Daily Current Affairs 11 May 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 11 May 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 11 May 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 11 May 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Life term for convicts in Gujarat riot case upheld
- 14 people were convicted in the 2002 Gujarat riots’ Ode massacre case.
- 23 people were burnt alive in the town during the riots.
2. Lalu Prasad Yadav granted bail
- He is granted 6 weeks provisional bail on medical grounds.
- Yadav is serving a jail term after being convicted in 4 fodder scan cases .
3. Thunderstorm hits Uttar Pradesh
- 16 people were killed and 27 were injured in the thunderstorm.
- Thunderstorm with squalls is expected to hit the state on May 13th .
4. ‘Vijay Prahar’ concludes
- 25,000 Indian soldiers participated in the month-long exercise.
- Equipments like tanks, attack helicopters, drones were used to prepare them for nuclear or biological attacks.
1. India-Nepal bus service flagged off
- PM Modi and KP Sharma Oli flagged off Indo-Nepal bus service.
- The buses will ply from Janakpur to Ayodhya.
2. Mount Merapi erupts
- It is Indonesia’s most active volcano and spewed ash up to 5km high.
- Its last eruption in 2010 killed 347 casualties.
3. Trump and Kim to meet in Singapore
- The meeting will take place in Singapore on June 12th.
- Trump took to Twitter to say that they will make it a very special moment for World Peace.
4. 5 ISIS leaders captured in sting operation
- The sting operation had been carried out by US and Iraqi intelligence units.
- Of the captured, Ismail al-Eithawi is the top aide of ISIS leader Abu Bakr.
1. Walmart to open new stores in India
- Walmart will open 50 new stores in next 4-5 yrs.
- It will acquire 77% stake in Flipkart by investing $16 bn.
2. Oil prices hit 3.5 yr high
- Brent crude rose to $77 per barrel after US pulled out of Iran nuclear deal.
- The US has given wind-down period of 90-180 days.
3. India at 6th spot in business optimism index
- This comes amidst all time high business optimism globally.
- The top 5 countries are Austria, Finland, Indonesia, Netherlands and the US.
1. Rafael Nadal wins 50th set on clay
- He broke a 34-yr old record by winning 50th straight set on clay.
- Nadal looks forward to win his 6th Madrid Open title.
2. SRH qualify for playoffs
- It is the 1st team to qualify for IPL 2018 playoffs.
- This comes after they registered their highest chase against DD.
- Daily Current Affairs: May 1
- Daily Current Affairs: May 2
- Daily Current Affairs: May 3
- Daily Current Affairs: May 4
- Daily Current Affairs: May 5
- Daily Current Affairs: May 6
- Daily Current Affairs: May 7
- Daily Current Affairs: May 8
- Daily Current Affairs: May 9
- Daily Current Affairs: May 10
- Daily Current Affairs: May 11
- Daily Current Affairs: May 12
- Daily Current Affairs: May 13
- Daily Current Affairs: May 14
- Daily Current Affairs: May 15