Daily Current Affairs 11 July 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 11 July 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 11 July 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 11 July 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Ease of Doing Business Ranking of States
- Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, has released the final rankings of States in Ease of Doing Business.
- The top rankers are Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Haryana. Jharkhand and Gujarat stood fourth and fifth respectively.
2. First Chairman of Rajya Sabha to sign an MOU
- For the first time in 76 years Rajya Sabha signed a MOU with a foreign counterpart for promoting inter-parliamentary dialogue.
- Venkaiah Naidu become the first Chairman of Rajya Sabha to sign such an agreement when he inked an MOU with the visiting President of the Senate of the Republic of Rwanda, Mr. Bernard Makuza.
3. Saathi, A mobile help centre
- The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) has launched Saathi, a mobile help centre to reach out to people undertaking annual pilgrimage to 3,880-metre high holy cave shrine of Amarnath.
- Saathi will provide help and information to yatris staying in camps outside the Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu.
4. National Health Stack
- NITI Aayog came up with the blueprint of ‘National Health Stack’ (NHS), a shared digital healthcare infrastructure.
- The blueprint is in line with the implementation of the Centre’s flagship scheme Ayushman Bharat and other public healthcare programmes in the country.
1. India, UK to take forward the exchange of legal practitioners
- The decision to take forward the exchange of legal practitioners on the basis of reciprocity in accordance with the prevailing legal provisions in their respective countries.
- Minister for Law & Justice and Electronics & IT Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad visited United Kingdom from 6-10 July, 2018 at the invitation of Mr. David Gauke, Secretary of State for Justice, UK.
2. 5–day Capacity Development programme for Media Officials from Bhutan
- Election Commission of Bhutan, India International Institute of Democracy and Election Management (IIIDEM) is organising a 5 -day Capacity Development programme for Media Officials from Bhutan at New Delhi.
- The participants include media journalists and media officials from Election Management Body of Bhutan. The program is aimed to hold interactive discussions on media in elections.
3. India-Korea Technology Exchange Centre
- The India-Korea Technology Exchange Centre was Inaugurated in New Delhi. It established at the National Small Industries Corporation premises.
- The purpose is to create a platform for MSME of India and Korea where they can be assisted to identify and exchange latest technologies, share management expertise, product development and technology applications for product development.
4. World Population Day
- July 11, is celebrated as World Population Day, to raise awareness about global population-related issues.
- Theme :- Family Planning is a Human Right
1. Startup India Yatra
- Madhya Pradesh part of Startup India Yatra will begin on July 16th, 2018
- The Startup India Yatra van will travel to 10 cities of Madhya Pradesh, starting from the capital Bhopal, to spread awareness about Startup India and Madhya Pradesh Startup Policy. The vehicle, with experts on board, will provide an opportunity for entrepreneurial talents.
2. India is the sixth largest economy in the world
- India is the sixth largest economy in the world, with a GDP of $2.59 trillion in 2017, according to a recent World Bank report.
- India surpassed France and is behind the US, China, Japan, Germany and the UK.
3. The Eat Right Movement
- Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) unveiled ‘The Eat Right Movement’ which is built on ‘Eat Healthy’ and ‘Eat Safe’.
- It aims at engaging and enabling citizens to improve their health and well-being by making the right food choices and to cut down salt/sugar and oil consumption by 30% in three years.
4. Rajasthan government signed MoU with Microsoft
- Rajasthan government signed a MoU with Microsoft to provide digital training to 9,500 students of government colleges.
- The initiative is to enhance the youths’ employability and empowerment and to improve the digital literacy.
1. Cristiano Ronaldo to join Juventus
- Real Madrid’s all-time record goal scorer Cristiano Ronaldo joined Juventus.
- Ronaldo at Real Madrid is with 451 goals, 16 titles, 4 Ballon d’Ors
2. France become first finalists of 2018 World Cup
- France defeated Belgium on Tuesday to reach the FIFA World Cup final.
- France had defeated Brazil to clinch their maidan title in 1998, while they lost to Italy in the 2006 edition’s final.
3. Serena Williams reached Wimbledon semi-finals
- Serena Williams sealed her 11th Wimbledon semi-final appearance to beat Italy’s Camila Giorgi 3-6, 6-3, 6-4.
- Daily Current Affairs: July 1
- Daily Current Affairs: July 2
- Daily Current Affairs: July 3
- Daily Current Affairs: July 4
- Daily Current Affairs: July 5
- Daily Current Affairs: July 6
- Daily Current Affairs: July 7
- Daily Current Affairs: July 8
- Daily Current Affairs: July 9
- Daily Current Affairs: July 10
- Daily Current Affairs: July 11