Daily Current Affairs 11th 12th June 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 11th 12th June 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 11th 12th June 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 11th 12th June 2020 Current affairs test.
1. First-ever Coal Trading Exchange
- Indian Government is planning to open its first coal trading exchange on the basis of commodity or energy exchanges.
- Coal India Limited: Headquarters: Kolkata || Chairman-cum-Managing-Director (MD): Pramod Agarwal
1. Myanmar with Facebook
- Myanmar military ‘Tatmadaw’ has decided to use Facebook to provide accurate news to people.
- Capital: Naypyitaw || Currency: Burmese kyat || President of Myanmar: Win Myint.
2. World’s largest solar project
- Adani Green Energy has won the bid for world’s largest solar project worth $6 billion from the Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI).
- Adani Green Energy: Founder: Gautam Adani || Headquarters: Ahmedabad
1. World Bank with West Bengal
- Government of West Bengal has received Rs 1950 crore loan from the World Bank to tackle COVID-19 situation.
- The World Bank is an international financial institution that provides loans and grants to the governments of poorer countries for the purpose of pursuing capital projects. It comprises two institutions: the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development, and the International Development Association.
- Headquarters: Washington DC || Parent organization: World Bank Group
- President of World Bank: David Malpass
2. S&P Global Ratings Report
- S&P Global Ratings has forecasted Indian economy to shrink by 5% in fiscal year 2020-21.
- It also mentioned that India’s growth to rebound to 8.5% in the fiscal year 2021-22.
- S&P Global Ratings is an American credit rating agency and a division of S&P Global that publishes financial research and analysis on stocks, bonds, and commodities. S&P is considered the largest of the Big Three credit-rating agencies, which also include Moody’s Investors Service and Fitch Ratings.
- Headquarters: New York || Parent organization: S&P Global || Founder: Henry Varnum Poor
3. GIFT city Gujarat
- Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services Limited (IL&FS) has sold its 50% stake in Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT City) to Gujarat Government.
- Gujarat International Finance Tec City located on the banks of the Sabarmati River and is around 12 km from Ahmedabad International Airport and is India’s first operational smart city and international financial services centre. It was promoted by the Gujarat government as a green field project.
4. MSME Accelerate by Amazon
- Amazon has launched ‘MSME Accelerate’ which is a platform that provides purchasing solutions for registered businesses to shop for business supplies on Amazon.
- Amazon.com, Inc., is an American multinational technology company based in Seattle that focuses on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence. It is considered one of the Big Four technology companies, along with Google, Apple, and Microsoft.
- CEO: Jeff Bezos
1. World Day Against Child Labour
- World Day Against Child Labour was observed on 12th June.
- The World Day Against Child Labour is an International Labour Organization-sanctioned holiday first launched in 2002 aiming to raise awareness and activism to prevent child labour.
1. Pritam Singh passes away
- Former director of Indian Institute of Management Lucknow and Padma Shri awardee Pritam Singh has passed away.
- The Indian Institute of Management Lucknow is an autonomous public business school in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India. It was established in 1984 as the fourth Indian Institute of Management by the Government of India.
Agreements and MoUs
1. MoU on Energy Cooperation with Denmark
- India has signed MOU on Energy Cooperation with Denmark.
- Prime Minister of Denmark: Mette Frederiksen || Capital: Copenhagen || Currency: Danish krone.
2. NCERT with Rotary India Humanity Foundation
- NCERT has signed an MoU with Rotary India Humanity Foundation to make e-learning more constructive
- The National Council of Educational Research and Training is an autonomous organisation of the Government of India which was established in 1961 as a literary, scientific and charitable Society under the Societies’ Registration Act. Its headquarters are located at Sri Aurbindo Marg in New Delhi.
- Headquarters: New Delhi || Director: Hrushikesh Senapaty
3. TCS iON with NSDC
- TCS iON has partnered with the National Skill Development Corporation to provide its training partners access to digital skilling tools.
- TCS : Headquarters- Mumbai || CEO– Rajesh Gopinathan || Chairman- Chandrasekaran
- NSDC: Headquarters– New Delhi || MD & CEO– Manish Kumar || Chairman– A M Naik
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. NASA Distinguished Public Service Medal
- Renjith Kumar of Kerala has been honoured with ‘NASA Distinguished Service Medal’.
- He worked in administration for NASA for over 30 years and contributed to updating the International Space Stations.
- Headquarters: Washington DC || Founder: Dwight D. Eisenhower || Founded: 1 October 1958, United States || Administered by: Jim Bridenstine
2. Quacquarelli Symonds World University Rankings
- Top Three
- 1. Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- 2. Stanford University
- 3. Harvard University
- IIT Bombay is ranked 172nd, while IISc is 185th and IIT Delhi is at 193rd place.
3. Mercer’s 2020 Cost of Living Survey’
- According to Mercer’s 2020 Cost of Living Survey’, Mumbai is ranked the 60th most expensive city for expatriates globally while it is ranked first in India.
- Top Three:
- 1. Hong Kong
- 2. Ashgabat
- 3. Tokyo
4. Covid-19 Safety Assessment Rankings
- India has been ranked 56th out of 200 countries in a comprehensive report on safety and risk assessment by Deep Knowledge Group.
- Top Three
- 1. Switzerland
- 2. Germany
- 3. Israel