Daily Current Affairs 11 June 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This article, Daily Current Affairs 11 June 2017, includes all Major National, International, Business, and Sports events. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through this article, that is, Daily Current Affairs 11 June 2017, we would recommend to you to try 11 June 2017 Current affairs test.
1. First underwater metro in India.
- Kolkata is set to get India’s first underwater Metro, which will use a transportation tunnel built under the Hooghly River.
- The tunnel has been constructed 30 metres below riverbed, few metres away from Howrah Bridge.
- It will be connecting two main terminals: Howrah and Sealdah – each of which has a footfall of about 10-12 lakh passengers per day.
- The project cost Rs 8,996 crore.
- Chief Minister of West Bengal – Mamata Banerjee
2. Aadhaar a Must for filing Income Tax Returns.
- Central Board of Direct Taxes has made Aadhaar mandatory for filing Income Tax returns and applying for Permanent Account Number from July 1, 2017.
- Only a partial relief has been given to those who do not have Aadhaar or who do not wish to obtain Aadhaar for time being, tax authorities will not invalidate their PAN.
- Chairman of CBDT – Sushil Chandra
3. Soumitra Chatterjee to get Legion of Honour.
- Soumitra Chatterjee has been conferred with the highest French civilian honour, the Legion d’Honneur.
- Ambassador of France to India Alexandre Ziegler will present the honour to him.
- He has also won Dadasaheb Phalke Award in 2012 and was awarded the Padma Bhushan in 2004.
- Chatterjee has previously been conferred with the Commandeur de l’ Ordre des Arts et des Lettres, France’s highest award for artistes.
- President of France – Emmanuel Macron
4. Ayush Ministry launches yoga awareness.
- Central Council for Research in Yoga & Naturopathy under the Ministry of AYUSH has initiated a Yoga Awareness Drive through Mascots and Flash Mobs to increase popularity of Yoga especially among the youth.
- They are connecting with families by providing added entertainment and interactivity, especially at Malls, Public Places, and Events & Recreational Tourist Areas.
- The Human-size IDY Mascots are running the campaign & spreading the message of Yoga Day in Delhi NCR, Lucknow and Haryana.
- FlashMobs of Yoga Dance called YogMob are also being organised at certain crowded places like malls.
- Union Minister of State for AYUSH – Shripad Yesso Naik
1. Adam West passes away at 88.
- Adam West, star of the popular and campy 1960s “Batman” TV show, died after a short but brave battle with leukemia.
- West became known to a new generation of TV fans through his recurring voice role on Fox’s “Family Guy” as Mayor Adam West.
- He is widely known for his role as Batman in the 1960s ABC series Batman.
2. UN holds first Ocean Conference.
- United Nations has held its first ever summit on protecting the world’s seas and waterways on June 10.
- The conference ended with the adoption by consensus of a ’14-point Call for Action’ to conserve and sustainably use oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development.
- World Ocean Day – 8th June
1. World’s smallest & cheapest private jet launched.
- Aviation company Cirrus Aircraft has launched the world’s smallest and most affordable private jet called ‘Vision Jet’ for Rs. 12.62 crore.
- The aircraft takes off from just 620 metres of runway and has a maximum operating altitude of 28,000 feet.
- It also boasts of a parachute system that can be deployed in case of an emergency.
- The cabin is highly spacious for up to five adults and two children, includes USB charging ports for every seat, an in-flight entertainment system, and mood lighting.
- CEO of Cirrus Aircraft – Dale Edward Klapmeier
2. IOB launches retail mart.
- Indian Overseas Bank has launched the Retail Mart, a retail lending concept in Thiruvananthapuram.
- The Retail Mart has been designed with an aim to complete all the pre-release formailities at the customer’s door step and sanction quality retail loans at a competitive rate of interest with a minimum turnaround time.
- The new facility will expeditiously entertain and process housing loans, vehicle loans and other mortgage loans.
- CEO of IOB – R. Subramaniakumar
1. Ostapenko wins French open.
- Jelena Ostapenko defeated Simona Halep 4-6, 6-4, 6-3 in finals to win the 2017 French Open.
- She is the first unseeded woman to win at Roland Garros since 1933 and also the lowest-ranked champion in French Open history.
- It was only her eighth appearance at one of the four tennis majors, the fewest by a champion since Maria Sharapova won Wimbledon in 2004.
- She will rise from 47th to 12th in the world rankings following her spectacular victory.
- Daily Current Affairs: June 1
- Daily Current Affairs: June 2
- Daily Current Affairs: June 3
- Daily Current Affairs: June 4
- Daily Current Affairs: June 5
- Daily Current Affairs: June 6
- Daily Current Affairs: June 7
- Daily Current Affairs: June 8
- Daily Current Affairs: June 9
- Daily Current Affairs: June 10
- Daily Current Affairs: June 11
- Daily Current Affairs: June 12
- Daily Current Affairs: June 13
- Daily Current Affairs: June 14
- Daily Current Affairs: June 15
- Daily Current Affairs: June 16
- Daily Current Affairs: June 17
- Daily Current Affairs: June 18
- Daily Current Affairs: June 19
- Daily Current Affairs: June 20
- Daily Current Affairs: June 21
- Daily Current Affairs: June 22
- Daily Current Affairs: June 23
- Daily Current Affairs: June 24
- Daily Current Affairs: June 25
- Daily Current Affairs: June 26
- Daily Current Affairs: June 27
- Daily Current Affairs: June 28
- Daily Current Affairs: June 29
- Daily Current Affairs: June 30