Daily Current Affairs 11 February 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 11 February 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 11 February 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 11 February 2020 Current affairs test.
1. First Heli Services under UDAN
- Under ‘Ude Desh Ka Aam Nagrik’ (UDAN), Ministry of Civil Aviation has operationalized the first ever helicopter services in Uttarakhand.
- Uttarakhand Chief Minister: Trivendra Singh Rawat || Governor: Baby Rani Maurya.
2. National Clean Air Programme (NCAP)
- Union Minister of State for Environment, Forest and Climate Change Babul Supriyo stated that Government of India has launched National Clean Air Programme (NCAP) as a national level strategy to tackle the air pollution.
- Aim: To achieve 20 to 30 per cent reduction in PM10 and PM2.5 concentrations by 2024.
- The Year 2017 as the base year for the comparison of concentration.
3. Mukhyamantri Parivar Samridhi Yojna
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal has launched Mukhyamantri Parivar Samridhi Yojna.
- Under this scheme, annual financial assistance of Rs 6000 will be provided to those families whose annual income is upto Rs 1.80 lakh and land holding is less than 5 acres
4. Biopic on APJ Abdul Kalam
- Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar released the first look of a biopic on former President APJ Abdul Kalam in New Delhi.
- Hollywood actor Muhammad Ali is playing Dr Kalam’s role in the movie.
1. International Day of Women and Girls in Science
- The International Day of Women and Girls in Science is the 11th day of February, by resolution of the United Nations General Assembly on 22 December, 2015.
- The day recognizes the critical role women and girls play in science and technology.
2. UK’s new High Commissioner to India
- UK has appointed diplomat Philip Barton as its High Commissioner to India replacing Dominic Asquith.
- The United Kingdom, made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, is an island nation in north western Europe. England – birthplace of Shakespeare and The Beatles – is home to the capital, London, a globally influential centre of finance and culture. England is also site of Neolithic Stonehenge, Bath’s Roman spa and centuries-old universities at Oxford and Cambridge.
3. African Union 2020 Summit
- The 33rd edition of annual African Union Summit 2020 has concluded in Addis Ababa.
- The African Union is a continental union consisting of 55 member states located on the continent of Africa. The AU was announced in the Sirte Declaration in Sirte, Libya, on 9 September 1999, calling for the establishment of the African Union.
- Theme: ‘Silencing the Guns: Creating Conducive Conditions For Africa’s Development’.
4. Roger Kahn passes away
- American Author Roger Kahn has passed away.
- Roger Kahn was an American author, best known for his 1972 baseball book The Boys of Summer.
1. Credit Suisse CEO resigns
- Credit Suisse had accepted Chief Executive Tidjane Thiam’s resignation following a spying scandal.
- he would be replaced by Thomas Gottstein
- Credit Suisse: Founded– 1856 || Founder– Alfred Escher & Allgemeine Deutsche Credit-Anstalt || Headquarters– Zürich, Switzerland
2. Amazon to set-up Data Centers in India
- Amazon will set up two data centers in Telangana with USD 1.6 billion investment.
- They would help in developing an Amazon Web Services region in Telangana.
- The proposals by the Amazon Data Services India Private Limited (ADSIPL) seeking environmental clearance.
3. Engiexpo 2020
- The 6th edition of industrial exhibition ‘Engiexpo 2020’ will be organised in Vadodara, Gujarat.
- It will be organised by the Federation of Small Scale Industries (FSSI), to promote ‘Made in India’ products.
1. Khelo India Ice Hockey Championship
- Ladakh Scouts has won Khelo India Ice Hockey Championship defeating Indo Tibetan Border Police team.
- Minister of State (IC) of the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports: KirenRijiju.
2. Chief National coach Pullela Gopichand
- Chief National Badminton Coach Pullela Gopichand was honoured with Coaches lifetime achievement award by International Olympic Committee.
- Pullela Gopichand is a former Indian badminton player. Presently, he is the Chief National Coach for the Indian Badminton team. He won the All England Open Badminton Championships in 2001 becoming the second Indian to achieve this feat after Prakash Padukone. He runs the Gopichand Badminton Academy.
- IOC: Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland || President: Thomas Bach.