Daily Current Affairs 11 September 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 11 September 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 11 September 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 11 September 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Model International Center for Transformative AI (ICTAI)
- NITI Aayog, Intel, and Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) are collaborating to set up a ICTAI.
- The aim is to develop and deploy AI-led application-based research projects. This initiative is part of NITI Aayog’s ‘National Strategy for Artificial Intelligence’ Program.
2. ASHA, ANM and Anganwadi workers
- Govt. has decided to increase in remuneration for ASHA and Anganwadi workers.
- The below three ‘A’ workers are the main spotlight for effective implementation of the Mission Indradhanush and for providing vaccination cover to more than 3 lakh pregnant women and 85 crore children.
- Accredited Social Health Activist (ASHA)
- Auxiliary Nurse Midwife (ANM)
3. Meryl Streep Award for Excellence
- Aishwarya Rai was awarded with the Meryl Streep Award for Excellence.
- The awarded is presented by Women in Film and Television (WIFT) India-A part of WIFT International.
4. First Airport to use face recognition as ‘boarding pass’
- Kempegowda International Airport, Bengaluru is set to become the first airport in Asia to use face recognition in the boarding procedure.
- This will be implemented by Vision Box(Portuguese software firm).
1. Exercise Nomadic Elephant
- INDO-MONGOLIA joint exercise Nomadic Elephant-2018 is being held in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.
- It is an annual, bilateral exercise since 2006.
2. Next Ambassador of India to Kyrgyz Republic
- Alok Amitabh Dimri will be India’s Next Ambassador to the Kyrgyz Republic.
- Kyrgyzstan:- Capital: Bishkek || Currency: Kyrgyzstani som
3. Next Ambassador of India to Azerbaijan Republic
- B. Vanlalvawna will be the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Azerbaijan.
- Azerbaijan:- Capital: Baku, Currency: Azerbaijani manat.
4. World Suicide Prevention Day
- World Suicide Prevention Day was observed on September 10.
- Theme:- ‘Working Together to Prevent Suicide’
1. Honoris Causa Award
- Bibek Debroy was honoured ‘Honoris Causa’ by the University of Engineering and Management. Kolkata.
- He is chairman of Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister.
2. The Rule Breakers- A book
- Preeti Shenoy has launched her new book ‘The Rule Breakers’.
- She is an Indian author. She has been consistently nominated for the Forbes List of the 100 most influential celebrities in India since 2013. Preeti received the Indian of the Year award by Brands Academy. She has also received Business excellence award instituted by New Delhi Management Institute.
3. WiFi Leadership Awards 2018
- BSNL won WiFi Leadership Awards 2018
- The award is presented at My India WiFi India Summit and Awards 2018 organised by DigiAnalysys in New Delhi.
4. Panel to select the next Chief Economic Adviser
- Bimal Jalan is the head of the panel.
- The Chief Economic Adviser is the economic advisor to the Government of India. The CEA is the ex-officio cadre controlling authority of the Indian Economic Service. The CEA is under the direct charge of the Minister of Finance.
1. US Open 2018
- Men’s Singles: Novak Djokovic (Serbia)
- Women’s Singles: Naomi Osaka (Japan)
- Men’s Doubles: Mike Bryan (USA) and Jack Sock (USA)
- Women’s Doubles: Ashleigh Barty (Australia) and CoCo Vandeweghe (United States)
- Mixed Doubles: Bethanie Mattek-Sands (United States) Jamie Murray (United Kingdom)
2. UEFA to launch third European club competition
- The tournament is expected to run alongside the Champions League and the Europa League.
- The UEFA Champions League is an annual continental club football competition organised by the Union of European Football Associations and contested by top-division European clubs.
3. Australian Open with Infosys
- Infosys drafted a strategic three-year partnership with the Australian Open tennis championship.
- Infosys will digitize the software tools for Australian Open.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,11 September
- Daily Current Affairs: September 1
- Daily Current Affairs: September 2
- Daily Current Affairs: September 3
- Daily Current Affairs: September 4
- Daily Current Affairs: September 5
- Daily Current Affairs: September 6
- Daily Current Affairs: September 7
- Daily Current Affairs: September 8
- Daily Current Affairs: September 9
- Daily Current Affairs: September 10
- Daily Current Affairs: September 11