 – Nagoya, Japan
3. Commonwealth Games
- 2010 – New Delhi ,India
- 2014 – Glasgow, Scotland, UK
- 2018 – Quensland , Australia
- 2022 – Birmingham , England
4. BCCI under National Anti-Doping Agency
- BCCI has agreed to come under the ambit of National Anti-Doping Agency.
- The National Anti-Doping Agency is the national organisation responsible for promoting, coordinating, and monitoring the doping control program in sports in all its forms in India.
- The India men’s national cricket team, also known as Team India and Men in Blue, is governed by the Board of Control for Cricket in India, and is a Full Member of the International Cricket Council with Test, One-Day International and Twenty20 International status.