Daily Current Affairs 11 October 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 11 October 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 11 October 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 11 October 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI)
- IWAI with the Government of Assam will be starting a new Roll on-Roll off (Ro-Ro) facility for Majuli Island.
- Majuli, the largest pollution free fresh water river island in the world, a treasure island of culture, snuggles in the bosom of the mighty Brahmaputra.
2. 13th Annual Convention of Central Information Commission
- President Kovind will inaugurate the 13th Annual Convention of Central Information Commission (CIC).
- Theme :- “Data privacy and Right to information, Amendment in the RTI Act and Implementation of the RTI Act”.
3. MedWatch App
- Indian Air Force has launched ‘MedWatch’ A mobile health App.
- It was launched on the occasion of IAF’s 85th anniversary and was conceived by the doctors of IAF and developed in-house by Directorate of Information Technology (DIT) “with Zero financial outlay”.
4. Goa International Film Festival
- Goa International Film Festival that will be held in November 2018.
- Jharkhand will be the partner state in that.
1. India – Indonesia coordinated patrol (CORPAT)
- The 32nd edition of India–Indonesia coordinated patrol (IND-INDO CORPAT) will be held from 11–27 Oct 2018 at Belawan harbour, Indonesia.
- Indian Naval Ship Kulish and an Indian Dornier (naval maritime time patrol aircraft) will participate in this.
2. Japan to cooperate with India in Swachh Bharat Mission
- Japanese Prime minister Mr. Shinzo Abe has offered support to Swachh Bharat Mission.
- Swachh Bharat Mission is a nation-wide campaign in India for the period 2014 to 2019 that aims to clean up the streets, roads and infrastructure of India’s cities, towns, and rural areas. The campaign’s official name is in Hindi and translates to ‘Clean India Mission’ in English.
3. International Day of the Girl Child
- International Day of the Girl Child is an international observance day declared by the United Nations; it is also called the Day of Girls and the International Day of the Girl
- Theme:- With Her: A Skilled Girl Force
4. Clear Sky 2018
- It is air exercise between Ukraine, US and NATO Countries.
- Ukraine Capital: Kiev, Currency: Ukrainian hryvnia
1. Atal Innovation Mission with IBM
- NITI Aayog and IBM has announced Industry-tailored Student Internship Programme.
- The students will be selected by Atal Innovation Mission (AIM).
2. India’s 1st Biofuel Plant
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd will complete setup India’s ethanol bio-refinery at Baulsingha in Bargarh district of Odisha.
- The project is expected to complete by 2020.
3. AirAsia India’s New CEO
- AirAsia India has named Sunil Bhaskaran (VP of Corporate Services at Tata Steel) as MD and CEO.
- AirAsia India is a joint venture between Tata Sons and Malaysia’s AirAsia Group.
4. International Court of Arbitration
- NITI Aayog and ICC International Court of Arbitration has organised a Workshop in New Delhi.
- The workshop is on Best Practices in International Arbitration,
- Arbitration is a settlement of dispute between two parties to a contract by a neutral third party
1. Youth Olympics
- Shooter Saurabh Chaudhary won the men’s 10m Air Pistol event.
- Argentina Capital: Buenos Aires, Currency: Argentine peso. || Official Mascot of Youth Olympic Games 2018 is Pandi.
2. China Open 2018 (Tennis)
- Men’s Singles :- Nikoloz Basilashvili (Georgia)
- Women’s Singles :- Caroline Wozniacki (Denmark)
3. First African country to host Youth Olympics
- International Olympic Committee (IOC) has selected Senegal as the host of the 2022 Youth Olympic Games.
- Capital: Dakar || Continent: Africa || Currency: West African CFA franc
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11