Daily Current Affairs 11 November 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 11 November 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 11 November 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 11 November 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Birth Anniversaries (National Education Day)
- The Birth Anniversaries of Abul Kalam Azad (National Education Day) and J. B. Kripalani are today.
- Abul Kalam Azad was an Indian scholar and the senior Muslim leader of the Indian National Congress during the Indian independence movement. Following India’s independence, he became the first Minister of Education in the Indian government.
- J. B. Kripalani was an Indian politician, noted particularly for holding the presidency of the Indian National Congress during the transfer of power in 1947 and the husband of Sucheta Kriplani.
2. INSPIRE 2018
- Power Minister R K Singh has inaugurated the International Symposium to Promote Innovation & Research in Energy Efficiency (INSPIRE 2018)
- This is the second edition of INSPIRE and is being organised by Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) and World Bank.
3. Rosogolla Day
- West Bengal will observe ‘Rosogolla Day’ on November 14
- The aim is to commemorate the first anniversary of Geographical Indication GI tag as ‘Bengal’s Rosogolla’.
4. ‘Bhubaneswar Me WiFi’
- Odisha Govt. has launched ‘Bhubaneswar Me WiFi’ project to make Bhubaneswar with fully Wifi enabled city before Hockey World Cup.
- It was implemented by the Bhubaneswar Smart City Limited.
1. Jeff Sessions steps down
- Jeff Sessions has stepped down from the post of US Attorney General.
- He is an American politician and lawyer, earlier served as the 84th and current Attorney General of the United States since 2017. A Republican, Sessions served as United States Senator from Alabama from 1997 to 2017, resigning the position in order to serve in the Trump administration.
2. Maldives’ President-elect
- PM Modi will attend the swearing-in ceremony of Ibrahim Mohamed Solih, the Maldives’ New President.
- Capital: Malé || Currency: Maldivian rufiyaa || President: Abdulla Yameen || Continent: Asia
3. Cyril Ramaphosa as the Chief Guest for Republic Day celebrations 2019
- India is planning to invite South African President Cyril Ramaphosa as the Chief Guest for Republic Day celebrations 2019.
- This came after US President Donald Trump rejected The invitation citing scheduling conflicts.
- 2014 : Shinzō Abe (Japanese PM)
- 2015 : Barak Obama (Then US President)
- 2016 : François Hollande (Then French President)
- 2017 : Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan (Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi)
- 2018 : Heads of ASEAN states
1. Global Macro Outlook 2019-20
- Acc. to Moody’s Investors Service report, Indian Economy to grow at 7.4% in 2018 but will slow down to 7.3% in the next fiscal.
- Moody’s Investors Service or Moody’s, is the bond credit rating business of Moody’s Corporation, representing the company’s traditional line of business and its historical name. Moody’s Investors Service provides international financial research on bonds issued by commercial and government entities.
2. Ombudsman For Digital Payments
- Reserve Bank of India is planning to establish an ombudsman for digital payments by March 2019.
- Governor: Urjit Patel || Headquarters: Mumbai || Currency: Indian rupee (₹) || Subsidiary: National Housing Bank || Established: 1st April 1935.
3. Global IT Challenge for Youth with Disabilities, 2018
- The three day event of the “Global IT Challenge for Youth with Disabilities, 2018” has been concluded in the presence of Thaawarchand Gehlot(Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment).
- It was organised by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD), Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment in association with Rehabilitation International Korea and their associated partner LG Electronics.
- 55 Awards were presented to Youth at the event.
1. Number 1 In World in 65kg Wrestling
- Wrestler Bajrang Punia has achieved number one rank in the 65kg category with 96 points.
- He is Gold Medallist at both Asian Games 2018 and Gold Coast 2018.
2. Munaf Patel has retired
- Cricketer Munaf Patel has announced his retirement from all form of Cricket.
- He was a part of India’s 2011 World Cup winning squad.
3. 1st Indian woman to score a hundred in T20I
- Harmanpreet Kaur has become the 1st Indian woman to score a hundred in T20I cricket against New Zealand in the Women’s World T20 2018.
- She scored 103 runs off 51 balls.
- Daily Current Affairs: November 1
- Daily Current Affairs: November 2
- Daily Current Affairs: November 3
- Daily Current Affairs: November 4
- Daily Current Affairs: November 5
- Daily Current Affairs: November 6
- Daily Current Affairs: November 7
- Daily Current Affairs: November 8
- Daily Current Affairs: November 9
- Daily Current Affairs: November 10
- Daily Current Affairs: November 11