Daily Current Affairs 11 November 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 11 November 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 11 November 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 11 November 2017 Current affairs test.
1. Revised GST rates
- The GST Council has lowered tax rates on 178 mass consumption products to 18%.
- GST on 13 items including condensed milk, pasta has been reduced from 18% to 12%.
2. Delhi calls off Odd-Even after NGT removes exemptions
- Delhi Transport Minister Kailash Gahlot said that the city’s transport system is not ready for 30 lakh two-wheelers going off the road.
- The NGT had declared that two-wheelers, women, govt servants and VVIPs would not be exempt from the scheme.
3. JEE Main, NEET to be conducted twice a year from 2019
- The move is aimed at relieving the CBSE from its duties of conducting entrance examinations.
- The focus should be on improving the quality of higher education.
1. US Congress approves military aid to Pakistan
- The US congress has authorised up to $700 million to reimburse Pakistan for activities supporting US operations in Afghanistan.
- The Congress also urged the US govt to ensure that no aid provided was being used to persecute minority groups.
2. South Sudan govt using food as weapon of war : UN
- The UN said that South Sudan’s govt is blocking life-saving food assistance from reaching citizens.
- South Sudan is facing a civil war since late 2013 after a feud sparked within the govt.
3. US, Russia agree that there is no military solution to Syria
- They have agreed to continue joint efforts on fighting ISIS in the country until its defeat.
- This comes after the Syrian army declared victory over ISIS, adding that it’s still fighting the militants in desert areas near Iraq border.
1. Nestle India profit grows 23%
- Nestle India reported profit increased to Rs.343 crore for the quarter ended Sept 30th.
- The company’s total sales rose to Rs.2500.67 crore of which the domestic market accounted for nearly 94% of sales.
2. Bitcoin price dips by over $1,300 in 48 hrs
- Bitcoin’s price fell below $6,500, having fallen by over $1,300.
- However, Bitcoin is still up over 600% this year and has market evaluation of nearly $108 billion.
3. Alibaba Singles’ Day sales hit $1 billion in 2 minutes
- Alibaba had recorded sales of $18 billion this year and $17.7 billion in 2016.
- The net worth of goods sold on Alibaba’s platforms reached $10 billion in over an hr after the sale started at midnight.
1. Srikanth to miss China Open Super Series
- Kidambi Srikanth is set to miss the China Open Super Series due to a leg injury.
- He will be back at the Hong Kong Super Series where he will have a chance to become world number 1.
2. Russia cuts university year for 2018 FIFA
- The Russian govt said that this is to make room in dormitories for police amid fears of terror attacks.
- This will be done in cities which host the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
- Daily Current Affairs: November 1
- Daily Current Affairs: November 2
- Daily Current Affairs: November 3
- Daily Current Affairs: November 4
- Daily Current Affairs: November 5
- Daily Current Affairs: November 6
- Daily Current Affairs: November 7
- Daily Current Affairs: November 8
- Daily Current Affairs: November 9
- Daily Current Affairs: November 10
- Daily Current Affairs: November 11
- Daily Current Affairs: November 12
- Daily Current Affairs: November 13
- Daily Current Affairs: November 14
- Daily Current Affairs: November 15