Daily Current Affairs 11 February 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 11 February 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 11 February 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 11 February 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Ladakh as 3rd Division in Jammu and Kashmir
- Ladakh will be third administrative division of Jammu and Kashmir state.
- Saugat Biswas will be the first commissioner for the same.
2. Sela tunnel project
- PM Modi laid the foundation stone of the Sela Tunnel Project with a cost Rs. 687 crore in Arunachal Pradesh.
- The Sela Tunnel of 12.04 kilometres provide all-weather connectivity to Tawang and forward areas.
3. Hurun India Philanthropy list 2018
- Mukesh Ambani has topped the Hurun India Philanthropy list with donation amount of 437 crores.
- Ajay Piramal, chairman of the Piramal Group is on second in the list with donation amount of 200 crores.
4. Statue of Tripura’s last ruler
- PM Modi has unveiled a statue of last ruler of Tripura, Maharaja Bir Bikram Kishore Manikya.
- The Agartala airport (Maharaja Bir Bikram Airport) which was renamed after him in July last year.
1. The 13th UN Convention on the Conservation of Migratory Species
- Great Indian Bustard has been named as the mascot for the 13th Conference of Parties (COP) of the UN Convention on the Conservation of Migratory Species.
- The great Indian Bustard or Indian bustard is a bustard found on the Indian subcontinent. A large bird with a horizontal body and long bare legs, giving it an ostrich like appearance, this bird is among the heaviest of the flying birds.
2. Exercise ‘Aman 19’
- Exercise ‘AMAN-19’ is a multinational maritime exercise with 46 nations participants, has started at Pakistan Navy Dockyard, Karachi.
- Theme :- ‘Together for Peace’
3. Bangladesh and India with 4 MOUs
- 1. Training of 1800 Bangladesh civil servants
- 2. AYUSH and the Ministry of Health of Bangladesh
- 3. Anti-Corruption Commission of Bangladesh and Central Bureau of Investigation of India.
- 4. Hiranandani Group and Bangladesh Economic Zones Authority
4. Hindi as official language in Abu Dhabi
- Abu Dhabi has included Hindi as the 3rd official language in its courts, alongside Arabic and English.
- UAE :- Capital: Abu Dhabi || Currency: United Arab Emirates dirham
- Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates, sits off the mainland on an island in the Persian (Arabian) Gulf. Its focus on oil exports and commerce is reflected by the skyline’s modern towers and shopping metacentres such as Abu Dhabi and Marina malls. Beneath white-marble domes, the vast Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque features an immense Persian carpet, crystal chandeliers and capacity for 41,000 worshipers.
1. Group of Ministers (GoM) for GST
- Group of Ministers (GoM) has recommended 5% GST for under construction properties and 3% GST for affordable housing sector without input tax credit.
- Group of Ministers (GoM) is led by Gujarat Deputy Chief Minister Nitinbhai Patel.
2. The limit of bulk deposits by RBI
- RBI has doubled the limit for ‘bulk’ Deposits to over 2 crore from 1 crore.
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das || Bank rate: 6.75% || Interest on reserves: 4.00% (market determined) || President: Shaktikanta Das || Headquarters: Mumbai || Subsidiary: National Housing Bank
3. Institute of Chartered Accountants of India with ‘Invest India’
- ICAI has signed an agreement with ‘Invest India’ to promote foreign investments in the country and Indian’s investments in abroad.
- Invest India is the National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency of India and acts as the first point of reference for investors in India. Its experts, specializing across different countries, Indian states and sectors, handhold investors through their investment lifecycle ⎯ from pre-investment to after-care.
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India is the national professional accounting body of India. It was established on 1 July 1949 as a statutory body under the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 enacted by the Parliament to regulate the profession of Chartered Accountancy in India.
4. Facebook’s New Acquisition
- Facebook has acquired ‘GrokStyle’, s virtual search start-up for better using Artificial Intelligence capabilities.
- GrokStyle was founded in 2015 and is based in San Francisco, USA.
1. New Union Sports Secretary
- Radheyshyam Julaniya has been designated as new Union Sports Secretary.
- Radheyshyam Julaniya will replace Rahul Bhatnagar as the Union Sports Secretary.
2. EGAT’s Cup International Weightlifting Championships
- Weightlifter Jeremy Lalrinnunga has clinched silver in men’s 67-kilogram category in the EGAT’s Cup International Weightlifting Championships in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
- Jeremy Lalrinnunga is an Indian weightlifter from Aizawl, Mizoram who represented India in the 2018 Summer Youth Olympics in Buenos Aires. He won the gold medal in the Boys’ 62kg category weightlifting with a lift of 274kg. It was India’s first gold medal in the Youth Olympics Games.
3. PV Sindhu with Chinese sports brand Li Ning
- PV Sindhu has signed a four-year sports sponsorship deal with Chinese sports brand Li Ning for Rs. 50 Crore.
- Li-Ning Company Limited is a Chinese company which makes athletic shoes and sporting goods. The company endorses a number of athletes and teams, both in China and around the world.
- Daily Current Affairs: February 1
- Daily Current Affairs: February 2
- Daily Current Affairs: February 3
- Daily Current Affairs: February 4
- Daily Current Affairs: February 5
- Daily Current Affairs: February 6
- Daily Current Affairs: February 7
- Daily Current Affairs: February 8
- Daily Current Affairs: February 9
- Daily Current Affairs: February 10
- Daily Current Affairs: February 11