Daily Current Affairs 11 November 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 11 November 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 11 November 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 11 November 2019 Current affairs test.
1. TN Seshan passes away
- Former chief election commissioner TN Seshan has passed away.
- Tirunellai Narayana Iyer Seshan was an Indian civil servant who served with the Indian Administrative Service. After serving on various positions in Madras State and in various ministries of the Central Government of India, he served as the 18th Cabinet Secretary of India in 1989.
2. National Education Day
- National Education Day is celebrated on 11 November on the birth anniversary of Independent India’s first Education Minister Maulana Abul Kalam Azad.
- He was an Indian scholar, independence activist, and a senior leader of the Indian National Congress during the Indian independence movement.
3. Ramakant Gundecha passes away
- Dhrupad maestro Ramakant Gundecha passed away on 8 November, 2019.
- The Gundecha brothers, founders of Bhopal’s Gurukul Drupad Sansthan, are known for reviving and performing the dhrupad, one of the oldest forms of Hindustani music. The brothers were awarded the Padma Shri together in 2012.
4. Book ‘Courts of India: Past to Present’
- Chief Justice of India Justice Ranjan Gogoi has released the Assamese version of book ‘Courts of India: Past to Present’.
- This book has been published by the Publication division.
1. The 11th BRICS summit
- PM Modi will be in Brasilia, Brazil on 13th-14th November 2019 to attend the 11th BRICS summit.
- Theme: ‘Economic Growth for an Innovative Future’.
- BRICS is the acronym coined for an association of five major emerging national economies: Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa. Originally the first four were grouped as “BRIC”, before the induction of South Africa in 2010.
2. Ambassador of India to the Republic of Mali
- Anjani Kumar hasbeen appointed as next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Mali.
- Mali: President: Ibrahim BoubacarKeïta || Capital: Bamako || Currency: West African CFA Franc.
3. South Asia Cooperative Environment Programme 2019
- Minister for Environment, Forest and climate change Prakash Javadekar participated in the 15th Governing Council Meeting of the South Asia Cooperative Environment Programme 2019 (SACEP).
- The 15th Governing Council Meeting of the South Asia Cooperative Environment Programme 2019 (SACEP) was held in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Bangladesh: Prime Minister: Sheikh Hasina || Capital: Dhaka || Currency: Bangladeshi taka.
4. Dhaka Literature festival
- West Bengal based writer Abhisek Sarkar has won Gemcon Young Literature Award at Dhaka Literature festival.
- He was awarded for manuscripts ‘Nishiddho’.
1. Global Exhibition on Services ‘GES 2019’
- The 5th edition of Global Exhibition on Services ‘GES 2019’ will be held from November 26 to 28 at Bengaluru.
- Aim: To engage industry and governments across the world and to promote greater exchange of trade in services between India and the rest of the world.
2. ABLF Global Asian award
- Chairman of Aditya Birla Group, Kumar Mangalam Birla was conferred ABLF Global Asian Award.
- He was awarded at Asia Business Leadership Forum which is backed by Government of UAE.
3. EXIM Bank’s Line of Credit to Ghana
- Export-Import Bank has provided a USD 30 million Line of Credit to Ghana for a potable water project.
- Export–Import Bank of India is a finance institution in India, established in 1982 under Export-Import Bank of India Act 1981. Since its inception, Exim Bank of India has been both a catalyst and a key player in the promotion of cross border trade and investment.
- Headquarters: Mumbai || CEO: David Rasquinha || Founded: 1 January 1982
- Ghana: Capital: Accra || Currency: Ghanaian cedi
1. Spanish Super Cup 2019-20
- The 2019–20 edition of Spanish Super Cup 2019-20 will be played in Saudi Arabia.
- The 2019–20 Spanish Super Cup will be the 36th edition of the Spanish Super Cup, an annual football competition for clubs in the Spanish football league system that were successful in its major competitions in the preceding season.
2. New Director of Cricket Australia
- Cricket Australia has appointed former cricketer Melanie Jones as its New director.
- Melanie Jones OAM is an Australian cricket commentator and former cricketer who represented Australia women’s national cricket team.
3. WTA Finals Tournaments
- Ashleigh Barty of Australia has defeated Elina Svitolina of Ukraine to win the WTA Finals in China.
- The WTA Finals is a tournament of the Women’s Tennis Association played annually at the end of the season for the top-ranked professional players. The tournament predates WTA and started in 1972 as the Championship tournament of WTA Tour’s predecessor: the Virginia Slims Circuit.