Daily Current Affairs 11th 12th October 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 11th 12th October 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 11th 12th October 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 11th 12th October 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Mukhya Mantri Saur Swarojgar Yojana
- Uttarakhand Govt has launched ‘Mukhya Mantri Saur Swarojgar Yojana’.
- Governor of Uttarakhand: Baby Rani Maurya.
2. Anti-Radiation Missile ‘Rudram’
- DRDO has successfully test-fired anti-radiation missile ‘Rudram’.
- DRDO Chief: G. Satheesh Reddy || HQ: New Delhi
3. Tree Transplantation Policy
- Delhi Government has launched a first-of-its-kind in India ‘Tree Transplantation Policy’ to preserve trees for clean and green Delhi.
- Governor of Delhi: Anil Baijal
4. First ‘Har Ghar Jal’ State in India
- Goa has become the first ‘Har Ghar Jal’ State in the country by providing tap water connection to every rural household.
- It is according to the data provided by the Ministry of Jal Shakti.
- Governor of Goa: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
5. SVAMITVA scheme
- PM Modi has launched the programme of physical distribution of Property Cards under the SVAMITVA scheme.
- SVAMITVA means ‘Survey of Villages and Mapping with Improvised Technology in Village Areas’.
1. Finland’s PM post for a day
- A 16-year old Aava Murto assumed the post of Finland’s Prime Minister for one day to raise awareness about gender equality.
- Prime Minister of Finland is Sanna Marin
- Capital: Helsinki
- Currency: Euro
1. Myntra’s First Digital Brand Ambassador
- Myntra has named Bhuvan Bam as its first digital brand ambassador.
- Parent organization: Flipkart || CEO: Amar Nagaram
1. International Day of the Girl Child
- International Day of the Girl Child is observed on October 11.
- Theme: ‘My voice, our equal future’
2. National Postal Day
- National Postal Day is celebrated annually on 10 October.
- Aim: To commemorate the role played by the Indian postal department, which was founded in 1854 by Lord Dalhousie.
- It is as an extension of World Post Day on 9 October.
3. World Arthritis Day
- World Arthritis Day (WAD) on 12th October is a global awareness-raising day about Arthritis.
- Arthritis is the swelling and tenderness of one or more of your joints. The main symptoms of arthritis are joint pain and stiffness, which typically worsen with age.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. Forbes India Rich list for 2020
- Top Three
- 1. Mukesh Ambani with $88.7 billion
- 2. Adani Group Chairman Gautam Adani, with a net worth of $25.2 billion
- 3. Chairman of HCL Shiv Nadar acquired the third spot with a net worth of $20.4 billion.
2. Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences 2020
- Winner: Paul R. Milgrom and Robert B. Wilson for improvements to auction theory and inventions of new auction formats.
- In 1968, Sveriges Riksbank (Sweden’s central bank) established the Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel, founder of the Nobel Prize.
- The Prize is based on a donation received by the Nobel Foundation in 1968 from Sveriges Riksbank on the occasion of the Bank’s 300th anniversary.
1. Exercise Sagar Kavach
- Coastal security exercise ‘Sagar Kavach’ has been concluded in Kerala.
- It is conducted by the Indian Navy along with Indian Coast Guard and all stakeholders involved in Coastal Security.
1. French Open 2020
- Rafael Nadal defeated Novak Djokovic to win the his 13th men’s French Open Title.
- Women’s Single: Iga Swiatek (Poland)
- Men’s Double: Kevin Krawietz & Andreas Mies (Germany)
- Women’s Double: Tímea Babos (Hungary) & Kristina Mladenovic (France)
2. Eifel Grand Prix 2020
- Lewis Hamilton has won the 2020 Eifel Grand Prix in Nürburg, Germany.
- Lewis Hamilton MBE HonFREng is a British racing driver currently competing in Formula One for the Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula One Team.