Daily Current Affairs 11 July 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 11 July 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 11 July 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 11 July 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Indian Naval Ship Tarkash
- Indian Naval Ship Tarkash has arrived at Tangier, Morocco.
- It will carry out a Passage Exercise with ships of Royal Moroccan Navy.
- INS Tarkash is the second Teg-class frigate constructed for the Indian Navy.
- Morocco: Capital: Rabat || Currency: Moroccan dirham
2. ‘Best Innovation Award’ in Indian Railways
- ‘Northeast Frontier Railway’ has been awarded ‘Best Innovation Award’ in Indian Railways for its ‘Plan Bee’ initiative.
- ‘Plan Bee’ keeps wild elephants away from train tracks.
3. ‘Sah-Beej’ Seeds
- State Cooperative Seed Federation of Madhya Pradesh is going to produce high quality seeds branded as ‘Sah-Beej’.
- Capital: Bhopal || Chief minister: Kamal Nath || Governor: Anandiben Patel
4. New CMD of BSNL
- P K Purwar has assumed as the Chairman and Managing Director of BSNL.
- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited is an Indian state-owned telecommunications company headquartered in New Delhi.
- CEO: Anupam Shrivastava
1. World Population Day
- World Population day is an annual event, observed on July 11 every year, which seeks to raise awareness of global population issues.
- The event was established by the Governing Council of the United Nations Development Programme in 1989.
- India to beat China to become world’s most populous country by 2027.
2. Force Commander of UN Mission in South Sudan
- Lieutenant General Shailesh Tinaikar of India has assumed the charge as Force Commander of United Nations Mission in South Sudan.
- The United Nations is an intergovernmental organization tasked with maintaining international peace and security, developing friendly relations among nations, achieving international co-operation, and being a centre for harmonizing the actions of nations.
- Secretary general: António Guterres || Founded: 24 October 1945, San Francisco, California USA || Headquarters: New York
3. Movie ‘Gully Boy’ at Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival
- Movie ‘Gully Boy’ has been awarded ‘Network for the Promotion of Asian Cinema’ Award (NETPAC Award) at 23rd Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival in South Korea.
- Director: Zoya Akhtar
- The Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival is an international film festival held annually in Bucheon, South Korea.
1. FanMojo’s New Brand Ambassador
- FanMojo has appointed Cricketer Prithvi Shaw as Its Brand Ambassador.
- Prithvi Pankaj Shaw is an Indian cricketer and former India national under-19 cricket team captain.
- Fanmojo.in is a e-sports venture where users play skill based games as a Fantacy Cricket.
2. New CEO of Vodafone Business
- Vinod Kumar Has Been Appointed CEO Of Vodafone Business
- Vodafone Business Services (VBS) is the enterprise arm of Vodafone.
- Vodafone plc is a British multinational telecommunications conglomerate with headquarters in London and Newbury, Berkshire.
- It predominantly operates services in the regions of Asia, Africa, Europe, and Oceania. Among mobile operator groups globally, Vodafone ranked 4th in the number of mobile customers as of 2018.
- Nick Read is a British businessman, and the CEO Vodafone Group.
3. Project ‘Utkarsh 2022’
- RBI has finalised a three-year roadmap for medium term objective of Project ‘Utkarsh 2022’.
- Objective: Strengthening the regulatory and supervisory mechanism of RBI.
- The Reserve Bank of India is India’s central banking institution, which controls the issuance and supply of the Indian rupee. Until the Monetary Policy Committee was established in 2016, it also controlled monetary policy in India.
- Bank rate: 6.00% || Interest on reserves: 4.00% || Headquarters: Mumbai || Founded: 1 April 1935, Kolkata || Governor: Shaktikanta Das
4. New Head of Directorate General of Civil Aviation
- Arun Kumar has been appointed as the Head Of Directorate General Of Civil Aviation.
- The Directorate General of Civil Aviation is the Indian governmental regulatory body for civil aviation under the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
- This directorate investigates aviation accidents and incidents.
- Headquarters: New Delhi || Parent agency: Ministry of Civil Aviation || Minister responsible: Suresh Prabhu
1. Commonwealth Senior Weightlifting Championships
- Four Gold Medals for India in Commonwealth Senior Weightlifting Championships.
- Mirabai Chanu at senior women’s 49 kg event.
- Jhilli Dalabehra at senior women’s 45 kg event.
- Soroikhaibam Bindyarani Devi at senior women’s 55kg event.
- Rishikanta Singh at senior men’s 55kg event.
2. Durand Cup Football Tournament
- The 129th Durand Cup Football Tournament will be held in West Bengal.
- Durand Cup is a Domestic football competition in India which was first held in 1888.
- It is co-hosted by the Durand Football Tournament Society and Osians. The Tournament is the oldest football tournament in Asia and third oldest football tournament in the world.
3. FIBA Women’s EuroBasket 2019
- The 2019 European Women Basketball Championship is the 37th edition of the continental tournament in women’s basketball, sanctioned by the FIBA Europe.
- Host nations: Latvia and Serbia
- Champions: Spain
- Runner-up: France
4. IBSF World Snooker Championship 2019
- The 2019 edition of IBSF World Snooker Championship was concluded in Doha, Qatar.
- Winner: Muhammad Bilal and Asjad Iqbal of Pakistan
- Runner-up: Pankaj Advani and Laxman Rawat of India