Daily Current Affairs 11 March 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 11 March 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 11 March 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 11 March 2018 Current affairs test.
1.Parliamentary panel asks govt to define shell companies.
- The government is asked to define ‘shell company’ and to differentiate between those non-compliant with filing norms and those guilty of fraud, by a parliamentary panel.
- The panel said some of these companies may have been merely dormant without any fraudulent intent.
2.Less Traffic Day observed by Bengaluru to combat pollution.
- Bengaluru observed the 2nd edition of Less Traffic Day, a campaign launched in Feb 2018 to reduce air pollution and traffic congestion in the city.
- The campaign aims to encourage people to voluntarily opt for public transport services for combating pollution, officials said.
3.32 crore Aadhar numbers linked to voter IDs in 3 months.
- Chief Election Commissioner OP Rawat has revealed that the Election Commission has linked 32 crore Aadhar numbers to voter ID cards in just 3 months.
- The process was stopped after the Supreme Court held that Aadhar could be used only for PDS and LPG distribution schemes.
4.Muslim women protest against Triple Talaq bill in Pune.
- Over a thousand muslim women held a rally in Pune to protest against the instant triple talaq bill which seeks to criminalise the practice with a 3-year jail term.
- They demanded that the Muslim Personal Law should not be changed.
1.President Xi Jinping becomes China’s leader for life.
- China’s parliament has abolished the decades-old two-term limit for the President, which allows Xi Jinping to remain as the country’s leader for life.
- Of the 2,964 delegates, only two voted against the change, while three abstained.
2.Trump unveils 2020 campaign slogan.
- US President unveiled his campaign slogan for 2020 presidential election which is ‘Keep America Great’.
- He said that he wouldn’t use ‘Make America Great Again’, his 2016 campaign slogan, as he has already delivered on that.
3.Won’t alter constitution to stay President forever: Putin.
- On being asked if he will follow the footsteps of China’s president of changing constitution to stay in power, Russian President Vladimir Putin said that he has no such plans.
- Putin is running for the fourth term in the office.
4.Bolivia unfurls ‘world’s biggest flag’.
- Bolivia claimed to have unfurled the world’s biggest flag that stretched nearly 200km. Tens of thousands of Bolivians held the flag to show support for the country amid a maritime dispute with Chile.
- Bolivia has been demanding access to the Pacific Ocean, which it lost to Chile during a war in the 19th Century.
1.India recovering from note ban and GST disruptions: IMF.
- The IMF has said that Indian Economy seems to be on its way to recover from disruptions caused by demonetization and GST rollout.
- IMF further said that India would benefit from enhancing health and education and improving efficiency in the banking system.
2.Parliamentary panel seeks report on PNB fraud within a month.
- A parliamentary panel has asked the Finance Ministry to launch a “comprehensive enquiry” into the $2 billion PNB fraud and submit its report within a month.
- The panel said it is “extremely concerned” about the fraud which shows that a “small group of individuals can manipulate such gigantic bank”.
3.US steel tariff decision ‘unfortunate development’: Suresh Prabhu.
- Commerce Minister Suresh Prabhu has termed the US’ decision to impose tariffs on imported steel and aluminium as an “unfortunate development”.
- President Trump has signed two proclamations levying 25% tariff on steel and 10% tariff on aluminium imports from all countries except Canada and Mexico.
1.Akhil Sheoran bagged gold medal at ISSF Shooting World Cup.
- Akhil Sheoran won the country’s 4th medal at the ISSF Shooting World Cup in Mexico.
- India is leading in the medal tally with 9 medals including 4 gold, 1 silver and 4 bronze.
2.Bangladesh registers best chase by an Asian side in T20I cricket.
- Bangladesh registered T20I cricket’s fourth highest successful run chase and the highest by an Asian side after chasing down Sri Lanka’s 214 in their 5-wicket win on saturday.
- All three participating nations now have a win each in the Nidahas Trophy.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz, 11 March
- Daily Current Affairs: March 1
- Daily Current Affairs: March 2
- Daily Current Affairs: March 3
- Daily Current Affairs: March 4
- Daily Current Affairs: March 5
- Daily Current Affairs: March 6
- Daily Current Affairs: March 7
- Daily Current Affairs: March 8
- Daily Current Affairs: March 9
- Daily Current Affairs: March 10
- Daily Current Affairs: March 11