Daily Current Affairs 11th 12th August 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 11th 12th August 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 11th 12th August 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 11th 12th August 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Uttar Pradesh Government with Flipkart
- Government of Uttar Pradesh has tied-up with Flipkart under One District, One Product (ODOP) scheme.
- Aim: To bring the artisans, weavers and craftsmen under the ODOP scheme.
2. Tsunami Ready Village by UNESCO
- Odisha became the first state in the country where the two of its coastal villages have been recognised as being ‘Tsunami Ready’ by UNESCO.
- India also becomes first in the Indian Ocean region to achieve the honour from the Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission (IOC) of UNESCO.
- Venkatraipur (Boxipalli) village
- Noliasahi village
3. National Portal on Human-Elephant conflict
- Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar has launched National Portal on Human-Elephant conflict called ‘SURAKHSYA’.
- It is launched on World Elephant Day (12th August).
4. National Infrastructure Pipeline Dashboard
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has launched National Infrastructure Pipeline (NIP) Online Dashboard.
- The National Infrastructure Pipeline (NIP) is a group of social and economic infrastructure projects in India over a period of five years with a sanctioned amount of ₹102 lakh crore.
5. Indira Van Mitan Yojana
- Chhattisgarh Government has launched the ‘Indira Van Mitan’ Yojana.
- Aim: To make the forest dwellers of the state self reliant
- Chhattisgarh: Chief Minister: Bhupesh Baghel || Governor: Anusuiya Uikey.
1. State of Environmental Emergency
- A state of Environmental Emergency has been declared by Mauritius because a Japanese bulk carrier ‘MV Wakashio’ ran aground on a reef in Mauritius and began leaking oil into the ocean.
- Mauritius: Prime Minister: Pravind Jugnauth || President: Prithvirajsing Roopun.
2. New Prime Minister of Peru
- Walter Roger Martos Ruiz has become new Prime Minister of Peru.
- Peru: Capital: Lima || Currency: Peruvian Sol.
1. e-KYC authentication
- Central Depository Services Ltd has received approval for local Authentication User Agency (AUA)/e-KYC User Agency (KUA) from UIDAI.
- Central Depository Services: Headquarters: Mumbai || Managing Director & CEO: Nehal Vora
1. India’s first Pocket Android POS
- Paytm has launched India’s 1st Pocket Android POS Device.
- It is named as ‘Paytm All-in-One Portable Android Smart POS’.
- Paytm founder: Vijay Shekhar Sharma.
Science and Technology News
1. Rocket Engine ‘Raman’
- Space-tech startup Skyroot Aerospace has successfully test fired an upper stage rocket engine ‘Raman’.
- Skyroot Aerospace is an Indian space-tech startup, has become the first Indian private firm to exhibit the potential to build a homegrown rocket engine.
- Skyroot Aerospace Headquarters: Hyderabad
1. Chairman of the Capital India Finance Ltd
- Former NABARD Chairman Harsh Kumar Bhanwala has been appointed as executive chairman of Capital India Finance.
- Harsh Kumar Bhanwala has served as the chairman of NABARD for over six years.
1. World Elephant Day
- World Elephant Day is an international annual event on August 12.
- It is dedicated to the preservation and protection of the world’s elephants.
2. International Youth Day
- International Youth Day is observed on 12th August every year.
- International Youth Day is an awareness day designated by the United Nations. The purpose of the day is to draw attention to a given set of cultural and legal issues surrounding youth.
- The first IYD was observed on 12 August, 2000.
- Theme: ‘Youth Engagement for Global Action’.
1. Rahat Indori passes away
- Noted Urdu Poet Rahat Indori has passed away.
- Rahat Indori was an Indian Bollywood lyricist and Urdu language poet. He was also a former professor of Urdu language and a painter. Prior to this he was a pedagogist of Urdu literature at Devi Ahilya University, Indore.
1. 70th Anniversary Grand Prix
- The Red Bull racer Max Verstappen has won the 70th Anniversary Grand Prix.
- Max Emilian Verstappen is a Belgian-Dutch racing driver who competes under the Dutch flag in Formula One with Red Bull Racing.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,11th 12th August