Daily Current Affairs 11 June 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 11 June 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 11 June 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 11 June 2018 Current affairs test.
1. National Awards for Best Performing Self Help Groups
- Minister of Rural Development, Narendra Singh Tomar Confers National Awards on Best Performing Self Help Groups under DAY – National Rural Livelihood Mission .A total of 34 SHGs have been awarded National Awards at an event held in New Delhi.
- Each SHG received a cash award of Rs. 1,00,000 along with a commemoration and a certificate of appreciation.
2. All CSCs across the country will become Business Correspondents of Banks.
- 2.90 lakh CSCs (Common service center) will be able to work as Business Correspondents (BCs).
- The expansion of Digital Technology in the country will add 5 % more growth in the GDP. CSC has the potential to change the social fabric of the country
3. “Rail Madad” App Launched
- Piyush Goyal, Minister of Railways & Coal today launched a new App “Rail Madad” – An App to expedite & streamline passenger grievance redressal.
- ‘Rail Madad’ – a mobile App to register complaints by passengers through mobile phone/web. It relays real time feedback to passengers on the status of redressal of their complaints- the passenger gets an instant ID through SMS on registration of complaint .
4. Minister of Railways & Coal launches a new App ‘Menu on Rails’
- Piyush Goyal, Minister of Railways & Coal launched a new App ‘Menu on Rails’, a Mobile Application developed by IRCTC for creating awareness to the Railway Passengers for the items served to them on their Rail Journey.
- Mobile App displays menu served on all type of trains.
1. WHO Commends India For Reducing Maternal Mortality Ratio By 77%
- The WHO commended India’s progress in reducing the maternal mortality ratio (MMR) by 77 percent, from 556 per one lac live births in 1990 to 130 per one lac live births in 2016.
- This progress puts the country on track towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goal target of an MMR below 70 by 2030.
2. Operation Nistar: Indian Navy Brings Back 38 Indians From Cyclone-Hit Socotra Island In Yemen
- The Indian Navy rescued 38 Indians from Socotra island in Yemen where they were stranded for nearly 10 days after a severe cyclonic storm hit the area.
- The Navy had diverted its ship INS Sunayna as part of the operation NISTAR.
3. India and China Sign 2 Agreements
- India and China signed two bilateral agreements following the meeting between the Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Chinese President Xi Jinping on the side-lines of the summit.
- The agreements include continuing to share Brahmaputra water data during flood season and exporting non-Basmati rice to China.
4. India is the second highest sender of foreign students to the US
- With 1,86,000 Indian students currently studying in the United States second to China.
- USA is the top destination for students and the number of Indian students in the US has more than doubled in the last 10 years.
1. Railways installs first-ever food vending machine in train
- The Indian Railways has installed a tablet-operated automatic food vending machine in the newly-launched double-decker Coimbatore-Bengaluru UDAY Express.
- There is also an exclusive dining area for passengers.
2. Govt presses on with plan to sell IDBI Bank stake
- The government has been trying to privatise IDBI Bank for the past couple of years as the rise in NPAs—₹55,588.26 crore during FY18.
- IDBI Bank to get professionally-run board after privatisation.
3. Yahoo Messenger to shut down 20 years after launch
- Yahoo has announced it is discontinuing its Messenger service after 20 years, from July 17, after which users won’t be able to login.
- Users can download their chat history from the company’s website till six months.
1. Chhetri becomes joint 2nd best active scorer
- Sunil Chhetri to equal Argentina captain Lionel Messi’s tally of 64 international goals
- The top scorer in this is Portugal’s Cristiano Ronaldo with 81 goals
2. Scotland beat England for the first time in a one-day international
- England were all out for 365 after Scotland made 371 for five, their highest total in a one-day international.
- Scotland’s cricketers pulled off the greatest victory in their history.
3. Cricketer Sanju Samson fails Yo-Yo Test.
- The Kerala cricketer failed the Yo-Yo test and was out of India A’s England tour.
- Yo-Yo test is a fitness test developed by a Danish Soccer physiologist Jens Bangsbo. It is a part of the fitness tests in the teams of most of the countries.
- Daily Current Affairs: June 1
- Daily Current Affairs: June 2
- Daily Current Affairs: June 3
- Daily Current Affairs: June 4
- Daily Current Affairs: June 5
- Daily Current Affairs: June 6
- Daily Current Affairs: June 7
- Daily Current Affairs: June 8
- Daily Current Affairs: June 9
- Daily Current Affairs: June 10
- Daily Current Affairs: June 11