Daily Current Affairs 11 October 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 11 October 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 11 October 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 11 October 2017 Current affairs test.
1. Delhi govt to reward for helping accident victims
- Delhi Health Minister Satyendar Jain said that a reward of Rs.2000 will be given to those who take the accident victims to hospitals.
- The people will be rewarded under the Good Samaritan Policy.
2. Honeypreet directed aides to upload anti-India videos
- Honeypreet Insan directed her close aides to upload anti-India videos, threatening to ‘wipeout India from the world map’ if Gurmeet Ram Rahim was jailed.
- The SIT also claimed that Honeypreet confessed to planning the Panchkula violence.
3. Lions maul 15 cows in Gujarat gaushala
- A pride of lions attacked a Gaushala in Gujarat’s Amreli district and mauled 15 cows in 45 mins.
- Experts said lions display such aggressive behaviour when surrounded by panicked cattle in confined areas.
4. Web Portal with information on govt schemes
- Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis launched MahaLabharthi web portal to spread awareness about various govt schemes among people.
- The portal has been developed by Maharashtra Knowledge Corporation Ltd and provides details of 229 schemes currently.
1. Court holds Japanese govt responsible for Fukushima disaster
- A court ordered Japanese govt and the plant operator Tepco responsible for the Fukushima nuclear disaster and ordered them to pay over Rs.28 crore for damages.
- The court said the govt failed to improve safety measures despite being aware of the risk of a tsunami.
2.Hundreds of suspected ISIS militants surrender in Iraq
- Around 1000 suspects surrendered to Kurdish authorities in Iraq after the terror group lost control of Hawija.
- The militants had fled to the Kurdish-held region to avoid executions by the forces who assisted the Iraqi army’s offensive on Hawija.
3.Catalan leader suspends declaration of independence
- Catalan President Carles Puigdemont suspended the region’s declaration of independence in order to pursue a dialogue with Spain.
- The move came days after the poll in which 90% participants voted in favour of Catalonia’s independence from Spain.
1. Wells Fargo ATMs allow card-free cash withdrawals
- US Bank Wells Fargo has upgraded over 5,000 ATMs that allow customers to withdraw cash with a smartphone.
- Customers still need to enter their PIN into the machine.
2. Cash disruption affected India’s economic growth: World Bank
- World Bank stated that disruptions from withdrawal of banknotes and uncertainties around the GST affected India’s economic momentum.
- The growth could be accelerated to 7.3% by 2018 from 7% in 2017.
1.FIFA suspends Pakistan from international football
- FIFA has suspended Pakistan Football Federation with immediate effect.
- FIFA suspended PFF since its accounts were in control of a court-appointed administrator which is against FIFA rules.
2.Messi scores hat-trick to send Argentina into 2018 World Cup
- Argentina’s captain Lionel Messi scored a hat-trick to help his team defeat Ecuador 3-1 to qualify for the tournament.
- Argentina came into the match after going winless in four matches.
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15