Daily Current Affairs 11 January 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 11 January 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 11 January 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 11 January 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Railways cut cost of booking tours through IRCTC by 10%
- Railway Board Chairperson Ashwani Lohani has directed the reduction in the service charge for booking tour charges with IRCTC by 10%.
- IRCTC previously levied 25% service charge for it.
2. Women Navy officers brave storm in Pacific Ocean
- The Indian Navy’s first all-women sailing crew braved their way through a storm in the Pacific Ocean while on the way to Falkland Islands.
- The crew is on an 8-month tour around the globe.
3. Pak accuses India of distracting it from anti-terror efforts
- It claimed that an alleged nexus of India’s and Afghanistan’s intelligence agencies is working to undermine Pakistan’s internal stability.
- Pakistan also accused India of terrorism in the form of IED attacks against civilians in Pakistan side of the LoC and the Wagha border.
1. Bill to increase Green Card allotments by 45% proposed in US
- A bill to increase the green Cards from the current 1.2 lakh to 1.75 lakh annually has been introduced in the US House of Representatives.
- Indian-American technology professionals who come to the US mainly on H-1B visas are expected to be benefitted if the bill is implemented.
2. Australia to build world’s largest solar thermal power plant
- The150 megawatt plant which worths over Rs.3,200 cr will create 650 construction jobs and 50 ongoing positions when completed.
- The facility will power 90,000 homes with eight hours of full load storage.
3. US approves Rs.800 cr anti-ballistic missile sale to Japan
- The US State Department gave preliminary approval for the sale of SM-3 anti-ballistic missiles to Japan.
- This comes as North Korea said that its weapons are aimed exclusively at the US and not South Korea, Russia or China.
1. Kodak’s value rises by $430 mn after crypto announcement
- Eastman Kodak revealed plans to launch its own cryptocurrency KODAKCoin.
- Kodak’s shares surged as much as 320% since the announcement giving the firm a market capitalisation of $565 mn.
2. Louis Vuitton fund wants to invest in Patanjali
- The L Catterton private equity fund wants to invest Rs.3,200 cr in Baba Ramdev’s Patanjali.
- A Patanjali spokesperson said that they don’t hesitate to use foreign funds for the country’s benefit.
3. I-T dept attaches Benami properties worth Rs.3,500 cr : Govt
- The FM said the Income Tax Department has attaches more than 900 Benami properties worth over Rs.3,500 cr.
- These include plots of land, flats, shops, jewellery, vehicles, deposits in bank accounts and fixed deposits among others.
1. Actor Madhavan qualifies for national finals of golf meet
- R Madhavan has qualified for the national finals of the Mercedes Trophy golf tournament by winning the qualification round of the Mumbai leg.
- The national finals of the tournament will be played in Pune from April 4-6.
2. Indian cricket team to tour Ireland
- This is India’s first visit to the country since 2007.
- The two T20I will be held in Dublin on June 27 and June 29 and will be followed by India’s 2 month tour of England.
- Daily Current Affairs: January 1
- Daily Current Affairs: January 2
- Daily Current Affairs: January 3
- Daily Current Affairs: January 4
- Daily Current Affairs: January 5
- Daily Current Affairs: January 6
- Daily Current Affairs: January 7
- Daily Current Affairs: January 8
- Daily Current Affairs: January 9
- Daily Current Affairs: January 10
- Daily Current Affairs: January 11
- Daily Current Affairs: January 12