Daily Current Affairs 11 February 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 11 February 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 11 February 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 11 February 2018 Current affairs test.
1.Six bilateral agreements signed by India and Palestine.
- Six bilateral agreements worth Rs.271.9 crore are signed by India and Palestine, said Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale in a press briefing.
- Agreements include setting of India-Palestine super-specialty hospital, construction of India-Palestine Center for empowering women, setting of new National Printing Press and setting up of two schools in Palestinian villages.
2.India confident enough for surgical strike: Smriti Irani.
- I&B Minister Smriti Irani said that India is a tolerant nation, it is “confident enough to have a surgical strike and let the world speak about our powers”.
- She replied to a question asked about India-Pakistan ties, “You can change your friends, but you can never change your neighbours, can you?”.
3.Article named ‘In Historic Palestine Visit’ released by Israeli press over PM Modi’s visit.
- PM Narendra Modi is the first Indian PM to visit Palestine, over that Israeli daily Haaretz published a piece titled, ‘In Historic Palestine Visit’, India’s Modi Hails Arafat as ‘One of World’s Greatest Leaders’.
- A piece titled “Modi in Ramallah: India is committed to the Palestinian People’s interest” in the Jerusalem Post explained how Palestine can use India-Israel ties as leverage.
4.Rajnath Singh inaugurates spoken Sanskrit Center.
- Union Minister Rajnath Singh has launched the Center for learning Sanskrit language in Gujarat University, Ahmedabad.
- A six-month course is offered for people on how to speak the language.
1.Women need not wear long robes in public: Top Saudi cleric.
- A top Saudi cleric has said that women should not be forced to wear long abaya robes in public. The cleric’s comment comes following the introduction of several reforms in the kingdom to give women more rights.
- Saudi women are currently required by law to wear the garment along with a headscarf when they are in public.
2.PM Modi lays foundation for the first Hindu temple in Abu Dhabi.
- PM Modi laid the foundation for Abu Dhabi ‘s first Hindu temple via video conferencing.
- PM Modi thanked UAE’s Crown prince Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and said “I believe this temple will not be only unique in terms of architecture and splendor but also will give a message of ‘Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam’ to people across the world”.
3.Women reveal sexual harassment at Hajj.
- Several women took to social media to share their experiences of sexual harassment during Hajj using #MosqueMeToo.
- This follows the #MeToo movement which aims to highlight the prevalence of sexual harassment and assault.
4.Rs.90,000 spent by UK to deliver 6-page Brexit letter to Belgium.
- The UK govt spent nearly Rs.90,000 to deliver a six-page letter informing the European Council of its decision to leave the EU.
- The letter was delivered in person by two civil servants who travelled in to Belgian capital city Brussels by high-speed railway train Eurostar in the Business Premier class.
1.Indian consortium buys 10% stake in UAE oilfield.
- An Indian consortium led by ONGC has agreed to pay $600 million for a 10% stake in an offshore oilfield in UAE’s Abu Dhabi.
- This marks the first time Indian oil companies have been given a stake in Abu Dhabi’s hydrocarbon resources. This contract has a term of 40 years.
2.Mutual funds are not substitute for bank returns: SEBI Chief.
- Ajay Tyagi, SEBI’s Chairman, said that mutual funds are not a substitution for bank deposits as they don’t assume returns. However, he added mutual funds are the “right way” for retail investors to participate in the capital markets.
- India currently has 43 mutual fund firms.
3.Mumbai is the world’s 12th richest city by wealth: Report.
- India’s financial capital Mumbai has been ranked as the 12th richest city globally by South Africa-based market research group New World Wealth.
- The list of 15 wealthiest cities was topped by New York with $3 trillion wealth.
4.Direct tax revenue up 19.3% in Apr-Jan.
- Direct tax collections in the first ten months of the current fiscal grew 19.3% to Rs.6.95 lakh crore, according to data released by the government.
- This represents 69.2% of the total budget estimate of direct taxes at Rs.10.05 lakh crore for the current financial year.
1.Winter Olympics hit by cyber-attack.
- Winter Olympics officials have confirmed the PyeongChang Winter Games were hit by a cyber-attack during the opening ceremony.
- The official PyeongChang 2018 site has stopped working before the start of the opening ceremony after which it took almost 12 hours to recover it.
2.Shubham Gill equals Yuvraj’s Punjab record.
- India’s Under-19 vice-captain Shubham Gill slammed six sixes during his 123*run knockout, equaling Yuvraj Singh and Harbhajan Singh’s record of most sixes in a List A innings for Punjab.
- Shubham Gill was named as Player of the tournament in the Under-19 World Cup 2018.
3.Kohli surpassed Azhar and Gayle in highest ODI run-scorers list.
- Virat Kohli went past Former Indian captain Mohammed Azharuddin and Chris Gayle in the list of the highest run-getters in the ODI format.
- Kohli is placed 16th in the list of highest ODI run-getters while 5th highest run-getter for India in ODIs. Sachin Tendulkar is first in both the categories.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz, 11 February
- Daily Current Affairs: February 1
- Daily Current Affairs: February 2
- Daily Current Affairs: February 3
- Daily Current Affairs: February 4
- Daily Current Affairs: February 5
- Daily Current Affairs: February 6
- Daily Current Affairs: February 7
- Daily Current Affairs: February 8
- Daily Current Affairs: February 9
- Daily Current Affairs: February 10
- Daily Current Affairs: February 11
- Daily Current Affairs: February 12