Daily Current Affairs 11 June 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 11 June 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 11 June 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 11 June 2019 Current affairs test.
1. India’s first Dinosaur Museum
- India’s first Dinosaur Museum Park was inaugurated at Mahisagar district in Gujarat.
- It was inaugurated by Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani.
2. National Center for Good Governance with Maldives Civil Services Commission
- National Center for Good Governance has signed an MOU with Maldives Civil Services Commission for capacity building of 1000 Maldives civil servants.
- The National Centre for Good Governance (NCGG) is an autonomous institute under the aegis of Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances, Government of India.
- Its head office is at New Delhi and registered office at Mussoorie.
- Capital: Malé || Currency: Maldivian rufiyaa || President: Ibrahim Mohamed Solih || Continent: Asia
3. Bharat Stage- VI norms for the two-wheeler
- International Centre for Automotive Technology has released first Type Approval Certificate in India for Bharat Stage-VI norms for the two-wheeler.
- International Centre for Automotive Technology is located at Manesar in Gurugram district of Haryana state of India. The Rs 1100 crore facility has facilities for vehicle homologation and also testing laboratories for noise, vibration and harshness and passive safety.
- BS is basically a norm known as Bharat Stage norms which are defined for the engines and also for the fuel. BS norms are equivalent to the EURO norms which are accepted globally.
- The major difference between the BS IV and BS VI or the need to shift to BS VI is for cleaner vehicular emissions.
- In 13 major cities, Bharat Stage IV emission norms have been in place since April 2010 and it has been enforced for entire country since April 2017. In 2016, the Indian government announced that the country would skip the BS-V norms altogether and adopt BS-VI norms by 2020.
4. Speaker of the Lok Sabha
- Virendra Kumar was chosen as the pro tem speaker of the 17th Lok Sabha.
- Virendra Kumar is a seven-time MP from Tikamgarh in Madhya Pradesh
- Pro tem Speaker. After a general election and the formation of a new government, a list of senior Lok Sabha members prepared by the Legislative Section is submitted to the Minister of Parliamentary Affairs, who selects a pro tem speaker. The appointment has to be approved by the President.
1. New President of Kazakhstan
- Kassym-Jomart Tokayev has sworn in as the President of Kazakhstan.
- Capital: Nur-Sultan || Currency: Kazakhstani tenge
2. G7 Summit
- PM Narendra Modi has accepted Emmanuel Macron’s Invitation to attend the session of the G7 Summit in Biarritz.
- Emmanuel Macron is a French politician serving as President of the French Republic since 2017.
- The Group of Seven is a group consisting of Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
- These countries, with the seven largest IMF-described advanced economies in the world, represent 58% of the global net wealth.
3. Ban of Single Use Plastics from 2021
- Canada will ban Single Use Plastics from 2021 as it was announced by Canada Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
- Canada Capital: Ottawa || Currency: Canadian dollar.
4. 73rd Tony Awards
- Tony Awards 2019 was the 73rd edition of Tony Awards, was held in New York.
- Hadestown was the most winning production of the season by winning eight awards.
- Tony Award, recognizes excellence in live Broadway theatre. The awards are presented by the American Theatre Wing and The Broadway League.
- The awards are given for Broadway productions and performances, and an award is given for regional theatre
1. Gold Award in South Africa
- Automobile company Mahindra has won the Gold Award by National Automobile Dealers’ Association in South Africa.
- Mahindra & Mahindra Limited is an Indian multinational car manufacturing corporation headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
- It was established in 1945 as Mohammad & Mahindra and later renamed as Mahindra and Mahindra.
- Parent organization: Mahindra Group || CEO: Anand Mahindra || Headquarters: Mumbai
2. 2019’s Brandz Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brand
- 1. Amazon
- 2. Apple
- 3. Google
- 4. Microsoft
- 5. Visa
- 6. Facebook
- Alibaba (at 7th) overtook Tencent (At 8th) and became the most valuable Chinese brand.
- BrandZ is a brand equity database managed by the marketing firm Millward Brown. It holds data from over 650,000 consumers and professionals across 31 countries, comparing over 23,000 brands.
3. New MD of Gujarat International Finance Tec-City
- Tapan Ray has been appointed as the MD of Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (Gift City).
- Tapan Ray was the former Secretary of Corporate Affairs.
- Gujarat International Finance Tec-City is a business district promoted by the Government of Gujarat through a joint venture company. GIFT City is India’s first operational smart city in the Ahmedabad. and international financial services centre.
1. ATP Rankings Men’s
- 1. Novak Djokovic of Serbia
- 2. Rafael Nadal of Spain
- 3. Dominic Thiem of Austria
- 4. Roger Federer of Switzerland
2. Pacific International Snooker Championship
- Pacific International Snooker Championship 2019 was held at The Reventon Classic in Melbourne.
- Sourav Kothari of India has lifted the title.