Daily Current Affairs 11 December 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 11 December 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 11 December 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 11 December 2017 Current affairs test.
1.Air India seeks Rs.1,100 Cr loan to modify planes for VVIPs.
- National Carrier is seeking this money to modify two Boeing aircraft that will be used to ferry the President, Vice President and Prime Minister.
- The two Boeing 777-300 ER aircraft are to be delivered in Jan 2018. Notably, Air India already has a debt burden of over Rs.50,000 crore.
2.India’s first ever mobile food testing laboratory launched in Goa.
- Built at a cost of Rs.41 lakh, the laboratory is mounted on a bus which will travel across the state checking food samples on the spot.
- It is entirely funded by the Centre, which will also bear the maintenance cost for 5 years.
3.West Bengal announces life insurance of Rs.5 lakh each for pilgrims.
- WB CM Mamata Banerjee announced a life insurance for pilgrims visiting the state for the upcoming Gangasagar fair, the second biggest pilgrimage fair after Kumbh.
- Mamata is trying to cover up her “Muslim appeasement policy” by announcing an insurance for Hindus who will attend the fair on the occasion of Makar Sakranti festival, BJP alleged.
1.China launched Algerian communication satellite.
- .Alcomsat-1 is the first communication satellite of Algeria which is launched from Xichang Satellite Launch Center in Sichuan.
- The satellite was the first cooperative project in the aerospace industry between the two countries.
2.Afghanistan calls for cutting ties with US over Jerusalem.
- Afghanistan’s Parliament called on the government and Muslim nations across the world to cut ties with US in protest against President Donald Trump’s decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital.
- Condemning the decision, the Lower House of the Parliament adopted a resolution accusing Trump of jeopardizing global peace and security with such a move.
3.Turkish President calls Israel a ‘terrorist state’.
- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan called Israel as terrorist state that kills children.
- He also vowed to use “all means to fight” the US recognition of Jerusalem as Israel’s capital. He has described Jerusalem’s recognition as “red line” for muslims.
1.RBI sets up helpline to check bank accounts hacking.
- As a part of the intensified campaign against rising instances of fraud, the RBI wants any individual receiving an offer of lottery winnings or easy funds from RBI or some government body, to complain immediately on the Sachet website.
- The RBI has setup a helpline(8691960000) to which callers can make a missed call to get detailed information on the issue..
2.Syndicate Bank reduces MCLR by 0.05% for certain tenors.
- The Bengaluru-headquartered lender has cut the overnight, 1-month and 3-month Marginal cost based Lending Rate(MCLR) by 0.05% each to 7.95, 8, 8.05%.
- The new MCLR rate have taken effect from December 10.
3.Sensex rises over 150 points, Nifty above10,300.
- Bharti Airtel(1.78%), Axis Bank(1.76%) and SBI(1.68%) are the top gainers on Sensex .
1.India beat Germany, win bronze at Hockey World League Final.
- India defeated Germany 2-1 in the Hockey World League Final to grab the bronze medal at the event.
- SV Sunil and Harmanpreet Singh scored for the world number six Indian side.
2.National Swimming Champ threatens to sell medals for cash.
- India’s only male swimmer at the Rio Olympics, Sajan Prakash, who demanded financial assistance from the government to undergo high-altitude training in Spain, has threatened to sell his medals, if denied assistance.
- Prakash won six gold medals at the National Games in 2015. He has also been nominate for the Target Olympic Podium Scheme.
- Daily Current Affairs: December 1
- Daily Current Affairs: December 2
- Daily Current Affairs: December 3
- Daily Current Affairs: December 4
- Daily Current Affairs: December 5
- Daily Current Affairs: December 6
- Daily Current Affairs: December 7
- Daily Current Affairs: December 8
- Daily Current Affairs: December 9
- Daily Current Affairs: December 10
- Daily Current Affairs: December 11
- Daily Current Affairs: December 12
- Daily Current Affairs: December 13
- Daily Current Affairs: December 14