Daily Current Affairs 11 September 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 11 September 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 11 September 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 11 September 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Helicopter summit 2019
- Ministry of Civil Aviation has organised India’s first-ever helicopter summit in Dehradun.
- Theme: ‘Role of IAF helicopters in MEDEVAC (Medical evacuation)’.
- Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Civil Aviation: Hardeep Singh Puri.
2. Plenary session of the North Eastern Council
- The 68th Plenary session of the North Eastern Council (NEC) was concluded in Guwahati, Assam.
- Home Minister Amit Shah Chaired the 68th Plenary session of the North Eastern Council.
- Aim: To discuss various developmental issues which are critical to the North East.
3. ‘Make in India’ Metro Coach
- PM Modi has inaugurated the first coach for Mumbai Metro built under ‘Make in India’ programme.
- Rapid transit or mass rapid transit, also known as heavy rail, metro, subway, tube, U-Bahn or underground, is a type of high-capacity public transport generally found in urban areas.
4. Book ‘Phoolpur: Indian Flowers, Their Myths, Traditions and Usage’
- Book ‘Phoolpur: Indian Flowers, Their Myths, Traditions and Usage’ is written by Jhelum Biswas Bose.
- The book explains the subtle power and meaning of different Indian flowers.
5. Producer S Sriram passes away
- Producer S Sriram has passed away in Chennai.
- He was the producer of Bombay Movie.
- Movie Bombay: Director: Mani Ratnam || Music director: A. R. Rahman
1. South Asian Parliamentarian conference for Children of UNICEF
- The 2019 UNICEF South Asian Parliamentarian Conference on Children Rights Convention was held in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- It was organised by UNICEF with the parliament of Sri Lanka.
- Aim: To discuss the issues faced by children and on the challenges to improve the child rights.
2. Global Top 50 IB Schools 2019
- Dhirubhai Ambani International School (DAIS), Mumbai was ranked 10th in ‘Global Top 50 IB Schools 2019’ list.
- The list is compiled by Education Advisers Limited, UK-based independent education consultants, every year.
3. Bahamas is facing wrath of Hurricane Dorian
- Hurricane Dorian was an extremely powerful, long-lived, and destructive tropical cyclone that devastated the north-western Bahamas and caused significant damage to the South-eastern United States and Atlantic Canada.
- India will extend immediate disaster relief of USD 1 million to Bahamas which is facing wrath of Hurricane Dorian.
- Bahamas: Capital: Nassau || Vernacular language: Bahamian Creole || Currency: Bahamian dollar
4. Next Indian Ambassador to Norway
- B Bala Bhaskar has been appointed as next Indian Ambassador to Norway.
- Norway: Prime Minister: Erna Solberg || Capital: Oslo || Currency: Norwegian krone.
1. KVIC Chairman
- Khadi and Village Industries Commission Chairman Vinai Kumar Saxena will continue as the Chairman of organisation for another three years.
- The Khadi and Village Industries Commission is a statutory body formed by the Government of India, under the Act of Parliament, ‘Khadi and Village Industries Commission Act of 1956’.
- Headquarters: Mumbai
2. A mobile app for visually impaired
- RBI has selected Daffodil Software to develop a mobile app for visually impaired to help them identify currency notes.
- The Reserve Bank of India is India’s central banking institution, which controls the issuance and supply of the Indian rupee. Until the Monetary Policy Committee was established in 2016, it also controlled monetary policy in India.
- Bank rate: 5.65% || Interest on reserves: 4.00% || Headquarters: Mumbai || Founded: 1 April 1935, Kolkata || Governor: Shaktikanta Das
2. National Infrastructure Pipeline from FY 2019-20 to FY 2024-25
- A Task Force under the chairmanship of Atanu Chakraborty, Secretary (DEA) has been constituted by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman to draw up a National Infrastructure Pipeline for each of the years from FY 2019-20 to FY 2024-25.
- The Department of Economic Affairs (DEA) is the nodal agency of the Union Government to formulate and monitor country’s economic policies and programmes having a bearing on domestic and international aspects of economic management.
- Aim: To achieve the GDP of 5 trillion USD Economy by 2024-25.
- India needs to spend about Rs 100 lakh crore over these years on infrastructure.
1. 2019 Italian Grand Prix
- Winner: Charles Leclerc of Ferrari
- Runner-up: Valtteri Bottas of Mercedes
2. Book ‘Fortune Turners: The Quartet That Spun India To Glory’
- Book ‘Fortune Turners: The Quartet That Spun India To Glory’ is authored Aditya Bhushan and Sachin Bajaj.
- The book on India’s 4 spinners and Crickets: Bishan Singh Bedi, Erapalli Prasanna, Bhagwat Chandrashekhar and S. Venkataraghavan.
3. The fastest-ever women’s half-marathon
- Brigid Kosgei of Kenya has completed the fastest half-marathon ever ran by a woman with a time of 1 hour, 44 minutes and 28 seconds.
- She broke the world record set in 2017 by fellow Kenyan JoycilineJepkosgei.
5. Duleep Trophy
- Winner: India Red
- Runner-up: India Green
- The Duleep Trophy is a domestic first-class cricket competition played in India. Named after Kumar Shri Duleepsinhji of Nawanagar, the competition was originally contested by teams representing geographical zones of India. Since 2016-17 it has been played by teams chosen by BCCI selectors.